Deceased/Not Found SD - Catherine Tornquist, 56, Hot Springs, 5 Oct 2011 *M. Tornquist guilty*

Catherine Tomquist has not been seen since she left to go from Hot Springs to Rapid City to pick up a camper. She was reported missing in the early hours of Oct 7.

I saw a thread in 'Information' forum, but something's not right here. If you couldn't reach someone the day before, then how would you know they got the camper and/or drive over to their home to see it?

Lytle may be completely innocent, but I hope LE is taking a good hard look at him.

.....According to Mraz, Tornquist was last seen between 6 and 7 a.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 5 in Hot Springs.

Don Lytle, a close friend of Tornquist who had spent the entire previous day with her, touring the Black Hills on Tuesday, Oct. 4, said he made the 911 call to report her missing at about 2:45 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 7, after her son Matthew Tornquist also contacted him and said he could not find her.

(snip)

Lytle said he tried calling Catherine numerous times on Wednesday, to see how it was going with the camper, but she did not answer.

On Thursday, he said he decided to go to her home in Hot Brook Canyon to see the new camper.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/hotspri...e69-11e0-ba69-001cc4c002e0.html#ixzz1btA3AMIj

Also, who saw her the morning of the Oct 5?

Neither of the articles say whether her purse, keys, and cell phone (if any) were inside her home; nor whether there has been activity on her bank accounts or any social networking accounts.

From link in the OP:
"We have gotten nothing that really pinpoints a search area," Mraz said, adding that Tornquist's friends and relatives - some as far as Colorado and Texas - have been questioned.
He declined to say that foul play is involved, but said all leads are still being followed in the case.
Mraz said that he cannot release any information on the ongoing investigation, which includes his office, as well as the Division of Criminal Investigation, along with the Custer and Shannon County sheriff's departments.

Hoping that she is found safe, soon...

Very perplexing case.

Couple questions I have. Wonder why her good friend, Don, didn't go with her to pick up the camper? She spoke with him every day for several years...and often went out of town with him. Maybe there was a scheduling conflict and he could not go but that stands out to me.

Also, in the Hot Springs Star article, it reports that Sheriff Mraz said Catherine had several close friends but other than that, "no real close acquaintances." Mmmm....I wonder if he is referring to her family? Her daughter lives in Colorado and her son, Matthew, was supposed to go help her get the camper.

I do pray Catherine is located soon...and that she is safe.

Still no more news. I have a bad feeling about this... I want her to be found safe but I believe there are some huge gaps in the story being told about her disappearance. MOO

Where are you, Catherine?

4ea5a756c727f.image.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...1e0-ac30-001cc4c002e0/4ea5a756c727f.image.jpg

That's a good catch. Later on, in the second article you linked, it does mention "sight-seeing" and visiting second-hand stores.

Got it... I see that now. I don't know, though... I mean, her car was found at home. She seems like a very stable person so I don't believe she ran off. And there apparently is no sign of struggle or a break-in. I just hope they look very hard at the last person she was with.

I still can't find who saw her the morning of Oct 5. Does is say anywhere? Am I just missing it?

wow, I would think our local paper would have carried this story as the WY and SD border is blurred to say the least. I hope she is found! The towns out here are very clan-ish, everybody is related in some way, and they keep things close to the vest in case, god forbid, someone they are related to could be implicated. The hwy from Hot Springs to Rapid City is pretty desolate and it has been in the low 30s at night. Hot Springs is where the war veterans go from all around here to the VA hospital, so the hwy is a thorofare for them. Scary. I'm going to check this out.

wow, I would think our local paper would have carried this story as the WY and SD border is blurred to say the least. I hope she is found! The towns out here are very clan-ish, everybody is related in some way, and they keep things close to the vest in case, god forbid, someone they are related to could be implicated. The hwy from Hot Springs to Rapid City is pretty desolate and it has been in the low 30s at night. Hot Springs is where the war veterans go from all around here to the VA hospital, so the hwy is a thorofare for them. Scary. I'm going to check this out.

BBM How true. We had a high of 39 today and snow on Crow Peak, so the weather has changed; mid 20s right now.

After the Rally in August a biker's body was found in growth on the side of the road, more up in the Hills though. He was found because there was a work crew out; he had been missing for awhile.

Still no more news. I have a bad feeling about this... I want her to be found safe but I believe there are some huge gaps in the story being told about her disappearance. MOO

Where are you, Catherine?

4ea5a756c727f.image.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.town...1e0-ac30-001cc4c002e0/4ea5a756c727f.image.jpg
Thanks for enlarging this pic!

I see now that she's holding her beloved bunnie. :heart: They grieve, too, so now it's even sadder that Carolyn hasn't been found yet. :( I hope a bunnie lover is taking care of her pet.

bbm

Please do! It would be really nice to get a local's perspective and hopefully bring more attention to this case.

By the way, her car was at home so I'm not sure she ever hit the road that morning for Rapid City. It was reported that she was last seen early on Oct 5 --- but who saw her? I still can't find that.

Got it... I see that now. I don't know, though... I mean, her car was found at home. She seems like a very stable person so I don't believe she ran off. And there apparently is no sign of struggle or a break-in. I just hope they look very hard at the last person she was with.

I still can't find who saw her the morning of Oct 5. Does is say anywhere? Am I just missing it?
No, I didn't see "by whom" in either article either, altho both said last seen in Hot Springs, Wednesday, 10/5. One says "early" and the other is very specific "between 6 and 7am".

I wonder if LE has looked at any appointment book, calendar, and of course, her purse/wallet/credit cards, her computer, phone, and bank accounts. They must be...

BBM

Peazzzer, what is "Scary"? Maybe it's because it's late and I'm tired, but I'm confused. Please help me out. Thanks!

My apologies: her name is Tornquist, not Tomquist. Although the news seems to have it correct, one of the missing persons blogs had Tomquist.

I'll see if a mod can fix the title.

(I didn't figure it out until google asked me if I wanted to search for Tornquist instead of Tomquist... :innocent:)

(ETA: I also think I should wear my reading glasses more - maybe it's time - LOL!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back