1328 users online (295 members and 1033 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Results 211 to 220 of 220
  1. #211
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    I'd love for the jury to hear testimony somehow of how his malpractice insurance carrier denied his claim for help with legal expenses for this trial since his coverage doesn't cover anesthesiology as that is not what he is licensed to do. At least that is what I understood their position to be from articles I read some time ago.

    IMO
    Wowie, Zowie, Talina! First time I'm hearing this...any tips on where I can look for those articles? I'd like to find 'em for us. Google what? if no other ideas. I'm gonna start diggin'....

    Thanks!


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    BBM

    We know that CM played it fast & loose with MJ at his home -- alone. And altho they apparently (as far as we know, at least) were not certified or registered or professionally trained assistants/volunteers at his LV office, what was to keep him from training them himself to assist him in his office? He was a practicing cardiologist with patients -- cardiologists do procedures other than ECG's -- what would stop him? Just sayin' ....
    I'm sure CM trained his "medical staff" to the procedures & routine the way he wanted everything done.
    But because they weren't trained in an accredited school of nursing, they would not question him, as to
    whether things were done correctly.

    Plus, they did not have the fear of losing a nurses license if they did an unethical nursing procedure.
    They just needed to do as CM said to do.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,815
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    Wowie, Zowie, Talina! First time I'm hearing this...any tips on where I can look for those articles? I'd like to find 'em for us. Google what? if no other ideas. I'm gonna start diggin'....

    Thanks!
    HOUSTON (AP) -- An insurer for the doctor charged in Michael Jackson's death has asked a judge to rule that it is not responsible for the physician's legal bills in two high-profile court cases and fights to retain his medical license.

    Medicus Insurance Co. argues that Dr. Conrad Murray's medical malpractice policy doesn't cover his defense costs because the cases stem from alleged criminal wrongdoing, according to documents filed Wednesday in state court in Houston. Murray's policy, which was purchased roughly a month before Jackson's death in June 2009, did not cover incidents involving general anesthesia, the company argues.


    http://www.thegrio.com/entertainment...exas-court.php
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post

    Thankfully for the first time since Tuesday I was able to get some sleep last night and only woke up a couple of times when I got in the wrong position that compromised my rib area. So I AM improving. Thank you for your concern Borndem.

    Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

    Oceanblueeyes, It is so good to hear that you're feeling better and that your ribs are healing.

    I hope you continue to still be with us as much as you've been during your healing time.
    I love reading your many well written & informative opinions and facts re this trial!!

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,815
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

    Oceanblueeyes, It is so good to hear that you're feeling better and that your ribs are healing.

    I hope you continue to still be with us as much as you've been during your healing time.
    I love reading your many well written & informative opinions and facts re this trial!!
    Oh what a nice thing to say, Peace. I sincerely thank you. Isn't it great to have so many posters who give such great opinions and helps us understand this case? We are fortunate that we have medical professionals here to assist us too but I think we have all learned so much about propofol.

    LOL! Sometimes I think we know more about propofol and how it must be administered than Dr. Murray did.

    I am on the mend but I know it will just take time and I have to accept that. I am not a clumsy person at all and this fall is so embarrassing to me. The main thing it has done is limit what I can do and that is the part I hate. I had planned last week to do some trim painting and painting the walls in one of our guest bedrooms. LOL! Thats on hold for now!

    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  6. #216
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,379

    Malpractice Insurer Refuses to Cover Murray's Defense Costs

    Here is one article I found re CM's malpractice insurer refusing to cover his defense costs.

    If I find more that are also informative, I'll put the links out here, sports fans.



    http://mymedicalmalpracticeinsurance.com/news/?p=1169


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,037
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Oh what a nice thing to say, Peace. I sincerely thank you. Isn't it great to have so many posters who give such great opinions and helps us understand this case? We are fortunate that we have medical professionals here to assist us too but I think we have all learned so much about propofol.

    LOL! Sometimes I think we know more about propofol and how it must be administered than Dr. Murray did.

    I am on the mend but I know it will just take time and I have to accept that. I am not a clumsy person at all and this fall is so embarrassing to me. The main thing it has done is limit what I can do and that is the part I hate. I had planned last week to do some trim painting and painting the walls in one of our guest bedrooms. LOL! Thats on hold for now!

    IMO
    Well, we're the lucky ones, that your trim isn't getting done!

    And yes, I agree that we do have so many well informed people here,
    that also write so well to get their points across.

    I'm amazed that more WSers haven't been as interested in this trial and posted here.
    But, then it's made it easier for me to catch-up when I've been away for dentist & doctor
    appointments. Everything else has taken the back burner until the trial is over.

    Except for tomorrow at 10 am (AZ time), I have another appointment that I can't cancel!
    GRRRR It's with my financial advisor to see how soon I can/should do a bank transfer.

  8. #218
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,379
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    I'm sure CM trained his "medical staff" to the procedures & routine the way he wanted everything done.
    But because they weren't trained in an accredited school of nursing, they would not question him, as to
    whether things were done correctly.

    Plus, they did not have the fear of losing a nurses license if they did an unethical nursing procedure.
    They just needed to do as CM said to do.
    I would think that since they did not have (as far as we know) proper registration or certification, they were probably called "assistants" but not "medical assistants" since I assume (I am not a med. professional, so forgive my huge ignorance) that title would imply and probably require some type of training/education. And surely, Shirley, even CM would not refer to them as "nurses." Who knoze?

    And CM could always say, "Ms. Smith" or "Carol," etc. My internist simply calls his RN by her first name... but she does wear one of those usual name-tag things (please excuse that terminology, too) that says, Jane Doesmith, RN.

    But also, it seems to me, the "assistants" could be sued or arrested or whatever the medical term for it is, if there is one, if anyone or any body of law or medical authority decided to do so. I don't see this happening, but wouldn't it be possible?

    Oh, what a tangled web we weave. Just like any other lie, it just keeps snowballing and getting bigger, and more daring, and more dangerous, and more illegal, IMO. Mmmmmm. Bad, bad, bad.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,815
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    Well, we're the lucky ones, that your trim isn't getting done!

    And yes, I agree that we do have so many well informed people here,
    that also write so well to get their points across.

    I'm amazed that more WSers haven't been as interested in this trial and posted here.
    But, then it's made it easier for me to catch-up when I've been away for dentist & doctor
    appointments. Everything else has taken the back burner until the trial is over.

    Except for tomorrow at 10 am (AZ time), I have another appointment that I can't cancel!
    GRRRR It's with my financial adviser to see how soon I can/should do a bank transfer.
    Good luck with your financial adviser tomorrow, Peace!

    I believe the reason that more haven't posted is it is in the Hot Cases forum rather than in the Trials forum but this is just my opinion. In fact this is the first time I have seen that happen.

    The Conrad Murray case is very active on other sites. One of the top discussed cases.

    I haven't left the house in over a week but I must try to run errands for my hubby tomorrow. So I will also miss some of the testimony myself. I will probably be gone from 12-2 EST.

    Hopefully Talina will post her great synopsis of what has been said and when I get back I can get caught up.

    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  10. #220
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,379
    G'night, all you good WS'ers.


    Relaxed and smooth dreamland to you, ocean!


    A kiss goodnight to Dr S. from his WS groooopies!


    Rest your hard-keying fingers, Talina. Anutter big day tomorrow.


    To sleep, perchance to dream for us all! : : : : : : : : : :


    And so to bed....


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City


Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15


Similar Threads

  1. Conrad Murray Trial - Day Ten
    By Talina in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 02:57 PM
  2. Conrad Murray trial -Day nine.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 319
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
  3. Conrad Murray trial -Day eight.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 247
    Last Post: 10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
  4. Conrad Murray trial -Day seven.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 339
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 07:53 PM
  5. Conrad Murray trial -Day six.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 11:56 AM

Tags for this Thread