VIDEO - Ground view perspective from local WS user

indepmo

Verified Expert
Reaction score
I drove to the Irwin-Bradley neighborhood today and shot some video. I started near the apartment complex where the dumpster fire was, then by the residence, then to end of street where LE has searched three times (34th & Brighton). Many WS users here have asked how long it would take to get to the dumpster in a vehicle, this should sum it up for you.

[video=youtube;iuXiLkJ1jr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuXiLkJ1jr4[/video][ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuXiLkJ1jr4"][/ame]

Nice work!

I was hoping you were going to keep going right to the river. I'm curious what it would like like walking from Brighton to a river bank, and how that river looks.

Thanks again. :seeya:

Thank you!!! Very helpful! I was surprised at how little activity was around the area but then I realized that my baseline is the Anthony neighborhood so that's like comparing the county fair to the Cirque du Soleil.:floorlaugh:

Thanks for this! I've been thinking of doing the same thing. We spent Sunday down near the river and I just had this foreboding feeling. I think, because we live near this that it offers a perspective that others who are unfamiliar with the area don't have. That river is so very close. If you want any footage, please feel free to ask. I can try to check it out too.

Thank you very much! It's nice to see the area first hand vs. what I have pictured in my mind.

Mel

You want the river? Here's the long version of the video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJVTrODkCW0"]Irwin neighborhood - YouTube[/ame]

IndepMo, I noticed on your theory (which makes very good practical sense BTW.) that you have presented a detailed map. Do you think you would have time to update that to where you know there have been searches - especially by the river? Or is this too much to ask? Thanks!

Something I noticed when I stepped out of my vehicle and around the corner of the woods where there was a small gravel road was all of the amounts of trash in the woods. It looked like a popular dumping ground for the neighborhood. Paint cans, childs swimming pool, and just a bunch of junk. No trash bags that I could see, just a lot of trash. It's very grown up and a lot of trees, and within the trees there is a very large gully. WHen it rains (or the river is up), this are retains water. I didnt go into the woods, but I walked up furth east to the edge where there was a clearing and there was some water in there.

[ame="http://maps.google.com/?ll=39.152136,-94.520836&spn=0.001477,0.001714&t=h&z=19&vpsrc=6"]Google Maps[/ame]

This has been an area of interest to me for quite some time, it's close to home to hurry there and hurry back to try to go undetected at wee hours of the morning.

I don't think I would have been able to stop myself from going into those woods and looking around. I'm a little crazy, though....:crazy:

Thank you very much for doing this for us, IndepMo!

Thanks for this! I've been thinking of doing the same thing. We spent Sunday down near the river and I just had this foreboding feeling. I think, because we live near this that it offers a perspective that others who are unfamiliar with the area don't have. That river is so very close. If you want any footage, please feel free to ask. I can try to check it out too.

That would be awesome. :seeya:

Great video, indepmo! Thank you!

There appears to be so many areas that could be searched along your drive.

Another big THANK YOU from me!

I lived in the KC metro area for over 40 years and am familiar with just about any part of it due to past employment, enough that I was able to drive to most any address without much difficulty. Your video, and the imput from others local to this case make it very easy to picture everything in my mind's eye. I thank you all!

Something I noticed when I stepped out of my vehicle and around the corner of the woods where there was a small gravel road was all of the amounts of trash in the woods. It looked like a popular dumping ground for the neighborhood. Paint cans, childs swimming pool, and just a bunch of junk. No trash bags that I could see, just a lot of trash. It's very grown up and a lot of trees, and within the trees there is a very large gully. WHen it rains (or the river is up), this are retains water. I didnt go into the woods, but I walked up furth east to the edge where there was a clearing and there was some water in there.

Google Maps

This has been an area of interest to me for quite some time, it's close to home to hurry there and hurry back to try to go undetected at wee hours of the morning.

You did a wonderful job and that really helped explain how close everything was to the Irwin's home. I hope they keep searching the wooded are and are looking up trees and in trees where animals could of made homes...

Yes, it is VERY close! Please share what you can!

thanks indepmo thats awesome! good to get some perspective on the neighborhood

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire