926 users online (177 members and 749 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Zurana Horton, 33, pregnant, killed by teen sniper, Brooklyn, 21 Oct 2011

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...g_childre.html

Gang member Andrew Lopez, 18, confessed to the slaying after his arrest, admitting he pulled the trigger last Friday afternoon on a Brooklyn street packed with children, sources told the Daily News.

The slender shooter's target was an 11-year-old girl, and the motive was a fight over a cell phone, sources said.
    WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE STRICTER GUN LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY???
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Real big tuff guy isn't he? (sarcasm) It takes a really big guy to shoot from a distance, and pick a bunch of kids to shoot at. How many did he shoot in the back? Well soon he will find out he isn't that tuff, when he hits the prison big time.

Quote Originally Posted by deelytful1 View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...g_childre.html

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO HAVE STRICTER GUN LAWS IN THIS COUNTRY???
    You think he legally attained this gun?

Gahhh! I am so sick of these gang bangers! If they want to shoot people and be all bad, send them to afganland and put them to work! It makes me sick to watch the news and see soldiers that died leaving behind families, then to see these creeps killing innocent bystanders! Draft their butts! Teach them something!
    JMO, MOO, Doing my best. I am not perfect and I don't expect you to be either.

From May 2013:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/may...illed-20130528

On Tuesday, the man charged with firing the bullets that killed Zurana Horton as she tried to protect several children was sentenced to 55 years to life in prison...

A jury in April found Lopez guilty of Horton's murder. He also was convicted of two counts of assault for gunshot injuries suffered by another woman and a girl who were near Horton.