1106 users online (272 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

SC - Four Hendricks family members murdered, Liberty, 14 Oct 2011

A Pickens County woman shot and killed her two sons, her ex-husband and her stepmother, then tried to make it look like her son was the killer to collect life insurance policies on all the victims, authorities said Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/25...#ixzz1boellGIL

She killed another man in 2006. That shooting was ruled self-defense.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/arti...l-sheriff-says

The home at 236 Pinedale Road was the scene of a fatal shooting on April 13, 2006, according to a sheriff’s report. Doyle O’Brian Teague, 39, of 133 Pinedale Road, was shot and killed there.

Morgan said the current occupant of the home, Susan Hendricks, identified by relatives as Burns’ stepdaughter, also lived there at the time of the 2006 shooting.

Susan Hendricks told investigators in 2006 that she was headed out the front door to take food to neighbors when Teague “stepped inside her residence without her permission,” according to the sheriff’s report.

More on the 2006 shooting:

http://www.wistv.com/global/story.asp?s=4772357

A deputy found 39-year-old Doyle O'Brian Teague shot to death Thursday on the floor of 42-year-old Susan Hendricks' home. According to a sheriff's department incident report, Hendricks told the deputy that Teague had stepped inside her home without permission.

The deputy says in his report that Hendricks was on the porch with a revolver when he arrived at her house. The report says four spent rounds and one live round were found in the cylinder of the gun.

You can legally shoot someone because they step inside your home without permission? I thought you had to be in fear of your life? Or backed into a corner with no other way out?

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    You can legally shoot someone because they step inside your home without permission? I thought you had to be in fear of your life? Or backed into a corner with no other way out?
    Not necessarily. It depends on the state.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    This is South Carolina. I've seen instances where the 'perp' isn't even in the house and it's called justified. How about this; Property owner claims the 'perp' is acting crazy, threatening people. Property owner goes OUTSIDE on the front porch, confronts the crazy acting perp, and then shoots the crazy acting perp dead...who is also the property owners own son. Justified, no charges filed. This is the kind of crazy ***** that goes on down here.

No one believed, when Hendricks killed Teague, that it was anything other than murder...well, no one but LE....apparently. Quite a bit of what goes on around here with respect to LE leaves you going

"I am only one; but still I am one. I cannot do everything; but I still can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do." ~Helen Keller~

Sometimes a man can meet his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.

Susan Hendricks pleaded guilty Friday to four counts of murder in the shooting deaths in October 2011.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/26...#ixzz2RbruJeEg

Woman who killed family gets four life sentences
    By Mike Ellis
    Posted April 26, 2013 at 3:46 p.m., updated April 26, 2013 at 4:23 p.m.

http://www.independentmail.com/news/...ife-sentences/