Marc Klaas Blog

CharlestonGal

Former Member
Reaction score
"Baby Lisa’s parents have circled the wagons, hired a platoon of lawyers and consultants, and cut off communications with media and law enforcement. Critical decisions are made by committee. Their other two children are off-limits to law enforcement, mommy’s story shifts and shudders, and her commentary reveals more questions than it answers. Access to the house is restricted and a cadaver dog picked up the scent of decaying human remains in the master bedroom."

More at the link:

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/201...#!/2011/10/baby-lisa-and-loss-of-urgency.html

You did it correctly! And I totally agree with Marks blog. You lay yourself open and exposed to clear yourself so that LE can focus on finding your child. Every action by these parents screams to me that they are focused on protecting themselves....not finding their CHILD.

JMO and all that jazz.

"The abysmal choices and questionable behavior of baby Lisa’s mom and dad have left them exposed. One result of their failure to eliminate themselves as suspects in baby Lisa’s disappearance is that her parents are being tried and convicted in the court of public opinion. They and their representatives claim that they are being scapegoated; that the authorities have to pin the crime on someone and that the parents are the obvious choices."

http://theklaasact.blogspot.com/201...#!/2011/10/baby-lisa-and-loss-of-urgency.html

I think Marc has an excellent grasp on the dynamics of this situation. I wonder if the parents have talked to him/would be interested in talking to him? If they are indeed innocent, they really need to call him pronto.

its good to see this from a parents point of view thats been through it and even he has suspicions of the way DB/JI are acting.

if they really are interested in finding Lisa they should get in touch with him even if it was just for some support and comfort from someone thats been there.

my opinion of them has not changed though,hinky is an understatement

"Baby Lisa’s parents have circled the wagons, hired a platoon of lawyers and consultants, and cut off communications with media and law enforcement. Critical decisions are made by committee. Their other two children are off-limits to law enforcement, mommy’s story shifts and shudders, and her commentary reveals more questions than it answers. Access to the house is restricted and a cadaver dog picked up the scent of decaying human remains in the master bedroom."

More at the link:

I have to differ with Mr. Klaas. The police are interviewing the children Friday and taking DNA. I don't have any evidence that access to the house is restricted as the police have conducted consensual searches and a search pursuant to warrant. There is no evidence that the parents have cut off all contact with the media. The parents have agreed to separate interviews according to their attorney. Apparently, there is no agreement between defense and LE as to the conditions for such interviews; therefore, separate interviews are not scheduled. Mother made a huge mistake at the outset by concealing the trip to the store to buy wine and that resulted in her having to change the timeline. But, I don't think the rest of the story is cratered with major inconsistencies. We don't know yet what to make of the hit by the HRD dog. It is not evidence, it is just investigatory.

I've always had a lot of respect for Mark but I have also noticed he's not always up to date on cases when he's a guest on NG. In this case, I think he's missing some of the critical details including what the parents have consented to (Press Release). Sadly, some LE are narrow minded and develop tunnel vision and it appears that's what is going on here. The parents, imo, had no other choice but to get legal advice and representation.

Even Mark gets it wrong sometimes. Wasn't he involved in Hailey Dunn's case (totally believing Billie) until he discovered some of the mistruths and then decided to distance himself from the drama and dropped it like a hot potato?

Hailey's case remains unsolved and Billie to this day is not a suspect. Hailey was kidnapped. But for some reason Mark Klaas decided it's best for him not to help find her.

Until he is personally involved in a case, I'll just continue to accept his statement as an opinion with little knowledge about the case just like many of us here.

its good to see this from a parents point of view thats been through it and even he has suspicions of the way DB/JI are acting.

if they really are interested in finding Lisa they should get in touch with him even if it was just for some support and comfort from someone thats been there.

my opinion of them has not changed though,hinky is an understatement

I SO agree Josie! They are acting totally oppositee of that which you would expect of the parents of a "kidnapped" child. And her comment the other day about not interviewing with the police or any of the news media because they were "grieving" caused me to absolutely shudder.

I have to differ with Mr. Klaas. The police are interviewing the children Friday and taking DNA. I don't have any evidence that access to the house is restricted as the police have conducted consensual searches and a search pursuant to warrant. There is no evidence that the parents have cut off all contact with the media. The parents have agreed to separate interviews according to their attorney. Apparently, there is no agreement between defense and LE as to the conditions for such interviews; therefore, separate interviews are not scheduled. Mother made a huge mistake at the outset by concealing the trip to the store to buy wine and that resulted in her having to change the timeline. But, I don't think the rest of the story is cratered with major inconsistencies. We don't know yet what to make of the hit by the HRD dog. It is not evidence, it is just investigatory.

I agree with all you say here, but have a question (and I've seen other people say it too, and I keep meaning to ask!): do we know for sure that mom *hid* the wine buying trip? Is there a link to confirmation of that somewhere?

I have a very high regard for Marc Klaas. That said, I don't really agree with his opinion of this case.

I've always had a lot of respect for Mark but I have also noticed he's not always up to date on cases when he's a guest on NG. In this case, I think he's missing some of the critical details including what the parents have consented to (Press Release). Sadly, some LE are narrow minded and develop tunnel vision and it appears that's what is going on here. The parents, imo, had no other choice but to get legal advice and representation.

Even Mark gets it wrong sometimes. Wasn't he involved in Hailey Dunn's case (totally believing Billie) until he discovered some of the mistruths and then decided to distance himself from the drama and dropped it like a hot potato?

Hailey's case remains unsolved and Billie to this day is not a suspect. Hailey was kidnapped. But for some reason Mark Klaas decided it's best for him not to help find her.

Until he is personally involved in a case, I'll just continue to accept his statement as an opinion with little knowledge about the case just like many of us here.

Thank you. You said it better than I can. I do respect Mr. Klaas' own issues, but I don't think every parent of missing child needs to chime in on other cases. Each case is different, each person does different things, this includes parents, LE, attorneys, media, friends, etc...

His opinion is the same as ours, an outside opinion. While he has his own grieving to go through, and this may be helping him, it is still nothing more than an outside opinion, even though he has been through something similar, yet different.

I think all of us are best to recognize that as such, and realize that we are not the ones experiencing this incident at this moment.

I understand what you are saying but disagree in some respects. From everything I watched on tv yesterday and off/on the day before, the parents are trying to dictate the terms under which they will answer questions from the police. In my book, that is just wrong when those are the very people trying to return my "kidnapped" child to me.

I agree with all you say here, but have a question (and I've seen other people say it too, and I keep meaning to ask!): do we know for sure that mom *hid* the wine buying trip? Is there a link to confirmation of that somewhere?

None whatsoever that she hid that info from LE. IMO, she probably gave them a receipt to establish a timeline when she was being questioned. Unfortunately, the media hounds got a hold of the video and it went down hill from there.

He's got a point when he talks of the FBI being involved in this case. Something we (at least I have from time-to-time in this case) forget is that the FBI are involved and it's not just local LE who are investigating the disappearance of Baby Lisa.

Thank you. You said it better than I can. I do respect Mr. Klaas' own issues, but I don't think every parent of missing child needs to chime in on other cases. Each case is different, each person does different things, this includes parents, LE, attorneys, media, friends, etc...

His opinion is the same as ours, an outside opinion. While he has his own grieving to go through, and this may be helping him, it is still nothing more than an outside opinion, even though he has been through something similar, yet different.

I think all of us are best to recognize that as such, and realize that we are not the ones experiencing this incident at this moment.
This nails my opinion, too. I was trying to think how to word it so as not to come off rude (my English fails me sometimes), but you put it very nicely, IMO.

He's got a point when he talks of the FBI being involved in this case. Something we (at least I have from time-to-time in this case) forget is that the FBI are involved and it's not just local LE who are investigating the disappearance of Baby Lisa.

The FBI is involved in so many cases including those where the parents or family members are not suspects!

When it's an abduction the risks the victim is taken across State Lines are high and that's why they get involved and/or illegal activities in some cases. Once it is established not to be the case, they let local LE handle it going forward.

I have great compassion and respect for Marc Klaas.

That said, I think all too often he is held up as a model for what all parents of missing kids can and should do. I see it in many cases here on these boards: "look at Marc Klaas, he did X, Y, and Z, these parents should be doing that too!". Never mind that each individual is unique, with their own personality, their own experiences, their own thoughts and feelings. No one is ever going to act "a certain way".

I think that putting him on a pedestal that way, holding him up as the pinnacle of what parents in these cases should do is unfair to the other parents, and unfair to Marc as well. No human being can possibly live up to being the perfect role model for something. And no human being can ever live up to other people's expected standards of behavior.

He isn't omniscient on these cases, and he would probably be the first to admit that. Without being involved, he Can only offer an opinion, just like the rest of us.

Here's one link: http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ng-1-week-update-missing-baby-lisa-irwin-case There are a lot more stories about this. There is surveillance video showing her tucking the receipt in her purse. There were two transactions one for wine and her brother apparently gave her the money as she gave him the change. The other is for diaper wipes and a jar of baby food.
The police found the receipt for the wipes and baby food in the trash. She hadn't told them about the trip to the store. The video and the store clerk showed police that she bought a box of wine as well. ( MOO: Why did she conceal it from police? I think she was trying to hide it from her husband. She is on anti-anxiety meds and drinking ia a big no-no.)

Here's one link: http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ng-1-week-update-missing-baby-lisa-irwin-case There are a lot more stories about this. There is surveillance video showing her tucking the receipt in her purse. There were two transactions one for wine and her brother apparently gave her the money as she gave him the change. The other is for diaper wipes and a jar of baby food.
The police found the receipt for the wipes and baby food in the trash. She hadn't told them about the trip to the store. The video and the store clerk showed police that she bought a box of wine as well. ( MOO: Why did she conceal it from police? I think she was trying to hide it from her husband. She is on anti-anxiety meds and drinking ia a big no-no.)

No, sorry if I wasn't clear: I know all about the visit to the store, the video, etc. but I'm looking for evidence that she actively hid the fact of her shopping trip to police.

No, sorry if I wasn't clear: I know all about the visit to the store, the video, etc. but I'm looking for evidence that she actively hid the fact of her shopping trip to police.

I think the evidence of that is that they were led to the store video and the store clerk by finding the receipt in the trash, not by anything she said. Also, it was after that, that her timeline about when she last saw Lisa changed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back