Could you, really....

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Jacy

Reaction score
Could you really go out and have your hair cut, lightened and styled while your precious child was missing?? Who does that? Why do they do that? Who cares what the hell DB looks like? Maybe it's me, maybe I have my priorities all wrong, yet I don't think so.....

I don't know. I've never had my child missing for so long. I can't even begin to comprehend what I would and wouldn't do.

ETA- I didn't mean that in a snarky manner, if it sounded that way. I sincerely can't comprehend it... I can't even imagine how it would feel. It's a terrifying thought.

Could you really go out and have your hair cut, lightened and styled while your precious child was missing?? Who does that? Why do they do that? Who cares what the hell DB looks like? Maybe it's me, maybe I have my priorities all wrong, yet I don't think so.....

See the Hailey Dunn case the mother did. Billie Dunn.
Maybe, the attorney advises them too because of the media coverage? seems crazy to me too.

Just speaking for ME:

I'd probably have to be forced to shower, much less visit a salon........

I got a whole new "do" just weeks after my husband died. Cut, color, perm. I was a young widow (21). My MIL's hairdresser donated his services. He thought the "pampering" might help make me feel better. It seemed rude to rebuff his offer, so I went ahead with it.

FWIW.

I don't know. Women do all sorts of things to change their appearance that I don't understand. I'm a man so maybe its just me.

I got a whole new "do" just weeks after my husband died. Cut, color, perm. I was a young widow (21). My MIL's hairdresser donated his services. He thought the "pampering" might help make me feel better. It seemed rude to rebuff his offer, so I went ahead with it.

FWIW.

Yes, but your husband died, he was not MISSING. I think it would have been different if he had been kidnapped and you were waiting to see what happened.

I think I would be doped up on anti depressants and someone would have to force me out of bed to eat and shower. I definitely wouldn't be in any salon.

I am fortunate that I have not been in this situation. But I can totally see me insisting and dragging my loved one to a salon (or an appointment at home) to give her some much needed pampering and personal attention.

Kyron Horman's bio mom, who literally no one suspects (nor should they) looked frumpy when he went missing and then became pretty hot looking in the weeks after. Beautiful hair, nice makeup, dressed flatteringly, etc. The first couple days, she looked nothing like that.

I don't think it indicates anything except being in kind of auto-drive - I'm going to be in front of the media again, and my guess is media is helping out with appearances. Makes the story more marketable.

I don't think it means anything. That mother in Canada whose daughter was caught on public video walking away with a woman who turned out to be an acquintance had the same thing happen. She suddenly was dressing better and doing her hair better. Turns out the mom had nothing to do with the disappearance of her beloved daughter.

I am fortunate that I have not been in this situation. But I can totally see me insisting and dragging my loved one to a salon (or an appointment at home) to give her some much needed pampering and personal attention.

I totally agree.

When you look good, you feel good, anything to lift your spirits, even if it's very little is something to help during this very traumatic time.

H*ll no..even if it was a friends child..I would be too busy making flyers and taping them up. I cant imagine anyone I know missing..but a small child..I would be busy trying to find any clue ..working hard to find the baby...IMO

personally, i am with those who would have to be forced to so much as shower. essentially, it would be like trying to live life with half a heart.

even so, i can imagine that those around me, concerned for my well-being, trying to prepare me for the possible fact that my child may be gone forever, would do everything they could think of to get me out. i can even see them making an appointment at a salon and dragging me out of the house no matter how zombie-like i was at the time.

i just heard about this so for all i know DB made her own appt and went happily........in my world, that would never, ever, ever happen. frankly, whatever energies i could muster would be spent begging for the return of my child. and i would look like shee-yot, and i would not care!

Personally i wouldn't,i'd be focused on banging LE's door down, handing out flyers etc. definitely wouldn't be spending my time getting my hair done.

JMO

When my son was dying, sometimes at night when I'd look in the mirror I didn't recognize myself. Normally, I keep a routine of makeup...hair styling every morning, but during that time, just brushing my hair seemed useless, or at best a necessary chore, my looks were the last thing on my mind. Everyone is different, but when your focus is on someone else you aren't thinking about what you look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member