1228 users online (193 members and 1035 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    72

    Lisa's Parents Want New Detectives

    Sorry if this has already been posted... couldn't locate it. I just ran across this article that was posted a short time ago...


    http://www.people.com/people/article...540037,00.html
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 10-26-2011 at 03:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,903
    Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    72
    Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
    Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....
    Yeah, we ALL want a do over!

  5. #5
    Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South FloriDUH
    Posts
    13,621
    I fixed it!

    And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............


    Yea? How does it feel to want?


    sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    southwest Indiana
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubie View Post
    Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.
    When I first read the title I thought it was a typo, but thought you were addressing the Alyssa Lumford (I probably messed that one up too) case from WV
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,329
    IMHO this represents another act of putting themselves first over finding Baby Lisa. Now if they said the detectives weren't doing all they could to find baby Lisa, I would understand. However, my understanding of it is:

    They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

    What does that mean? As long as LE interviews them in a manner THEY deem acceptable?

    It just reminds me that this isn't about baby Lisa, but the comfort of the parents.

    Just my opinion.

    Mel

    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/26/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,795
    Whiskey
    Tango
    Foxtrot

    Methinks the lady doth protest too much........

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    IMHO this represents another act of putting themselves first over finding Baby Lisa. Now if they said the detectives weren't doing all they could to find baby Lisa, I would understand. However, my understanding of it is:

    They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

    What does that mean? As long as LE interviews them in a manner THEY deem acceptable?

    It just reminds me that this isn't about baby Lisa, but the comfort of the parents.

    Just my opinion.

    Mel

    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/26/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

    There's a thread about the separate interviews

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152616"]LE wants to interview the parents separately - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

  10. #10
    curiositycat's Avatar
    curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern New Mexico
    Posts
    4,948
    Uhhhh...people in "h e double hockey sticks" want ice water too. There are times when LE is interrogating someone and they hit a little too close to home. They have someone's number, so to speak. That becomes very uncomfortable...but only to the guilty. JMOO
    "Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while I was a suspect" Steven Wright


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I fixed it!

    And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............


    Yea? How does it feel to want?


    sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.
    Thanks for the edit! Sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers!

    A few questions... is it reasonable to request new detectives in a criminal case? (Honestly I shake my head as I even type this!) and would they get new detectives?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    The parents reaction is not any different than other moms, dads when their children are missing and it seems LE's only focus is on the parents or a family member or they're not getting any answers from LE.

    We just have to look at so many other cases. Holly Bobo's mom wanted the President of the United States help find her daughter.

  13. #13
    BetteDavisEyes's Avatar
    BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    18,576
    Deborah's kid is missing, but she wants to be treated with kid gloves

  14. #14
    Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South FloriDUH
    Posts
    13,621
    They can request all they want. It is unusual though. But KC did say at one point that she would "talk" to Appy Wells more willingly than Yuri.

    No, LE doesn't have to comply with any of the parents requests. They are working an open investigation. They are doing what they need to.

    JMO

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubie View Post
    Sorry if this has already been posted... couldn't locate it. I just ran across this article that was posted a short time ago...


    http://www.people.com/people/article...540037,00.html
    Quote Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
    Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....
    That is outrageous! The thought of it is laughable, if it wasn't about a missing baby! Reminds me of a little kid throwing a tantrum!

    Sorry, it doens't work that way people! Ugh
    "The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it." Flannery O'Connor

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Why have Lisa's parents stopped talking to the media?
    By eileenhawkeye in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 347
    Last Post: 11-26-2012, 03:33 AM
  2. Baby Lisa's Parents To Move Back Into Home
    By tehcloser in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 09:11 PM
  4. Parents of baby Lisa Press Release 10/21/11
    By SmoothOperator in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 09:52 PM
  5. Replies: 1240
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 11:18 AM

Tags for this Thread