TX - Police Searching For Serial Rapist Who Targets Sorority Alumni, Dallas, 2011

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
Investigators from three North Texas police departments are searching for a serial rapist who has attacked four alumnae of the same sorority.

All four of the victims are black women in their 50s and 60s who are members of Delta Sigma Theta and were alone in their homes when the attacks took place, police said.

Two women were assaulted in Plano, one in Coppell and one in Shady Shores.

The attacker indicated that he knew information about the victims, leading investigators to believe they are looking for one man in the four cases.

Sorority alumnae commonly have license plates and hats, jackets or shirts adorned in the sorority's red and white colors. Investigators have warned Deltas that they should not advertise their affiliation until the man is caught.

A person of interest was caught on camera following an attack in Plano in April. On Friday, Plano police released the surveillance video.

The man being sought by police is black and in his late 30s to mid-40s. He stands between 5 feet 7 inches tall and 6 feet tall and weighs between 250 and 300 pounds. He has a heavy build with a possible thin, well-trimmed beard. His hair is short, and he may be balding or have a receding hairline.

Snipped: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45021819/ns/local_news-dallas_fort_worth_tx/ (Surveillance video at link)

Watching this on JVM now. I really hope that they are right and they get this guy soon!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/31/u...ership.html?_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha23

Excerpts:

On the advice of police officials, the national president of the sorority, Cynthia M. A. Butler-McIntyre, advised members in the Dallas area to remove Delta Sigma Theta stickers, signs and objects from their homes, offices and cars; to refrain from wearing clothing or accessories with the sorority logo; and to remove personal information and day-to-day whereabouts from Facebook and other social media.

“Since receiving news of these incidents, our primary concern has been the safety of our members,” Ms. Butler-McIntyre said in a statement.

Thousands of Delta Sigma Theta members live in the area, and many are lawyers, business executives, journalists, doctors, educators and elected officials.
-------

Plano police officials forwarded the addresses of sorority members living in the area to other law enforcement agencies, which have increased patrols outside members’ homes.

“The officers that are on the streets are aware of where the addresses are, and they are doing extra patrol to make sure they’re going by their houses and being extra alert, to see about any suspicious activity, any suspicious vehicles,” said Officer David Tilley, a spokesman for the Plano Police Department.

He said investigators do not yet know what sort of vendetta the man might have against the sorority, or even if he has one. “We don’t know if the reasons for his attacks on these females that belong to this particular sorority are as a result of anger or infatuation,” he said.

These poor ladies!! Terrifying that he's still out there. Some questions/observations:

1) In the surveillance photo, does it look to anyone else like he could have glasses? I thought so, but the victims probably would have noted that in their descriptions.

2) WHERE and when was the shot taken?? Hellooo, police? That would be helpful!

3) How does he normally get into the homes? I can't imagine 4 educated women in a suburban setting would leave their doors unlocked between 9pm and 4am.

Could he work at the university (thus having access to their addresses)?

Maybe he's acting out revenge for something the sorority did to his mother in the past?

Really frightening stuff!

This is so bizarre. These poor ladies, having to live in fear that someone is watching them, stalking them, plans on making them the next victim. Craziness.

My own initial thought and probably completely wrong at that is: A young man given up for adoption who has a deepseated rage and blames his birth mother for all his life's woes. Somehow or other he believes his bio mom is an alum. Unable to pin down exactly who is his mother in order to exact his hateful revenge, he is taking out his rage on random sisters with these rapes.

Or some other personal reasoning is behind this. This is very personal to the perp. That is why the targetting is so specific.

These poor ladies!! Terrifying that he's still out there. Some questions/observations:

1) In the surveillance photo, does it look to anyone else like he could have glasses? I thought so, but the victims probably would have noted that in their descriptions.

2) WHERE and when was the shot taken?? Hellooo, police? That would be helpful!

3) How does he normally get into the homes? I can't imagine 4 educated women in a suburban setting would leave their doors unlocked between 9pm and 4am.

Could he work at the university (thus having access to their addresses)?

Maybe he's acting out revenge for something the sorority did to his mother in the past?

Really frightening stuff!

All good questions, reen..I also thought he had on glasses but since that was not in the victims' description, I thought maybe it was a reflection of something. But if he does wear glasses he could have taken them off during the attacks to keep from being identified.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back