932 users online (129 members and 803 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - Christa Helm, 27, West Hollywood, 12 Feb 1977

Tonight I watched a 48hours show about Christa Helm and actress that was killed in 1977. Murdered in the street.

Anybody here do any research or find any information other than that was on the show?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Whocanitbenow View Post
    Tonight I watched a 48hours show about Christa Helm and actress that was killed in 1977. Murdered in the street.

Anybody here do any research or find any information other than that was on the show?

Thanks!
    I believe her daughter has a website with quite a bit of info.
    Interesting case.She was really involved with quite a few celebrities and had quite few aquaintences in the seedier side of L.A. in the entertainment industry.
    Back in those coke fueled days of the mid to late 70's 'HollyWeird' truly lived up to its name I think one could truly consider her a high risk victim due to her lifestyle.
    If you happen to have access to the box set of season One of Starsky and Hutch or have access to Youtube she had a bit part as a Drive in waitress in an episode entitled 'Silence'.
    She waits on Paul Michael Glaser and David Soul who have to peel out in their Torino to answer a radio call leaving her holding their order.
    Really attractive lady.

She was indeed gorgeous. It was a crazy decade. Some people really got crazy. I did see enough to understand that one det. thought there was a link to Sal Mineo death and another has concerns about "Paulie Walnuts" don't remember his real name..

I just found it so fascinating all the players and the fact that no one has ever been charged.

Lots of twists.

Yeah besides the fact it was a stabbing death and a loose time proximity Im not real convinced there was a link with Mineo's murder.
    Of course considering some of the high powered Hollywood players she partied with and the Cocaine saturated millieu Christa inhabited I seem to remember their were rumours that she kept some sort of diary ala' Marilyn Monroe that might have provided a motive but who knows if that was true.
    Christa was also reportedly quite bisexual and there was some speculation that her assailant may not have been a man ,the manner in which she was killed,up close stabbing, often suggests a very personal motive for a killer.
    Given the time and the place and the police attitude of 'Too bad: live freaky die freaky' not to mention the Entertainment Biz influence in a very 'company' town im not surprised the investigation didnt get too far.
    But at the end of the day someone got away with a very brutal murder it would be nice if there was some kind of resolution or answer but its probably unlikely barring a death bed confession.
    Im sure there are probably quite a few folks who know what happened though.

The funny thinng about it was that this was West hollywood, a place where women are not routinely attacked. I think Christa knew too much about someone and they wanted her gone.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    The funny thinng about it was that this was West hollywood, a place where women are not routinely attacked. I think Christa knew too much about someone and they wanted her gone.
    Your right Scriptgirl.Ive never felt this was a random attack....I think she knew very well who killed her.

I also think she knew why she was killed

christa helm - DNA??

What ever happened to the female DNA they found under Christa's nails? The 2008 cold case show I saw only ruled out 2 women. Anything more recent???? No updates????? Verify that the woman they tracked down and tested was NOT same person and find the right person to test against the DNA....???!!!
    Come on now!
    Frustrating! I feel for her daughter's frustration! ( Don't give up hope Nicole!)
    Last edited by Sleuthdog; 05-22-2013 at 05:34 AM. Reason: typo

Seems like something is still being covered up.

the new online crimeblog from lamag has this about Christa:
    http://www.lamag.com/crimeinla

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Was Lionel Williams, the killer of Sal Mineo, ever excluded?
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

I thought no one knew who killed Sal.

No, the case was solved a while back, though a long time after the murder. I'll see if I can find an online story about it. I don't trust my memory.
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by scriptgirl View Post
    I thought no one knew who killed Sal.
    Here you go.
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/notoriou...l_mineo/6.html
    If coincidence never happened, there wouldn't be a word for it.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast