GUILTY CA - Joshua Robey for attempted murder of infant, Anaheim, 2011

LCoastMom

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE MARIE - STILL WAITING
Reaction score
California father Joshua Allen Robey seen trying to strangle infant son on hidden camera footage

LOS ANGELES - A Southern California man was caught by a hidden camera attempting to kill his 2-month-old son with a blanket fashioned as a noose, prosecutors said.

Joshua Allen Robey, 24, is behind bars and due for arraignment Nov. 9 on one felony county each of attempted murder, torture and child abuse.

According to the Orange County District Attorney, Robey went to his girlfriend's house last Tuesday to babysit their infant son.

He didn't know his girlfriend had set up a spy camera in the home because she suspected he was cheating on her there - but what the footage revealed was far worse than two-timing.

The shocking footage shows the transient dad wrapping a blanket around the baby's neck, picking him up by lifting the ends of the blanket "like a noose," and swinging the helpless infant around for more than a minute, prosecutors said.

Robey then laid the baby back down on the bed and punched him several times in the chest with closed fists, prosecutors said.

The baby was hospitalized. Prosecutors did not reveal the extent of his injuries.

If convicted, Robey faces a maximum sentence of 15 years to life in state prison.

More at link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/10/24/2011-10-24_california_father_joshua_allen_robey_seen_trying_to_strangle_infant_son_on_hidde.html#ixzz1boTlgr54

The evil that walks among us passing as human...

alg_mug_joshua-allen-robey.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/10/24/2011-10-24_california_father_joshua_allen_robey_seen_trying_to_strangle_infant_son_on_hidde.html#ixzz1boTlgr54

The perp.

WOW....so glad she caught him on tape.

Robey was arrested at a Santa Ana motel.

The baby remains in the hospital with undisclosed injuries, the OCDA says.

His father was scheduled to be arraigned today on one felony count each of attempted murder, torture, and child abuse with a sentencing enhancement for causing great bodily injury to a child under 5 years old. Prosecutors say they will seek bail of $1 million.

<<Dated Fri. Oct 21st>>

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2011/10/joshua_allen_robey_baby_abuse.php

I'm sure we'll be hearing about the perps issues here, sooner or later. I can't stand it. Just. Can't. Stand. It.

I have to wonder if the mom had ANY clue that he would abuse his own child, though.

Maybe not and I'm not ''blaming'' her, but the bottom line is we are responsible for who we leave our children with, even their other parent if that person has issues and I'm betting he does. Be it drugs, alcohol, violence, I'll bet there was something there.

I'm glad she caught him before this baby was found dead (or missing), I'm also glad that her mother took the baby to the ER where the police were called.

The shocking footage shows the transient dad wrapping a blanket around the baby's neck, picking him up by lifting the ends of the blanket "like a noose," and swinging the helpless infant around for more than a minute, prosecutors said.

Robey then laid the baby back down on the bed and punched him several times in the chest with closed fists, prosecutors said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...rangle_infant_son_on_hidde.html#ixzz1boTlgr54

and more

The horrifying attack continued when Robey, who had been living with the girlfriend until moving to a motel three weeks prior, grabbed the child by the throat with both hands, lifted him in the air, and violently shook him, prosecutors said.

This man is just pure evil. HIs cheating ways are the least of this mother's problems.

It's difficult for me to even type this, but would you really have to work this hard if you wanted to kill a 2 month old baby? I mean, they are tiny and helpless and....ugh I feel sick to my stomach just saying these things! How does someone actually physically do them, I will never understand. And to his own baby!

Sorry...my point was that it seems to me that he was enjoying the actual torture he was inflicting on his son, and not that he was actually attempting to murder him. I don't know that much about attempted murder but does there need to be intent for that charge to stick? Don't get me wrong, I hope it DOES stick. He could have very easily killed that poor child.

This sounds more like someone who tortures for the thrill of it than someone who just lacks impulse control to me. Making a noose out of the baby blanket and swinging the baby around FOR MORE THAN A MINUTE...I wonder what facial expressions and body language this "father" shows on this video while he's hurting his son. I wonder if it really was frustration and anger, or if it was something even more sinister than that. What a twisted waste of space and oxygen he is.

It's not just in our homes. Our children are hurt at school, in sports, at friends' and relatives' homes, while at scouts, at church. And sadly, it's always happened as there have always been sick people and vulnerable and innocent children.

I'm starting to think that children need to be fitted with a tiny spy camera!!

I wish they would report how this little baby boy is doing.

And I wish his worthless sperm donor would suddenly stop breathing forevermore.

Our "little Bean" is only 4 1/2 months old. I have been trying to start her on cereal and it gives her a tummy ache. Every time I try it she will cry in pain for about an hour. It breaks my heart to just hold her while she screams into my neck. Even our 2 year old Lab will try to comfort her &#8211; when it gets to the point that I have to put her down and walk away for a minute I find the dogs favorite toys in her bouncy seat when I go back to pick her up.
I don&#8217;t understand how my dog has more compassion than some people.

Can someone please tell me what on God's great green earth would make anyone let alone a father torture a helpless, little baby boy?

I hope this rotten sits on a tack or worse.

I have a two and a half month old. His dad was very hesitant to change him, change his clothes, even pick him up when we brought him home because he was less than six pounds and he was afraid he would break him. He's gotten a little more comfortable over time, but still prefers that I change his clothes. I read him the article. He was not pleased. The more time I spend around a good guy that would kill, die, suffer, and sacrifice, not only for his kids, but for mine as well, it just makes me wonder more how anyone can do something like this.

I look at my son, and even though he is smaller than your average two month old, that doesn't change the fact that you don't have to try very hard to kill a person that small. I don't know if I really believe that he was trying to kill him, as much as he was trying to torture him. (Both are equally bad, in my eyes.) I just don't get it. I won't ever get it, even if I have it explained to me a million times.

August 2013:

Jurors wept with their hands over their mouths and shook their heads in horror Thursday as they watched a videotape showing a father violently punch, strangle and hang his 2-month-old son from a noose-like nursing blanket...

Her intuition resulted in catching Robey beating, strangling, hanging and swinging their son from a nursing blanket and placing five pieces of tape over the baby's nose and mouth. Ponce said she learned what the hidden camera captured when she returned home a few hours later...

The seven men and five women of the jury also found it difficult to watch the 55-minute video in its entirety. It included Robey yelling "boo" in the baby's face as he lay on the bed, and attacking his infant son by smashing his face into a pillow...

Ponce said after Robey found out he was videotaped, he begged her to delete the footage, started crying and tried to kill himself by attempting to take pills and hang himself with a string from a pair of jogging pants. Ponce said she stopped Robey from taking his life, and asked him to leave...

Ponce slid the video under her mom's door and left with a friend to talk. When she returned home, she went to sleep and the next morning took her baby to the hospital.

The baby suffered fractured ribs, bleeds to the brain and liver injuries, according to Daphne Wong, a pediatrician at Children's Hospital of Orange County, who treated him after the assault. Today Ponce said her son is a toddler and shows symptoms of the abuse he suffered at his father's hands.
http://patch.com/california/newportbeach/video-tape-showing-oc-dad-torture-baby-makes-jurors-cry

Joshua Allen Robey, 26, was found guilty of one felony count each of attempted murder with premeditation and deliberation, torture and child abuse with a sentencing enhancement for causing great bodily injury to a child under 5 years old...

During one point, the child began to cry and Robey covered the victim&#8217;s mouth with his hand, grabbed him by the neck, and shook him in the air.

Prosecutors also presented evidence at trial that Robey attempted to suffocate his son by covering the victim&#8217;s face with a blanket and covering the baby&#8217;s mouth with his hand for several seconds. He also covered the victim&#8217;s nose and mouth with tape to suffocate the baby.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-father-kill-baby-son-convicted-20130820-story.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back