A jury trial... over dog poop

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
This is in our neck of the woods. This seems like it may also be part of an ongoing rift between two neighbors. However, what surprised me the most? PooPrints. They actually take the DNA of dogs in a neighborhood/complex, then match it to poop left behind...

Fairfax neighbors head to court over unscooped dog poop

Did Baxter leave his business on Greenwood Court?

A dispute between neighbors in Fairfax County over that perennial suburban pet peeve — unscooped dog poop — has grown so big that the case is set to go to a jury Tuesday.

(snip)

PooPrints works like this: All the dogs in a complex or neighborhood are given a cheek swab to gather their DNA. When a mess is not cleaned up, the property manager sends a sample of the offending poop to PooPrints to match its DNA against the swab database.

(snip)

But one not without controversy. The board of Scarlett Place, a luxury waterfront condominium in Baltimore, abandoned the idea of using PooPrints last year after residents rebelled. One told the Baltimore Sun that the plan was ridiculous and that he felt as if he were “living in a ‘Seinfeld’ episode.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...ped-dog-poop/2011/10/19/gIQAPCRkDM_story.html

While this is extreme I understand the frustration. I had a neighbor who would open his garage door to let his little dog out to do his business on other peoples lawns, then call the dog home. After watching this happen several times I let him know the next poo that ended up in my yard would find it's way back to him. Just plain inconsiderate.

While this is extreme I understand the frustration. I had a neighbor who would open his garage door to let his little dog out to do his business on other peoples lawns, then call the dog home. After watching this happen several times I let him know the next poo that ended up in my yard would find it's way back to him. Just plain inconsiderate.

BBM

Leave it on his front doorstep, no bag, with a little note that says "This ended up in my yard. And as a responsible property owner, I felt that you would probably want your property back."

Second violation, left in the drivers floorboard of his car, with a note that says "it's not fun to step in the dog's little surprises is it?"

As far as the jury trial, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just hire someone to do poop patrol?

BBM

Leave it on his front doorstep, no bag, with a little note that says "This ended up in my yard. And as a responsible property owner, I felt that you would probably want your property back."

Second violation, left in the drivers floorboard of his car, with a note that says "it's not fun to step in the dog's little surprises is it?"

As far as the jury trial, wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just hire someone to do poop patrol?

After I confronted him I never saw him do it again. Turned out other neighbors were on to him sooner but never said a word. Sometimes having a big mouth does come in handy!

I love your response. I was thinking a pile on the doorstep and ringing the doorbell :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back