Conrad Murray -Day eighteen.

ITA, soul - It became subtly noticeable that she did not care for CM, but she certainly cared for MJ in the right way. She obviously believed in what she could do for him, and I thought her manner was certainly what he needed -- someone kinda motherly and obviously caring & healthy since he was so big on fresh, natural things.

But yes, propofol does put you under in about 2--3 seconds, and we, as adults, IMO, just don't fall asleep that quickly on a regular basis. We have all watched puppies, kittens, and babies fall asleep that quickly, but not ourselves. MJ was pushed for time and a fast "to-sleep" was what he thought he needed.

Maybe if CM had changed his schedule a bit -- have a "come down" period right after he has his shower (a hot shower should help), then maybe a cup of hot chocolate (in spite of the chocolate, it does it for me) along with a sleeping pill (Ambien, or whatever is out there -- something safe, if that's possibe), some calming music, maybe reading a bed-time story one of the children wrote for him, etc., etc., just some down-shifting for about an hour or so. Then a nice, warmed-up bed, and darkness & silence, or whatever ambiance worked for him. Then maybe, maybe, maybe, sleep for 6 hours or more, and a calm wake-up at around 9:00am, breakfast at 10:00--10:30. Get his constitution used to that schedule -- this would take weeks -- and it would become easier each day.

As a good doctor, CM would have read him the riot act about propofol, and asked him to try, just like Nurse Lee had done...

A fairy tale? Maybe, probably, but CM could have tried.

Thanks Soul.

Ryan Smith made a very good point on IS a few minutes ago. He said that the DT wanted to make a big deal out of MJ paying a lot of the expenses back once the tour commenced.

But Ryan is an entertainment lawyer and said that is how it works in every contract.

IMO

I noticed C.lee said she fixed him tea before he went to sleep. I thought tea?

Was his headboard made of real gold? I keep asking that ,but a gold hadboard might keep one from sleeping as gold conducts energy (weird theory).

Re character witnesses for Murray:

Every time I hear someone say what a great doctor he was and how caring he is,
I think of my mom's love & admiration for her financial advisor/planner.

Several years ago, my mom refused to let my sister or me check her finances,
because her so-called "wonderful, caring, generous, thoughtful" FA advised her against it!

While visiting her, I finally got a chance to see where all her retirement money was going and how it was invested. GRRRR

When I saw the huge, outrageous amounts of money my mom's financial advisor was taking
for himself, I told her about it. Even though I was able to show her all the figures & what her
FA was paying himself from her investments, she still didn't believe me.

She told me and my sister that if we went through the records, it would be so we could steal
all her money from her.... that's what her FA told her!

At first she refused to do any changes because her FA "send her cards for every holiday,
photos of his wife and children, called her frequently to see how her arthritis was, blah blah blah.

I had someone from the investment dept of her bank come and review her portfolio...
thank goodness that lady was able to convince my mom that her FA was a shyster and was "stealing" money from her.

I'm sure my mom, as intelligent as she was, would've been fooled by CM, too.. and thought he was a great doctor.
It's amazing how manipulative some people can be, when others trust them so much to do the right thing for them.

OK... show's starting!

OH and by the way... Good Morning Everyone!!! :seeya:

first witness up: Gerry (pronounced Gary) Causey - former patient of CM. lives in Cedar City, Utah, drove to LA for testimony. Known CM for 11 years. He used to live in Las Vegas. Had a heart attack 11 years ago and that is when he met CM.

may-do-co condition must mean medical condition!

BTW... My Mother's shyster financial advisor gave her sooooo much time, was thorough, spoke to her family (me) to
try to explain everywhere her money went & how much he cared for her...and would never adbandon her EVER!! << rolling eyes>>

Question for Gerry on cross:

1. Did Dr. Murray ever give you propofol at your home with no monitoring or recussitative equipment?

No further questions.:banghead:

Defense, in your opinion was Dr. Murray motivated by greed? Witness, no. (paraphrased)

I really don't know how character witnesses are going to do any good in this trial. The bottom line is that Murray can only get 4 years and the jury knows this. If I was on the jury I would figure this was fluff, a waste of time. I would rather hear what his peers thought of him; oh, sorry, we already heard that with the grievous lack of standard of care.

I am sure MJ's family has a completely different view of how CM treated his patients! GRRRR

Oh, Walgren, thy name is Master!

W: "First time you met Dr. M was in the hospital?,,,,,,You saw your heartbeat & vital signs on the screen, ,,,,, how many other people besides Dr. M were in the O.R.?"

Ans: "Yes, in the hospital,,,,,,,,Yes, I asked to see the vital signs,,,,,,, there were 3 other people were in the room"

or to that effect. Heh, heh, heh.

A-plus, Prosecutor.

'Nuff said....

Witness stopped at the defense table and hugged Murray. Judge was not happy. Stopped him and said that is not necessary. (paraphrased again)

Well...IMO Walgren totally discredited this witness with his recross.

Let's assume that CM is guilty of gross negligence and is responsible for the death of MJ, you'd still be here today giving this testimony because he is your best friend?

Witness: Yes, I'd still be here.

So CM and this witness were like "best friends"?

I wonder if he had as many patients believing they were best friends as he had women believing he was "unattached"? :floorlaugh:

AHHH - Mr Causey hugged his wonderful doctor on the way out of court!

That last question was the best: If you knew CM had been gross negligent, would you still be here saying these nice things about him?

Clausey: Yes I would!

Mr. Guest is up now. Another patient of CM, character witness for the defense. UH OH witness just said CM wanted to see him in the hospital where CM would have equip. and back up assists. Paraphrased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back