10-21-2011, 06:41 PM #1
SC- Charleston - BlkFem & Male (UP 9145 & 9287), Spoleto Festival, Apr'07 *RELIC*
These two NamUs cases appear to pertain to the same unidentified decedent.
NamUs UP Case 9145 https://identifyus.org/cases/9145
NamUs UP Case 9287 https://identifyus.org/cases/9287
Unidentified Black Female
* The remains were recovered on April 25, 2007 and May 16, 2007 from the grounds of the Spoleto Festival in Charleston South Carolina.
* Partial remains - very dry, skeletonized
* Estimated Age - 15 to 19 (in UP case 9145), 13 to 17 (in UP case 9287)
* Skeletal Findings - Porotic hyperostosis (i.e., a disease that causes bone tissue to appear spongy and become soft) on right parietal (i.e., temple), cribra orbitalia (a sieve-like lesion) on superior left orbit (i.e., the roof of the eye socket), bilateral periostitis (i.e. shin splints) on anterior tibial midshafts.
* Dental: Only five teeth and one root tip recovered from upper right quadrant.
* DNA: Sample Submitted - Tests Not Complete
Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-28-2013 at 01:44 AM.
10-21-2011, 06:42 PM #2
I found these two UID cases when looking for matches to Brittany Tenisha Robinson . Her NamUs casefile was just created recently.
Her age (14 at DLC), ethnicity (Black), LKA (Charleston, SC), are consistent with these unidentified remains.
However, the timeframe (10 months) might be somewhat short, as the postmortem interval is estimated as "years", and the bones were described as "very dry".
Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-11-2012 at 05:42 PM.
10-28-2011, 10:16 AM #3
Shin splints... maybe the UID was a runner.I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far. - Joe Walsh
By Rle7 in forum Recently Sentenced and BeyondReplies: 4Last Post: 03-11-2016, 01:50 AM
By Earthbound Misfit I in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 34Last Post: 09-29-2015, 04:27 PM
By capoly in forum The UnidentifiedReplies: 31Last Post: 02-27-2014, 01:44 PM
By CarlK90245 in forum Missing ArchivesReplies: 0Last Post: 11-29-2009, 01:32 AM