Where to begin

solvingthepast

Inactive
Reaction score
I am new to this site. I would like to know where to begin when looking into a cold case. I think this would be not only beneficial to me, but others that are new to the site. How does one go about obtaining the police records on such a case. I live in Oklahoma and would love to know exactly what information is available. I have one case that haunts me and I would love to know more. I have excellent investigative skills and think I could put them to use on this case. In fact, I am a collections skip tracer for a major corporation. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I checked out the link, but really didn't find what I was looking for. I understand contacting the detectives on a current case, although in Oklahoma the police are not as cooperative. However, what about old cold cases? Ones where the detectives are retired? The OSBI here, like the FBI, give access only after they black out any names. I was wandering about whether or not you can request via the open records act or FOIA? I just don't know how to go about accessing this information.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back