GPS shoes for Alzheimer's patients to hit US

Along these lines, I would like a set of GPS tires for my car, for when I lose it in WalMart's parking lot.

Lol, there's an app for that! I use it all the time on my phone.

I gave up my smart phone, and reverted back to the dumb one. :( (Saving money, saving money!) Sigh. I miss Gas Buddy. And now, this app you're telling me about, that I never knew about!

I gave up my smart phone, and reverted back to the dumb one. :( (Saving money, saving money!) Sigh. I miss Gas Buddy. And now, this app you're telling me about, that I never knew about!

Awww, I would probably have a break down if they took away my Droid. I always lose my car and the app Find My Car has saved me from wandering aimlessly through mall parking lots;) Hope you get your other phone back soon!

Along these lines, I would like a set of GPS tires for my car, for when I lose it in WalMart's parking lot.

Just hit the panic button on your car key...your alarm will sound and you can find your car. I've instructed many people wondering through the parking lot to do it and it works. I've even done it myself in the mall parking lot...fortunately I remembered which store I had entered through and I was on the correct side of the mall. Hope this helps.

Just hit the panic button on your car key...your alarm will sound and you can find your car. I've instructed many people wondering through the parking lot to do it and it works. I've even done it myself in the mall parking lot...fortunately I remembered which store I had entered through and I was on the correct side of the mall. Hope this helps.

From experience I can definately state that being on the right side of the mall is mandatory. Must be the blonde in me :giggle:

This is a truly cool idea for these patients :)

Awww, I would probably have a break down if they took away my Droid. I always lose my car and the app Find My Car has saved me from wandering aimlessly through mall parking lots;) Hope you get your other phone back soon!

I have never heard about this before (although I'm switching to the Iphone next week, I can hardly wait....upgrade here I come)...it's all about the camera and memory space ;)

The first shoes with built-in GPS devices -- to help track down dementia-suffering seniors who wander off and get lost -- are set to hit the US market this month, the manufacturer says.

http://news.yahoo.com/gps-shoes-alzheimers-patients-hit-us-105856809.html

I can't give up my very part time (now just back up) receptionist job at an assisted living facility. I really do love it there! Most of the residents are fine, and many can still drive. But there are some that you don't think would be able to get far but manage to go back "home". This could really be useful. (As long as they don't know what it is. Even the alarm bracelets that tell us when they leave the building end up in strange locations because they get so annoyed!)

Even for disabled people who are semi-independent, what a relief for caregivers to know they could find them or when they stop.

This is so wonderful... it will save a lot of anxiety for family and friends, and money for LE who are often out searching for lost Alzheimer's patients. I can't tell you how many helicopters have been over my home announcing the clothing of a last seen patient (there are a number of "homes" in the vicinity).

I think we'll see a lot more of this as it gets less expensive-- if I were a hiker, I invest right away, why not?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back