1141 users online (216 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK - Tulsa, Human remains in SUV in pond, Oct'11 - Sheila Scott-Sharpe

NE Okla. pond being searched after dog finds foot

Tulsa, Okla. Police are searching an east Tulsa pond after a dog discovered a human foot in the water.

Officers say a woman was walking the dog about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday when the animal found the foot inside a shoe and began playing with it. When the woman tried to take the shoe away from the dog, she saw a foot inside and then called police

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...an-Foot-Found/
    Last edited by Kimster; 11-19-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: title
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

UPDATE: Human foot found in East Tulsa

Statement from Tulsa Police:

On 10-25-2011 Tulsa Police Officers were called to the retention pond at 500 S Mingo. Upon
    arrival Officers found a detached left foot along with a female size 9 Saucony Jazz shoe. A
    citizen and their dog were playing near the pond when the dog went into the pond and emerged
    with the shoe and foot.
    TPD Crime Scene responded and called in the Office of The Medical Examiner. The foot was
    determined to be human and the Medical Examiner recovered and took possession of the foot
    and shoe. The Tulsa Police Department Dive Team is on scene and will begin a systematic
    search of the pond for any evidence this afternoon.
    The foot could have been in the pond for some time, possibly as late as last winter.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...t-tulsa/nFMY4/
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

EEEWW EEEEEW

RIP to whomever the foot belongs

Police Homicide Unit is releasing a photo of the shoe in hopes to gaining any information on an
    identification.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/...t-tulsa/nFMY4/
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Does anyone else think that shoe seems very small as if for a child or woman small in stature?

To me that photo is decieving, that shoe does not look to be a size 9 female. I wear a size 8 to 9 and if I put my hand near my shoe, my hand appears much smaler than teh shoe. Opposite is true here. Phto hands looks large shoe small.

So sad.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

i agree.. it almost looks to be a toddler 9 (when compared to the hands of the LE holding it)
    Guy or gal must have huge hands!

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anas Nin
    I have the same pair - I bought them specifically because they make my size 11's look much smaller! Here they are (put iPad smart cover and hand next to it to give perspective)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

It does look small -- definitely not like a woman's 9! But I don't think it's a kid's shoe because the kid's Saucony Jazz has 5 shoelace holes (on each side) while the women's equivalent has 6 shoelace holes like the one found in the Tulsa pond.
    http://piperlime.gap.com/browse/prod...Cr%3A1%2Cs%3A0

http://www.endless.com/dp/B003ZSHYGC...3ZSHYGC1755589

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Does anyone else think that shoe seems very small as if for a child or woman small in stature?

To me that photo is decieving, that shoe does not look to be a size 9 female. I wear a size 8 to 9 and if I put my hand near my shoe, my hand appears much smaler than teh shoe. Opposite is true here. Phto hands looks large shoe small.

So sad.
    It looks more like a 6... I wonder if that's possible -- they're reading the size upside down? I'm sure they have other reasons for saying '9', but just a thought I had.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Not to be overly graphic, but I wonder if the foot was disarticulated and if so, at what joint(s).
    Was that mentioned in MSM anywhere?

Searching through OK MP's, and wondering if the remains match anyone in NamUs.

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Talk about being freaked out! Pick up a shoe the dog is playing with and the foot is still in it!!! I'd still be cleaning my pants. Where's the rest of the body?

Strange that no one reported a missing person...unless they were from far away. I always wonder if the victim was a casualty of tornadoes in those states where they are prominent.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    I have the same pair - I bought them specifically because they make my size 11's look much smaller! Here they are (put iPad smart cover and hand next to it to give perspective)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Truthful Lies.
    Glad to see any apparent human remains are not in your shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    Not to be overly graphic, but I wonder if the foot was disarticulated and if so, at what joint(s).
    ---
    "There's not any kind of cut marks to indicate where it had been sawed off, there's no indication that tells us it was severed in any way or broken," said Sgt. Farley.
    ---
    http://bit.ly/vpjgbW

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post

Searching through OK MP's, and wondering if the remains match anyone in NamUs.
    "There's not any kind of cut marks to indicate where it had been sawed off, there's no indication that tells us it was severed in any way or broken," said Sgt. Farley.

Theories on how the foot got into the pond? "I don't know, I don't know at all," said one woman watching the divers in action.

"One of the crime scene detectives actually related to me that it looked like maybe even a fish or turtle more likely might have been gnawing on the body part, which is kind of creepy," said Sgt. Farley.

"It's very creepy," said the woman.

Police say the foot may have been in the water for several months, even as far back as last winter.

http://www.ktul.com/story/15875317/h...detention-pond

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    From your link:

"It's very unusual to find a body part in any water within the city of Tulsa," said Sergeant Justin Farley of the Tulsa police department.
    and

"...kind of creepy," said Sgt. Farley.

"It's very creepy," said the woman. (my FYI: the one whose dog found it)
    Very, very creepy!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast