744 users online (108 members and 636 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

TX - Sombrero-wearing French tourists break into Bexar County Courthouse

Ah! vacation memories.....

Courthouse intruders remain jailed
    Two of the five French tourists arrested at the Bexar County Courthouse remain in county custody, while charges have been dropped for the other three.
    ---
    Visiting San Antonio while touring the nation in a rented recreational vehicle, the men had been drinking at a bar downtown and were arrested early Wednesday after two of them climbed a fire escape and broke into the courthouse, officials have said.
    ---
    For about 30 minutes, the courthouse intruders, who officials said were probably intoxicated, wandered the halls with an gavel they'd swiped from a judge's bench and wearing sombreros they found in a Bar Association storage closet as officers surrounded the building, alerted by a silent alarm.
    ---
    A bottle of cold beer was found in a courtroom, said Sheriff Amadeo Ortiz, adding the men likely didn't even know what the building was.
    ---
    more, plus cctv pic of sombrero-wearing tourists wandering the courthouse halls, at link above

Luring drunken tourists to their ruin - the Bexar County Courthouse!

KSAT news video here.

Oh, This made me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post

Oh, This made me laugh!
    Even better, in that courthouse picture there's the Dolorosa street sign - Via Dolorosa is Latin for 'Way of Grief' or 'Way of Suffering.'
    Last edited by wfgodot; 10-20-2011 at 07:40 PM.

I couldn't have made up something like that if I tried!
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

I am sitting here laughing like a maniac
    England's dancing days are done...

I truly hope they have enjoyed their trip to America. Just think of the stories and pictures they will have when they go back to France.

Courthouse partiers just want to go home

---
    “We're out of money and ready to go home,” said one [of the men who did not break in the courthouse], though they added they were concerned about the two who would be left behind.

They were interviewed in Spanish, which some of them speak as well as French. Their English is somewhat broken.

“We are all like brothers,” said Camille Huet, 25. “(The jailed brothers) are good people. They have never been in jail or in trouble like this. Their families are very worried. But we can't do anything for them while we are here. We are going to have to go back and help them from France.”
    ---
    a lengthy article, with video, on the aftermath at San Antonio Express-News link above

Not sure what the allure of the courthouse in Bexar County is; nice old building, but....really. These guys didn't even try to get inside and wear sombreros around.

Tipsy tourists charged with trespass (San Antonio Express-News)

I'm just glad they didn't pee on the cenotaph in front of the Alamo like Ozzy Osbourne did when he was intoxicated in San Antonio.
    You don't scare me. I'm married to a redhead!
    --PATX

Everybody counts or nobody counts.
    --Hieronymus Bosch

"Across the alley from the Alamo lived a pinto pony and a Navajo who sang a sort of Inidan hi-de-ho to the people passing by"

S.A. lives in fear that tourists will learn the Alamo cenotaph and Bexar County Courthouse are only 0.7 miles apart and thus try for the daily "urinate on one, break into the other and wear sombreros" double.

After a shot of Ta-Kill-Ya I always pose the question......."Sombrero? Beret? Sombrero? Beret?"

http://media.photobucket.com/image/f...adam-jamie.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    S.A. lives in fear that tourists will learn the Alamo cenotaph and Bexar County Courthouse are only 0.7 miles apart and thus try for the daily "urinate on one, break into the other and wear sombreros" double.
    But can they hit the trifecta and also skinny dip in the river?
    You don't scare me. I'm married to a redhead!
    --PATX

Everybody counts or nobody counts.
    --Hieronymus Bosch

Quote Originally Posted by PATX View Post
    But can they hit the trifecta and also skinny dip in the river?
    Or they could make a scene at the Guenther House by dumping sacks of flour on diners' heads.*

* note: esoteric S.A. reference