924 users online (180 members and 744 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VIDEO - Ground view perspective from local WS user

I drove to the Irwin-Bradley neighborhood today and shot some video. I started near the apartment complex where the dumpster fire was, then by the residence, then to end of street where LE has searched three times (34th & Brighton). Many WS users here have asked how long it would take to get to the dumpster in a vehicle, this should sum it up for you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuXiLkJ1jr4"][/ame]
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-22-2016 at 11:41 PM. Reason: broken link

Nice work!

I was hoping you were going to keep going right to the river. I'm curious what it would like like walking from Brighton to a river bank, and how that river looks.

Thanks again.

Thank you, cute accent

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Thank you!!! Very helpful! I was surprised at how little activity was around the area but then I realized that my baseline is the Anthony neighborhood so that's like comparing the county fair to the Cirque du Soleil.

Thanks for this! I've been thinking of doing the same thing. We spent Sunday down near the river and I just had this foreboding feeling. I think, because we live near this that it offers a perspective that others who are unfamiliar with the area don't have. That river is so very close. If you want any footage, please feel free to ask. I can try to check it out too.

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Quote Originally Posted by darnudes View Post
    Thank you, cute accent
    I couldn't figure out what accent you meant and then I saw your location! LOL I guess he does have an accent to you!

Thank you very much! It's nice to see the area first hand vs. what I have pictured in my mind.

Mel

But there are even easier ways to walk!

Wink

You want the river? Here's the long version of the video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVTrODkCW0"]Irwin neighborhood - YouTube[/ame]

IndepMo, I noticed on your theory (which makes very good practical sense BTW.) that you have presented a detailed map. Do you think you would have time to update that to where you know there have been searches - especially by the river? Or is this too much to ask? Thanks!

Something I noticed when I stepped out of my vehicle and around the corner of the woods where there was a small gravel road was all of the amounts of trash in the woods. It looked like a popular dumping ground for the neighborhood. Paint cans, childs swimming pool, and just a bunch of junk. No trash bags that I could see, just a lot of trash. It's very grown up and a lot of trees, and within the trees there is a very large gully. WHen it rains (or the river is up), this are retains water. I didnt go into the woods, but I walked up furth east to the edge where there was a clearing and there was some water in there.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/?ll=39.152136,-94.520836&spn=0.001477,0.001714&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6"]Google Maps[/ame]

This has been an area of interest to me for quite some time, it's close to home to hurry there and hurry back to try to go undetected at wee hours of the morning.

I don't think I would have been able to stop myself from going into those woods and looking around. I'm a little crazy, though....

Thank you very much for doing this for us, IndepMo!
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by KCMommie View Post
    Thanks for this! I've been thinking of doing the same thing. We spent Sunday down near the river and I just had this foreboding feeling. I think, because we live near this that it offers a perspective that others who are unfamiliar with the area don't have. That river is so very close. If you want any footage, please feel free to ask. I can try to check it out too.
    That would be awesome.

Great video, indepmo! Thank you!

There appears to be so many areas that could be searched along your drive.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast