1223 users online (214 members and 1009 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 100
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,427

    Baby Lisa's Crib

    From day one, it has bothered me on how high up the mattress is in the crib. I happened to find a video today, while looking for something else and I found this video.

    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...97955#44997955

    The video shows two young children, probably near the age of Baby Lisa and how one of the children can get out of the crib.

    Note in this crib, the mattress is down all the way, and the child can still get out of the crib.

    Thoughts anyone?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,219
    When mommy was outside drinking her box of wine, the child was unattended and could have presumably climbed out of the bed. But where would she go? She couldn't even walk, she couldn't get far.
    Just my opinion

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,817
    I agree that she could have easily gotten out of the crib IF that was the level of the mattress at the time she was there. But all of the containers in the crib make me wonder if maybe LE moved things around, like the hight of the mattress, when they were looking for hair and fibers. ???
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,179
    I thought it was interesting that DB revealed this past week on Monday that she had placed Lisa in her crib at 6:40 and then had checked on her to see her standing in her crib.

    I think we need to check Lisa's height to the height of the highest mattress setting and the lowest. I think Lisa could possible get out.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Glasgow,Scotland UK
    Posts
    22,764
    do we know if lisa's door was closed once she was put to bed?
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.



    Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

    Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,219
    Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    I thought it was interesting that DB revealed this past week on Monday that she had placed Lisa in her crib at 6:40 and then had checked on her to see her standing in her crib.

    I think we need to check Lisa's height to the height of the highest mattress setting and the lowest. I think Lisa could possible get out.
    But even if she did, where would she go? Police searched all outside the house that very night. We are still stuck with the child disappearing.
    Just my opinion

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,219
    Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
    do we know if lisa's door was closed once she was put to bed?
    I believe DB claims she normally closes the door. But DB claimed a lot of things, as we all know.
    Just my opinion

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,817
    I saw that video on tv. Pretty cute video, but glad I never had twin boys. lol

    But watching it makes me even more certain that climbing out would probably not have killed her or injured her that badly. Both my kids eventually learned to flip themselves over and out of their cribs, and neither ever got hurt. We just had to move them to toddler beds.

    She may have gotten out by herself, and been unattended, and something bad happened. Was there a bathtub full of water left for the boys? Did she walk or just crawl? Did she fall down some stairs?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,720
    I think LE raised the crib mattress in order to see under it. The bedskirt is bunched up at one end, like it got caught in the raising/lowering.

    JMO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,219
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I saw that video on tv. Pretty cute video, but glad I never had twin boys. lol

    But watching it makes me even more certain that climbing out would probably not have killed her or injured her that badly. Both my kids eventually learned to flip themselves over and out of their cribs, and neither ever got hurt. We just had to move them to toddler beds.

    She may have gotten out by herself, and been unattended, and something bad happened. Was there a bathtub full of water left for the boys? Did she walk or just crawl? Did she fall down some stairs?
    Their house is one story, right? So no stairs. And I doubt that a fall from a crib is going to kill a child.
    Just my opinion


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,817
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    Their house is one story, right? So no stairs. And I doubt that a fall from a crib is going to kill a child.
    I thoiught someone said there was a basement.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    397
    Didn't they say that Lisa was about 30 inches tall?

    My daughter is 15 months, 32 inches and 23 lbs... She is in a toddler bed now, but when she was still in her crib (the mattress on the lowest setting) she would stand in there and the rail height was about chest level. If it had been set any higher, I swear it would have come to her waist...

    She's in a toddler bed, with rails, now because I would rather have her fall 5 inches to the ground than 3.5 feet if she climbed out of her crib...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,219
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    I thoiught someone said there was a basement.
    I don't think it's the basement in a true sense of what a basement is.
    Just my opinion

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,962
    What a cute video! One of my daughters used to climb out of her crib and would do it exactly like that. She would get one foot hooked up on top and then just free fall to the floor. I just don't think that Lisa could have gotten into anything if she was able to climb out of her crib, unless maybe if someone had left water in the bathtub from a bath and Lisa crawled and climbed over or toppled over into the water.
    My book, More Than Just A Pretty Face, about the unidentified photos of Rodney Alcala, will be published in 2017. Please visit and join my Facebook group to get all of the most recent information.





    https://www.facebook.com/groups/621913531276073/

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,179
    Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    But even if she did, where would she go? Police searched all outside the house that very night. We are still stuck with the child disappearing.
    I think if Lisa got out of the crib, in this scenario she could have fallen down the basement stairs by crawling to the top of the stairs. She could have drowned in a tub, drowned in the toilet. I really think if it was an accident, DB would have called 911 from anywhere possible. I don't think she would cover up an accident, even if she were charged with negligence. I think Lisa likely met a more violent end. JMO

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 02:23 PM
  2. Raccoons attack Georgia baby in her crib
    By Linda7NJ in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 11:23 PM
  3. Mom Finds Snake Coiled On Baby's Leg In Crib
    By vermontn03 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-11-2008, 07:55 PM
  4. Baby Crib Recall-Graco & Simplicity
    By gidget641 in forum Food, Drug & Product Recalls National & International
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 01:02 PM

Tags for this Thread