1018 users online (139 members and 879 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,721

    Marc Klaas Blog

    "Baby Lisa’s parents have circled the wagons, hired a platoon of lawyers and consultants, and cut off communications with media and law enforcement. Critical decisions are made by committee. Their other two children are off-limits to law enforcement, mommy’s story shifts and shudders, and her commentary reveals more questions than it answers. Access to the house is restricted and a cadaver dog picked up the scent of decaying human remains in the master bedroom."

    More at the link:

    http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011...f-urgency.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Sadieville,Ky
    Posts
    185

    Mark Klaas Blog

    http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011...f-urgency.html

    I respect Mark Klaas and his opinions. What do you all think of his blog?

    (this my first time ever starting a thread. I hope I am doing this correctly. If I need to add something please feel free to help. TIA)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Rockport, TX
    Posts
    2,218
    You did it correctly! And I totally agree with Marks blog. You lay yourself open and exposed to clear yourself so that LE can focus on finding your child. Every action by these parents screams to me that they are focused on protecting themselves....not finding their CHILD.

    JMO and all that jazz.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,721
    "The abysmal choices and questionable behavior of baby Lisa’s mom and dad have left them exposed. One result of their failure to eliminate themselves as suspects in baby Lisa’s disappearance is that her parents are being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. They and their representatives claim that they are being scapegoated; that the authorities have to pin the crime on someone and that the parents are the obvious choices."

    http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011...f-urgency.html

    I think Marc has an excellent grasp on the dynamics of this situation. I wonder if the parents have talked to him/would be interested in talking to him? If they are indeed innocent, they really need to call him pronto.
    Last edited by CharlestonGal; 10-27-2011 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Add link

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Glasgow,Scotland UK
    Posts
    22,762
    its good to see this from a parents point of view thats been through it and even he has suspicions of the way DB/JI are acting.

    if they really are interested in finding Lisa they should get in touch with him even if it was just for some support and comfort from someone thats been there.

    my opinion of them has not changed though,hinky is an understatement
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.



    Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

    Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlestonGal View Post
    "Baby Lisa’s parents have circled the wagons, hired a platoon of lawyers and consultants, and cut off communications with media and law enforcement. Critical decisions are made by committee. Their other two children are off-limits to law enforcement, mommy’s story shifts and shudders, and her commentary reveals more questions than it answers. Access to the house is restricted and a cadaver dog picked up the scent of decaying human remains in the master bedroom."

    More at the link:

    http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/2011...f-urgency.html
    I have to differ with Mr. Klaas. The police are interviewing the children Friday and taking DNA. I don't have any evidence that access to the house is restricted as the police have conducted consensual searches and a search pursuant to warrant. There is no evidence that the parents have cut off all contact with the media. The parents have agreed to separate interviews according to their attorney. Apparently, there is no agreement between defense and LE as to the conditions for such interviews; therefore, separate interviews are not scheduled. Mother made a huge mistake at the outset by concealing the trip to the store to buy wine and that resulted in her having to change the timeline. But, I don't think the rest of the story is cratered with major inconsistencies. We don't know yet what to make of the hit by the HRD dog. It is not evidence, it is just investigatory.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    I've always had a lot of respect for Mark but I have also noticed he's not always up to date on cases when he's a guest on NG. In this case, I think he's missing some of the critical details including what the parents have consented to (Press Release). Sadly, some LE are narrow minded and develop tunnel vision and it appears that's what is going on here. The parents, imo, had no other choice but to get legal advice and representation.

    Even Mark gets it wrong sometimes. Wasn't he involved in Hailey Dunn's case (totally believing Billie) until he discovered some of the mistruths and then decided to distance himself from the drama and dropped it like a hot potato?

    Hailey's case remains unsolved and Billie to this day is not a suspect. Hailey was kidnapped. But for some reason Mark Klaas decided it's best for him not to help find her.

    Until he is personally involved in a case, I'll just continue to accept his statement as an opinion with little knowledge about the case just like many of us here.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
    its good to see this from a parents point of view thats been through it and even he has suspicions of the way DB/JI are acting.

    if they really are interested in finding Lisa they should get in touch with him even if it was just for some support and comfort from someone thats been there.

    my opinion of them has not changed though,hinky is an understatement
    I SO agree Josie! They are acting totally oppositee of that which you would expect of the parents of a "kidnapped" child. And her comment the other day about not interviewing with the police or any of the news media because they were "grieving" caused me to absolutely shudder.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    7,247
    Quote Originally Posted by katshep View Post
    I have to differ with Mr. Klaas. The police are interviewing the children Friday and taking DNA. I don't have any evidence that access to the house is restricted as the police have conducted consensual searches and a search pursuant to warrant. There is no evidence that the parents have cut off all contact with the media. The parents have agreed to separate interviews according to their attorney. Apparently, there is no agreement between defense and LE as to the conditions for such interviews; therefore, separate interviews are not scheduled. Mother made a huge mistake at the outset by concealing the trip to the store to buy wine and that resulted in her having to change the timeline. But, I don't think the rest of the story is cratered with major inconsistencies. We don't know yet what to make of the hit by the HRD dog. It is not evidence, it is just investigatory.
    I agree with all you say here, but have a question (and I've seen other people say it too, and I keep meaning to ask!): do we know for sure that mom *hid* the wine buying trip? Is there a link to confirmation of that somewhere?
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    at the coffee maker
    Posts
    3,763
    I have a very high regard for Marc Klaas. That said, I don't really agree with his opinion of this case.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I've always had a lot of respect for Mark but I have also noticed he's not always up to date on cases when he's a guest on NG. In this case, I think he's missing some of the critical details including what the parents have consented to (Press Release). Sadly, some LE are narrow minded and develop tunnel vision and it appears that's what is going on here. The parents, imo, had no other choice but to get legal advice and representation.

    Even Mark gets it wrong sometimes. Wasn't he involved in Hailey Dunn's case (totally believing Billie) until he discovered some of the mistruths and then decided to distance himself from the drama and dropped it like a hot potato?

    Hailey's case remains unsolved and Billie to this day is not a suspect. Hailey was kidnapped. But for some reason Mark Klaas decided it's best for him not to help find her.

    Until he is personally involved in a case, I'll just continue to accept his statement as an opinion with little knowledge about the case just like many of us here.
    Thank you. You said it better than I can. I do respect Mr. Klaas' own issues, but I don't think every parent of missing child needs to chime in on other cases. Each case is different, each person does different things, this includes parents, LE, attorneys, media, friends, etc...

    His opinion is the same as ours, an outside opinion. While he has his own grieving to go through, and this may be helping him, it is still nothing more than an outside opinion, even though he has been through something similar, yet different.

    I think all of us are best to recognize that as such, and realize that we are not the ones experiencing this incident at this moment.

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Hill Country, Texas
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by katshep View Post
    I have to differ with Mr. Klaas. The police are interviewing the children Friday and taking DNA. I don't have any evidence that access to the house is restricted as the police have conducted consensual searches and a search pursuant to warrant. There is no evidence that the parents have cut off all contact with the media. The parents have agreed to separate interviews according to their attorney. Apparently, there is no agreement between defense and LE as to the conditions for such interviews; therefore, separate interviews are not scheduled. Mother made a huge mistake at the outset by concealing the trip to the store to buy wine and that resulted in her having to change the timeline. But, I don't think the rest of the story is cratered with major inconsistencies. We don't know yet what to make of the hit by the HRD dog. It is not evidence, it is just investigatory.
    I understand what you are saying but disagree in some respects. From everything I watched on tv yesterday and off/on the day before, the parents are trying to dictate the terms under which they will answer questions from the police. In my book, that is just wrong when those are the very people trying to return my "kidnapped" child to me.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    I agree with all you say here, but have a question (and I've seen other people say it too, and I keep meaning to ask!): do we know for sure that mom *hid* the wine buying trip? Is there a link to confirmation of that somewhere?
    None whatsoever that she hid that info from LE. IMO, she probably gave them a receipt to establish a timeline when she was being questioned. Unfortunately, the media hounds got a hold of the video and it went down hill from there.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,591
    He's got a point when he talks of the FBI being involved in this case. Something we (at least I have from time-to-time in this case) forget is that the FBI are involved and it's not just local LE who are investigating the disappearance of Baby Lisa.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    at the coffee maker
    Posts
    3,763
    Quote Originally Posted by 21merc7 View Post
    Thank you. You said it better than I can. I do respect Mr. Klaas' own issues, but I don't think every parent of missing child needs to chime in on other cases. Each case is different, each person does different things, this includes parents, LE, attorneys, media, friends, etc...

    His opinion is the same as ours, an outside opinion. While he has his own grieving to go through, and this may be helping him, it is still nothing more than an outside opinion, even though he has been through something similar, yet different.

    I think all of us are best to recognize that as such, and realize that we are not the ones experiencing this incident at this moment.
    This nails my opinion, too. I was trying to think how to word it so as not to come off rude (my English fails me sometimes), but you put it very nicely, IMO.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Marc Klaas Big Announcement.
    By Tricia in forum A CALL TO ACTION! Calif. DMH Illegally Releases 17,000 Sex Offenders
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 03:36 PM
  2. Marc Klaas Wants To Know What You Think. Please Participate
    By Tricia in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 309
    Last Post: 04-02-2009, 05:29 PM
  3. Marc Klaas interview
    By Levi in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 09:32 PM

Tags for this Thread