1389 users online (260 members and 1129 guests)  

Websleuths News

Up to 20 million tons of debris from Japanís tsunami moving toward Hawaii, U.S.

Some 5 to 20 million tons of debris--furniture, fishing boats, refrigerators--sucked into the Pacific Ocean in the ake of Japan's March 11 earthquake and tsunami are moving rapidly across the Pacific. Researchers from the University of Hawaii tracking the wreckage estimate it could approach the U.S. West Coast in the next three years, the UK Daily Mail reports.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/20...143640503.html

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    gosh I hadn't even thought about all the debris still in the ocean ...

Doesn't it just sink and stay on the bottom? Does it move across the ocean floor? If it is floating why would it take three years?

The disaster that keeps on giving... I just hope it not radioactive, if it's not, that will be half the fight. imo

Quote Originally Posted by sunflowerchick View Post
    Doesn't it just sink and stay on the bottom? Does it move across the ocean floor? If it is floating why would it take three years?
    I believe they're talking about "floating" things (one of the items they picked up was a fishing boat) and it would take approximately three years because it's moving with the current / tide.

Remember when the tsunami hit and the west coast got it's back lash? Now it's going to get it's debris over the next few years or so.

ďOnce you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.Ē Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Why can't they send salvage ships to pick it up. Anything that can be recycled could be sold to help finance the mission.

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Last edited by KateB; 06-15-2015 at 09:22 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

I heard on Good Morning America, the debris is "twice the size of Texas". Wow!!!!
    All comments are my opinion or observations only.