1370 users online (315 members and 1055 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

FL - David Ferguson, 19, Jacksonville, 2004

UF Student Disappears In Jacksonville

POSTED: 3:54 pm EST November 1, 2004

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Frantic parents searched for their son Monday, a college student they say never made it to the Florida-Georgia football game.

David Roy Ferguson, a sophomore at the University of Florida, reportedly went missing the night before the big football game in Jacksonville.

Now, Ferguson's parents are printing fliers of their 19-year-old son and posting them throughout the city. They started where they say he was last seen -- at the Jacksonville Landing.

"His cell phone mailbox is full, we can't reach him. None of his friends have seen him since early Saturday morning," said Ferguson's father, also David.

Ferguson and his best friends drove up from Gainesville for the game, but they got separated the night before, and his parents said no one has seen him since.

Part of the concern is that Ferguson's car is still parked in a downtown Jacksonville parking garage between Forsyth and Adam streets. There's a note from his friends on the windshield and his wallet is still inside.

"He missed the game. Usually he calls us," said Ferguson's mother. "His father went to Florida and they usually share moments of the game. But he never called."

"Getting home 40 minutes late is the most we've ever experienced from him," said his father.

Ferguson didn't show up Sunday to drive his friends back to school, which his parents said is not like him.

He was last seen wearing a blue-and-white pinstripe polo shirt with brown shorts and sandals.

Anyone who has seen David Ferguson or knows where he is should call the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office at (904) 630-0500.

Link with Photo:
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/3880397/detail.html

this is close to home and i hope this young man is found safely soon!! Gatormom's son attends this school and may know this student. i have friends on JSO and will keep up with this and check into it for whatever they know.

How horrible. Prayers for this young man!!

I have a very real sick feeling that this will not have a happy ending. So sad. May God be with him.
    Karen

Hello Auntie Karen, how are you? i don't have that sick gut feeling yet. the Landing where he was last seen is a busy popular safe place of bars and restaurants and lots of young people as well as tourists, a very nice area on the waterfront. not a bad druggie and crime area. i have HOPES he met some young lady and went off for an evening.

Quote Originally Posted by deputylinda
    Hello Auntie Karen, how are you? i don't have that sick gut feeling yet. the Landing where he was last seen is a busy popular safe place of bars and restaurants and lots of young people as well as tourists, a very nice area on the waterfront. not a bad druggie and crime area. i have HOPES he met some young lady and went off for an evening.
    DP--
    I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong. I guess I'm just so jaded. I'm OK, thanks for asking. Hope you are well as well!
    Karen

Quote Originally Posted by AuntieKaren
    DP--
    I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong. I guess I'm just so jaded. I'm OK, thanks for asking. Hope you are well as well!
    Karen
    you know i am pretty jaded as well..but i am trying to keep the good thought. i do have a call in to JSO buddy to get insider thoughts. and Englishleigh, i emailed you, but check your junk mail since i am a new addy.

i mean, something about this doesnt make sense...his friends havent seen him since they went out friday night but didn't do anything about it until sunday? now i understand this is a hot game and all but i still....

Sandy Springs teen missing in Jacksonville

By MIKE MORRIS
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 11/02/04

Christina and David Ferguson of Sandy Springs are spending this week in Florida, living a parent's worst nightmare as they search for a son who disappeared after a night of partying.

David Roy Ferguson— called Davey by his family — is a sophomore psychology major at the University of Florida. Last Friday, he loaded two roommates into his car and drove the 75 miles from Gainesville, Fla., to Jacksonville for the annual Georgia-Florida football weekend.

The 19-year-old was last seen early Saturday, partying with friends at the Jacksonville Landing, a complex of bars and restaurants along the St. Johns River.

Detective Dennis Fuentez of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said Ferguson, his roommate and another friend parked in a deck near the Landing, but got separated in the crowd later in the night, Fuentez said.

Fuentez said the others returned to Ferguson's Honda Civic, and "spent the night in his car waiting for him to come back, but he never showed back up."

Later Saturday, the friends contacted Ferguson's parents, to see if he had contacted them. That wasn't the case, Fuentez said.

Christina Ferguson said her son, a 2003 graduate of North Springs High School, has always checked in regularly with her and her husband, a teacher at Mimosa Elementary School in Roswell.

"He's been very good; he calls us every Sunday," she said. "He knows we worry."

This past Sunday, he didn't make his weekly call.

"The last thing we know is he made a phone call to his roommate at 1:24 Saturday morning," she said. But now, she said, "his mailbox is full and the cellphone is off."

The teen's wallet was found inside his Civic, which Christina Ferguson said is "the car he went to kindergarten in."

Fuentez did not know whether Ferguson went to Saturday's football game at Alltel Stadium.

"Most of the students show up just for the partying," he said. "It was hectic; I'm surprised we don't have more of these kind of cases."

Christina Ferguson said that last year, her son went to Jacksonville without a ticket, but was able to buy a ticket outside the stadium, and she believes that was his plan on Saturday.

"We're interested in finding out if any of his Georgia friends saw him," she said.

Fuentez said investigators are reviewing surveillance tapes from Landing-area businesses for any clues to the teen's whereabouts, but have found nothing to indicate foul play.

"We're also checking the waterways," Fuentez said.

"The Landing is right on the river," he said. "We don't have any evidence that he fell in, but we're definitely going to have our marine units and helicopter units be on the lookout, just in case."

Christina Ferguson said that although there is no indication that her son might have fallen into the river, "we've very, very scared about that."
    http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met...02missing.html

Wondering...

Hmmm...how many roommates did he have, and what did he say to the one he phoned? How did the friends get into the car to sleep? Did they have his car keys? His wallet--being in the car. Double hmmm..... did he have a fake ID for partying? Has anyone checked local hospitals for a person admitted who has no known relatives/visitors? Seems like a fake ID thing, or perhaps he did fall into the river. I don't think it's just that he met some girl. Hope this family gets some good news soon. Not sounding good, though. Something seems really, really off here. Especially not phoning home to talk to his Dad about football. What a fine looking young man. Praying for the best! Someone please keep us updated!

i agree...the friends definately need ot come up with some more details it sounds like to me. i was talking to my mom on the phone yesterday who lives in amelia island (half hour north of jacksonville) and she had not heard anything about it. the media needs to get his face out there for someone to find him!

Body Found; May Be Missing UF Student

I just found this online after searching David's name to see if there was any new news. Hopefully it's not him, but it doesn't look good. Prayers for him and his family.

BREAKING NEWS: Body Found; May Be Missing UF Student

POSTED: 4:16 pm EST November 3, 2004

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Homicide detectives found the body of a white male Wednesday afternoon -- possibly the University of Florida student who's been missing since Sunday.

David Ferguson

Sophomore David Ferguson was last seen at The Landing on Saturday -- the night before the Georgia-Florida game.

Investigators said Ferguson and his friends came up from Gainesville for the game, but somehow got separated while partying downtown.

The body was discovered at about 2 p.m., in a narrow alley between an abandoned building and the Forsyth Street parking garage where Ferguson's car was parked.

Detectives were still investigating the scene Wednesday, and said the victim might not be identified until Thursday.

Police said the body was in "close proximity" to Ferguson's car.

When asked why the body wasn't discovered sooner, police said it's not clear at this point. However, police said the area where the body was located couldn't be seen from the street.

According to friends, Ferguson was intoxicated when they last saw him.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/3887935/detail.html

OMG.................those poor parents. Poor boy.
    I'm guessing they're pretty sure it's him!

God Bless the family to get through this.
    xxxxxxxxxooooooo
    mama

How sad!!!! Prayers for his family. I'm sure it is him.

So sad, prayers for his family. Sure wish this one had a different outcome.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast