953 users online (180 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

U.S. Army sergeant serving 14th deployment killed in Kandahar Province

Death of an American hero: Decorated repeatedly, soldier who
    went to war for his country 14 times is killed by Taliban bomb

The United States Army is today mourning one of its most courageous and decorated heroes.

Sergeant 1st Class Kristoffer B. Domeij was one of three soldiers killed by a roadside bomb last Saturday near Kandahar Province.

Remarkably, the elite ranger, who died when the team triggered an improvised device, was serving his 14th deployment at the time.

In an extraordinary career, Sgt. Domeij was decorated a number of times - and crowning it will be the Purple Heart that military chiefs have confirmed he will be awarded posthumously.

The husband and father-of-two from San Diego will go down in U.S. Army history as one of the team who rescued rescued Private Jessica Lynch from her Iraqi captors in 2003.
    much more at Daily Mail link above

R.I.P., good man.

North Carolina
    Rest in peace, Sgt. Domeij. Thank you for your most courageous service to our country.
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

Black Hills
    He's now trading stories with Lori Piestewa.

We are grateful for his service and his sacrifice; condolences to his family.

He epitomizes Hoka Hey; a true Warrior.

My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]