1205 users online (240 members and 965 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 56

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    72

    Lisa's Parents Want New Detectives

    Sorry if this has already been posted... couldn't locate it. I just ran across this article that was posted a short time ago...


    http://www.people.com/people/article...540037,00.html
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 10-26-2011 at 03:45 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,903
    Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    72
    Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    southwest Indiana
    Posts
    5,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubie View Post
    Apologies for the weird title... friggin keyboard.
    When I first read the title I thought it was a typo, but thought you were addressing the Alyssa Lumford (I probably messed that one up too) case from WV
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by pferrin View Post
    Yeah and I want a different cuter policeman to give me the speeding tickets..I want a different IRS agent to look at my case..I want a different boss ..I want a different ....
    Yeah, we ALL want a do over!

  6. #6
    Wise Old Owl's Avatar
    Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    South FloriDUH
    Posts
    13,621
    I fixed it!

    And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............


    Yea? How does it feel to want?


    sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Old Owl View Post
    I fixed it!

    And I can't help repeating the famous line my grammy used to always use when I would say I wanted something.............


    Yea? How does it feel to want?


    sorry, couldn't help it - first thing that came to my mind as I used that on my kids throughout the years as well.
    Thanks for the edit! Sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers!

    A few questions... is it reasonable to request new detectives in a criminal case? (Honestly I shake my head as I even type this!) and would they get new detectives?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubie View Post
    Thanks for the edit! Sometimes my mind works faster than my fingers!

    A few questions... is it reasonable to request new detectives in a criminal case? (Honestly I shake my head as I even type this!) and would they get new detectives?
    Yes. Amber Dubois mom (Carrie) took her case to the FBI because she was fed up with local LE.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Yes. Amber Dubois mom (Carrie) took her case to the FBI because she was fed up with local LE.
    BUT the FBI is already involved in this one! moo

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    BUT the FBI is already involved in this one! moo
    Initially all LE agencies get involved because this is a missing child case. An Amber Alert was issued and it was considered an abduction. I don't know at what point a federal agency steps aside and lets local LE handle the case. My guess is when local LE tells them the crime is local and no evidence is presented to suggest a suspect has crossed State lines.

    Many of the other cases I've followed and continue to follow had FBI involvement but then it was left to local LE to solve.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South of the Mason Dixon
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Yes. Amber Dubois mom (Carrie) took her case to the FBI because she was fed up with local LE.
    Sorry, I don't know much about Amber's case. How long was she missing before her mother requested FBI help?

    Even though it's been a little over three weeks since Baby Lisa vanished, an eternity for most, it's it a bit soon to start requesting new investigator's?

    JMHO

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubie View Post
    Sorry, I don't know much about Amber's case. How long was she missing before her mother requested FBI help?

    Even though it's been a little over three weeks since Baby Lisa vanished, an eternity for most, it's it a bit soon to start requesting new investigator's?

    JMHO
    I don't recall off hand. Local LE were on the "runaway" theory and at the same time looked at her stepfather as a person of interest. Family was totally innocent

    She was murdered by a registered sex offender. He murdered another girl shortly after Amber.

    Cops do get it wrong sometimes.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Glasgow,Scotland UK
    Posts
    22,760
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Yes. Amber Dubois mom (Carrie) took her case to the FBI because she was fed up with local LE.
    i had never heard of this case,so i went and watched an episode of 48 hours mystery about it.i think i cried just about the whole 40 mins.

    stranger danger is real but its still not changed my opinion of these 2.

    these girls parents/step parents did everything that DB/JI SHOULD be doing,yet they are throwing tantrums and worrying about themselves
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.



    Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

    Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
    i had never heard of this case,so i went and watched an episode of 48 hours mystery about it.i think i cried just about the whole 40 mins.

    stranger danger is real but its still not changed my opinion of these 2.

    these girls parents/step parents did everything that DB/JI SHOULD be doing,yet they are throwing tantrums and worrying about themselves
    I respect your opinion but have to disagree. If the Press release is true regarding what these parents did then I believe they have done everything in their power to ensure they get ruled out so LE can focus on finding their daughter.

    There is still that struggle going on with LE and until that is resolved, I don't know how much more they can do. Unfortunately, they had to get an attorney because LE were pointing the finger at mom.

    The attorney set up a website, media is all over the case, they made pleas in the early days, flyers have been posted, LE did a door to door canvassing of the neighbourhood. What else can a parent do but rely on LE? Where does one even begin to search when the ones who are supposed to help you think you killed your child?

    I don't know if they're guilty. So far, I have not seen real factual evidence to point to their guilt and until then even if I think some of the story is screwy, I will continue to believe they are not involved. Someone took Lisa and she needs to be found..........YESTERDAY!

    I wish they would hire a PI whose only focus is to find Lisa. Deep down, I like to believe there is one looking for her and it's being kept a secret. It makes me feel better knowing that.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,329
    IMHO this represents another act of putting themselves first over finding Baby Lisa. Now if they said the detectives weren't doing all they could to find baby Lisa, I would understand. However, my understanding of it is:

    They don't mind being interviewed separately as long as the detectives are fair, open-minded and non-accusatory, she said.

    What does that mean? As long as LE interviews them in a manner THEY deem acceptable?

    It just reminds me that this isn't about baby Lisa, but the comfort of the parents.

    Just my opinion.

    Mel

    Source: http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/26/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe MO - Alisa Maier, 4, Louisiana, 5 July 2010 - #3
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 02:44 PM
  2. Found Alive MO - Alisa Maier, 4, Louisiana, 5 July 2010 - #2
    By Cubby in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 690
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 11:52 PM

Tags for this Thread