1026 users online (208 members and 818 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 220
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,504

    Conrad Murray trial -Day fifteen

    Dr Murray was not to happy with yesterdays Propofol evidence. The demonstratrive examples shown in court having seemed to upset him more than any other aspect of the case so far. (next to the angry looks his gave the security guards) .
    The next week will have 15 witnesses for the defence I wonder which one of those witnesses Murray has the most faith in, as it is going to take MJ himself showing up in court for him to be found not guilty , IMO.

    MajicAtl.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13173872342816


    TMZ
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13184268344095



    My Fox
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...p_131738713427



    News star.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13173871808373


    Click2Houston
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...173871975894ng

    CNN
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13184269652286



    LA LOCAL TIMES.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13179300346441



    Upstream
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13179301284242



    ABC Local channel seven
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13179301490783


    ITUNE link.
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliat.../?id=464322481

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    226
    So when is court going to resume, I thought I heard 3:45?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by tweezybird View Post
    So when is court going to resume, I thought I heard 3:45?
    Court will resume Friday at 12:45 p.m. PDT. The defense, which had expected to start its case tomorrow, has yet to cross-examine Dr. Shafer.

    Read more: http://ca.eonline.com/news/michael_j...#ixzz1bQtUJtMl

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northwest of Nowhere!
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    Court will resume Friday at 12:45 p.m. PDT. The defense, which had expected to start its case tomorrow, has yet to cross-examine Dr. Shafer.

    Read more: http://ca.eonline.com/news/michael_j...#ixzz1bQtUJtMl
    I wonder why so late? That doesn't give defense much time if they are going to get in their cross so prosecution can finish with their part of this trial. I bet defense goes all afternoon and part of Monday. Unless they streamline their questions and don't ask the same question ten different ways.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,371
    Apologies if this subject has been covered, but does anyone have the slightest clue as to what procedure Dr. Arnie Klein could have possibly performed on MJ that would require three office visits per week, including regular doses of Demerol?

    While I don't believe he is as directly involved as Dr. Murray in MJ's death, how does his attorney explain the numerous prescriptions from Dr. K, issued in various names and found in MJ's bedroom? IMO, that's a clear indication of prescription fraud at the very least.
    __________________


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    Apologies if this subject has been covered, but does anyone have the slightest clue as to what procedure Dr. Arnie Klein could have possibly performed on MJ that would require three office visits per week, including regular doses of Demerol?

    While I don't believe he is as directly involved as Dr. Murray in MJ's death, how does his attorney explain the numerous prescriptions from Dr. K, issued in various names and found in MJ's bedroom? IMO, that's a clear indication of prescription fraud at the very least.
    __________________
    No idea. I did hear that because of all of the cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries, MJ's face was extremely sensitive. So, apparently it was being used prior to botox injections! (God forbid he not get botox!).

    It will be interesting to see what the medical records show. They may have been dummied up, but at least Klein kept medical records!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Northwest of Nowhere!
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    Apologies if this subject has been covered, but does anyone have the slightest clue as to what procedure Dr. Arnie Klein could have possibly performed on MJ that would require three office visits per week, including regular doses of Demerol?

    While I don't believe he is as directly involved as Dr. Murray in MJ's death, how does his attorney explain the numerous prescriptions from Dr. K, issued in various names and found in MJ's bedroom? IMO, that's a clear indication of prescription fraud at the very least.
    __________________
    You made me curious, so I went to Klien's website.

    Link
    From Link:
    "Considered the father of modern cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Arnold Klein developed the injection techniques for the cosmetic use of Botox, Collagen and Restylane. As you’ll see from our art collection, he also possesses a refined aesthetic sense. A combination of art and science epitomizes his work with fillers."

  8. #8
    Does anyone else get driven nuts by the conversation on In Session sometimes?

    BTW, they are making a huge deal about Chernoff doing the cross today. As I said on the last thread, Chernoff has been making the objections during Shaffer's direct, so that was no surprise to me. Courts impose a "one lawyer per witness rule", meaning that one lawyer is assigned to each witness, and does the objections and cross on each witness. I may have missed some testimony before yesterday, but it appeared to me that Chernoff was handling the objections on Shaffer's direct.

    I suppose the real question is why the guy who has been handling all of the technical medical stuff would not be "taking" Dr. Shaffer. It could be that since Chernoff is the lead attorney, he thought he needed to re-connect with the jury. Chernoff is not a stupid man, and I think he will be able to conduct the cross just fine. I think he will attack the accuracy of the medical examiner's toxicology results, thus trying to take the legs out from the basis of Shaffer's testimony. It could also be that White and Flanagan had personality clashes (doctors can be the biggest divas in the world, after all, and I suspect Dr. White has a very high opinion of himself). Since it was probably Chernoff who retained him, perhaps Chernoff was compelled to "take him" to mollify Dr. White's "diva-ish" tendencies.

    Finally, I also noted how agitated Murray looked yesterday when the IV drips came out. It was almost as if he wanted to jump up and show how he really killed MJ! Not to sound like a broken record, but there sure is a lot of wasted time, again, today, in this trial. It's driving me nutz.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,037
    OK. I'm lost.

    I was Skyping with my 3 yr old granddaughter in RI, from 8-9:15 am, my AZ time...
    and then said I had errands and had to end the call.

    I then rushed to turn on the TV (feeling guilty for ending the Skype session with my DGD so
    I could see what's happening with the CM trial).... and then to WS for the Day Fifteen thread.

    And all I see is that court will resume at 12:45 PDT.

    Did anything happen at all this morning? There's nothing at TMZ.

    I figured I'd get the fastest answer here, faster than going around the internet trying to find out.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    Dr Murray was not to happy with yesterdays Propofol evidence. The demonstratrive examples shown in court having seemed to upset him more than any other aspect of the case so far. (next to the angry looks his gave the security guards) .
    The next week will have 15 witnesses for the defence I wonder which one of those witnesses Murray has the most faith in, as it is going to take MJ himself showing up in court for him to be found not guilty , IMO.
    The camera in the courtroom has focused heavily on Dr. M over the past 2 days and I haven't seen Dr. Murray smile once.

    Dr. Murray's lawyers opposed the suspension of Dr. Murray's medical license claiming if Dr. Murray didn't work, they wouldn't get paid. Dr. Murray's father was a physician who died in 2001. AFAIK Conrad was an only child so perhaps he inherited some money after his father's death.

    Michael Jackson Manslaughter Trial: Conrad Murray Defense Witness Calls Propofol Expert a "*******"

    <snipped>

    ""White, who described Shafer as a friend and colleague, tells E! News that Deputy District Attorney David Walgren's treatment of the evidence has been "unethical and unconscionable." Shafer's testimony, however, has changed the way he thinks of him, White says. "I am going to take the high road, not the low road with him," he adds. "I was his teacher when he was a medical student. The truth will come out. It always does."

    UPDATE 3:05 p.m. Pastor immediately called for a break after Murray lost his cool in response to Shafer using an actual infusion stand to demonstrate how Murray could have dosed Michael Jackson with propofol. "Can you believe that?" Murray whispered to Dr. Paul White, an expected defense witness. "What a *******," White told the media seated near him.""

    Read more: http://ca.eonline.com/news/michael_j...#ixzz1bQwMDxWA
    Last edited by Crosby87; 10-21-2011 at 01:11 PM.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    226
    Thanks Bluesky!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    OK. I'm lost.

    I was Skyping with my 3 yr old granddaughter in RI, from 8-9:15 am, my AZ time...
    and then said I had errands and had to end the call.

    I then rushed to turn on the TV (feeling guilty for ending the Skype session with my DGD so
    I could see what's happening with the CM trial).... and then to WS for the Day Fifteen thread.

    And all I see is that court will resume at 12:45 PDT.

    Did anything happen at all this morning? There's nothing at TMZ.

    I figured I'd get the fastest answer here, faster than going around the internet trying to find out.
    The trial has been delayed until 1:30 p.m. local time Friday due to a funeral for Dr. Shafer's father.

    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...0,491291.story

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesky#1 View Post
    The trial has been delayed until 1:30 p.m. local time Friday due to a funeral for Dr. Shafer's father.

    http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...0,491291.story
    Thank you; this is certainly an excusable justification for the delay.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    You made me curious, so I went to Klien's website.

    Link
    From Link:
    "Considered the father of modern cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Arnold Klein developed the injection techniques for the cosmetic use of Botox, Collagen and Restylane. As you’ll see from our art collection, he also possesses a refined aesthetic sense. A combination of art and science epitomizes his work with fillers."

    I'd heard about that Thundar and admit I was very surprised. I hate to sound unkind, but I hope that MJ's appearance wasn't an example of Dr. Klein's "refined aesthetic". IMO, vitiligo aside, whoever was responsible for performing that wretched excess of plastic surgery is nothing short of a butcher. Highly unethical and obviously not acting in the best interest of the patient.

    It had occurred to me that perhaps Dr. K. was treating MJ with lasers in order to even out his pigmentation. Still, it's hard for me to believe even that would necessitate such frequent trips to the office. Usually a topical anesthetic is used, and a period of several days of healing time is required between treatments.

    NO ONE could possibly need that many fillers or botox injections!
    Last edited by Velouria; 10-21-2011 at 02:06 PM.


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,371
    Quote Originally Posted by outofstatelawyer View Post
    Does anyone else get driven nuts by the conversation on In Session sometimes?

    Only every time I watch it.


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Conrad Murray Trial - Day Ten
    By Talina in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
  2. Conrad Murray trial -Day nine.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 319
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
  3. Conrad Murray trial -Day eight.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
  4. Conrad Murray trial -Day seven.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
  5. Conrad Murray trial -Day six.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Tags for this Thread