Mystery Man Surveillance

http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-surveillance-footage-mystery-man/story?id=14795844

Interesting. The defense attorney brings up some good points which adds to the mystery in this case in my opinion.

In video obtained exclusively by "Good Morning America," a man dressed in white is seen leaving a wooded area, at 2:30 a.m. the night of Lisa's disappearance.
From above link.
What wooded area? Where was he seen? And if it was related, where was the baby? Supposedly he was seen at around midnight, an African American man, with a baby only in a diaper, then on a surveillance camera at 2:30 am no baby or location mentioned, then again around 4:00 am, no description other then wearing a T shirt, with a baby that had no coat or blanket. Mighty brazen kidnapper to be hanging around so long.
I hope it is true and there is a chance that Lisa is alive but it makes no sense.

Not buyin' that it has anything to do with the case, all an attempt to muddy the waters and taint a jury pool. moo

I wonder where this video is from? A house ? A business?

Supposedly he was seen at around midnight, an African American man, with a baby only in a diaper, then on a surveillance camera at 2:30 am no baby or location mentioned, then again around 4:00 am, no description other then wearing a T shirt, with a baby that had no coat or blanket.
Are we sure the man was African American? I don't remember reading this before...

From above link.
What wooded area? Where was he seen? And if it was related, where was the baby? Supposedly he was seen at around midnight, an African American man, with a baby only in a diaper, then on a surveillance camera at 2:30 am no baby or location mentioned, then again around 4:00 am, no description other then wearing a T shirt, with a baby that had no coat or blanket. Mighty brazen kidnapper to be hanging around so long.
I hope it is true and there is a chance that Lisa is alive but it makes no sense.

I believe the reports that it was an African American man are not accurate. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I doubt this is related.

That said, I'm wondering if a local could help us pin down where the video is from. Looking at maps, from the rough placement on that video, my guess is the Surf N Go at NE Parvin & N Brighton.

If so, how does this fit with placement and timing of the dumpster fire?

The reporting is a bit stretching IMO.

It says that the surveillance video supports Lisa's parents' story that she was abducted from her home.

But from what I can tell from the video is that it establishes that there was somebody out and about walking, not carrying a baby as far as I can tell.

I'm not sure why I should think the fact that there was a pedestrian on the loose supports the claim that Lisa was abducted. I bet there are any number of pedestrians on any given night. Why is the walker more suspicious than the guy in the vehicle? He could have Lisa in his trunk.

Now if they have found some evidence of Lisa in that wooded area that's different.

I sure wish someone in their neighborhood had a surveillance camera set up on the street.

I doubt this is related.

That said, I'm wondering if a local could help us pin down where the video is from. Looking at maps, from the rough placement on that video, my guess is the Surf N Go at NE Parvin & N Brighton.

If so, how does this fit with placement and timing of the dumpster fire?

We are discussing this in other threads and it was said that it's 0,7 miles, 4-5 blocks from the dumpster fire.

IMO it seems like somebody went to great lengths to create reasonable doubt in this case. Deception abounds, and perhaps a morbid enjoyment in toying with LE.

I believe the reports that it was an African American man are not accurate. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I have no idea. The witnesses were specifically asked to describe the man with a baby and neither one of them (wife of the man who saw it at 12:15 or the motorcycle guy who saw it at 4:10) mentioned anything about race.

Are we sure the man was African American? I don't remember reading this before...

It came from this article which appears to be based on hearsay:

Although he had no clues, one neighbor reportedly told police about seeing an African-American individual carrying a baby up the street around midnight, only hours before Lisa, (whose birthday on Nov. 11 would now make her 11 months old) was reported missing.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/14/3208365/neighborhoods-trust-stability.html#ixzz1bcycsQkK

I have no idea. The witnesses were specifically asked to describe the man with a baby and neither one of them (wife of the man who saw it at 12:15 or the motorcycle guy who saw it at 4:10) mentioned anything about race.

I've heard it said that if a witness doesn't mention race, the person is probably of the same race. That being said, I wish the reporters interviewing these witnesses would have asked. Seems like an important detail when you're trying to describe someone. I'm sure LE knows, though.

I've heard it said that if a witness doesn't mention race, the person is probably of the same race. That being said, I wish the reporters interviewing these witnesses would have asked. Seems like an important detail when you're trying to describe someone. I'm sure LE knows, though.
One would think that, unless they were trying to be PC.

From OP article.

ABC News consultant and former FBI agent Brad Garrett said the timeline of events is strange.

"Are you going to logically abduct a child, let's say in the midnight area, then 2-4 hours later, you are spotted in the proximity of the neighborhood. I mean, that doesn't make any sense," he said. "It could be true, of course, but the logic of abducting a child is so you can take the child to some other location."

This sounds fishy.

Here's a map from a screenshot of this video:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/baby-lisa-irwin-surveillance-footage-mystery-man/story?id=14795844

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-23 at 1.46.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-23 at 1.46.09 PM.png
    401.2 KB · Views: 837
One would think that, unless they were trying to be PC.

IMO, mentioning that you saw an African American person isn't a problem, if that's what you saw. No more than saying you saw a Caucasian.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vconners
Back