GUILTY VA - Janyiha Whiteman, 11 months, Virginia Beach, 1 Oct 2011

cc81

Reaction score
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-virgi...10monthold-baby-girl-20111020,0,2848731.story

Police are seeking the public’s assistance in locating 10-month-old Janyihna Whiteman, who was last seen by family members on October 1st at Colony Trailer Park located at 913 Virginia Beach Boulevard.

Police were contacted by family members concerning the welfare of Marie Whiteman, the baby’s mother, left her baby in the care of her boyfriend, Lawrence Ray Smith, on September 16th.

--------------------------------------
This was just posted on the 'local' news.
Not a very well written article, so it's kind of hard to kick off the questions.. but here goes:

1. Which family member contacted LE?
2. Why hasn't the mother reported the baby missing before?
3. Where is the baby?
4. Not that I think he has anything to do with this, but, where is the birth father?

hinky meter says mom is involved and it was other family that were concerned over the child's welfare enough to involve LE.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/va_beach/police-need-help-locating-missing-baby?=smks

Janyiahna Whiteman's mother, Marie, left the baby with her boyfriend, Lawrence Ray Smith, 33, on September 16. Janyiahna was last seen by family members on October 1 at the Colony Trailer Park, located at 913 Virginia Beach Boulevard.

The family hasn't heard from Smith since October 3. Police were contacted by relatives concerned with Janyiahna's welfare on October 6.

Janyiahna is bi-racial and has blue eyes and brown hair. She is 20 to 25 pounds and is two feet tall.

How sad. I'm very worried about her - doesn't sound good. :(

I found another article...

The mother of the 10-month-old baby gave her to her boyfriend, Lawrence Ray Smith, 33, on Sept. 16 to care for while she went away for several weeks, said Officer Jimmy Barnes, a police spokesman, this afternoon. But the mother has returned and has not been able to locate him.

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/10/police-missing-baby-virginia-beach-last-seen-oct-1

725391.jpg

http://media.hamptonroads.com/cache/files/images/725391.jpg

so where in the world did the mom go for a couple weeks?!? and without her kid?? Did mama just get out of spending some time in jail?

Article corrections... the baby is 11 months old

So the man and the baby look alot alike, have we heard if he is the father?

for those that facebook, "friends" of the mom are posting comments to the article on WAVY TV 10 page

Her being biracial with blue eyes makes her distinctive.. that is a good thing in case she's out there!!!!
First gut reaction is boyfriend sold her because he was sick of caring for her

not an abduction because the mother left the baby in his care while she went "off" for a couple weeks.

What an adorable little girl!!! Praying that she will be found safe.

Can a mod please fix the title? The spelling of her name has been corrected to: Janyiha and she is 11 months old. (love article changes)

WTKR channel 3, is reporting the mom went to jail on drug charges. Just released 2 days ago.

So the man and the baby look alot alike, have we heard if he is the father?

I was thinking the same thing. Boyfriend doesn't necessarily mean that person is not the bio father. Boyfriend would be used if mom and bio dad are not married or engaged.

I'm also not going to jump to conclusions that mom went to jail for those few weeks. She could have been in some kind of rehab possibly.

I wonder why she didn't have family watch the baby.

Where could this child be?

Also, may I request people remember to put the date in the thread title? Similiarly to how the format works for the other threads here? It really helps a lot to see that info in the title.

sorry Cubby, I may of been here for years, but rarely do I start new threads. Wouldn't even know where to start with a date anyways! Baby was last seen on 09/16 by mom, then 10/03 or 10/06 by family but mom was released on 10/18 and I don't know when the police report was made.

Waiting to see if the news posts any video online concerning the case to verify she spent time in jail. WTKR did have a little interview with the mom where she did a little plea for BF to return the baby to her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back