Steve Powell will go to trial for *advertiser censored*, Voyeurism in March

Wow, postponed eh? Humph, whatta surprise........... NOT!

Gotta mull this over as to whether this is a good thing or a bad thing as far as Susan goes.....

TY for the update GB. Some highlights:

The judge set a new tentative trial date of March 20 and continued a so-called omnibus hearing in the case to Jan 12. At that hearing the judge can rule if certain evidence will be admissible at trial.

Prosecutor Grant Blinn said Thursday the trial date was pushed back to allow Powell’s recently appointed defense attorneys more time to prepare their case. Powell, who is being held in the Pierce County jail on a $200,000 cash or bond bail, did not appear in court, Blinn said.

Powell is being represented by attorneys Mark T. Quigley and Travis R. Currie. Both are attorneys with the Pierce County Department of Assigned Counsel.

Troyer said on Oct. 10 that police are continuing to sift through evidence and that more charges against Powell are possible.
"We have not brought anything else forward to the prosecutor’s office yet. We are continuing to work on it," Troyer said.

A judge allowed the boys to be placed with Susan Powell’s parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, while Josh Powell continues to be investigated to determine if he had any involvement in voyeurism and illicit *advertiser censored* with his father.

I don't think it's a bad thing that is was delayed. They may find more in the evidence they are still looking through and could come up with more charges.
jmo

I don't think it's a bad thing that is was delayed. They may find more in the evidence they are still looking through and could come up with more charges.
jmo
True that. I was forgetting the mountain of evidence they have yet to shift through. Don't envy them that task in the least.......... Ewwww.

TY for the update GB. Some highlights:

Powell is being represented by attorneys Mark T. Quigley and Travis R. Currie. Both are attorneys with the Pierce County Department of Assigned Counsel.

Interesting. The Department of Assigned Counsel provides attorneys for indigent people. SP owns a house, a car, and by looking at the photo of that bedroom, a whole lot of "stuff." I imagine he has some kind of retirement fund as well. I don't think it is fair the taxpayers have to pay for his defense when he has funds available to pay himself.

In a month or two, he will also be eligible for social security benefits, and I suspect he is already eligible for retirement benefits from his state job. That does not mean "indigent" to me. JMO.

Still no Susan. Ughh. All about Steve and Josh. What about Susan? Case is making me crazy.

...Thinking about you Susan....

Interesting. The Department of Assigned Counsel provides attorneys for indigent people. SP owns a house, a car, and by looking at the photo of that bedroom, a whole lot of "stuff." I imagine he has some kind of retirement fund as well. I don't think it is fair the taxpayers have to pay for his defense when he has funds available to pay himself.

In a month or two, he will also be eligible for social security benefits, and I suspect he is already eligible for retirement benefits from his state job. That does not mean "indigent" to me. JMO.
Indigent? Living in a gated community? Really? I'd love to see the Examiner shine us some light on this.

I'm glad there are people in this world that can step up and perform this job - I know that I wouldn't be able to do it. Ugh. I can barely stand to even look at the guy.

I agree that the delay is a good thing, LE needs the extra time to continue processing the evidence (yet another a job that I couldn't do).

Indigent? Living in a gated community? Really? I'd love to see the Examiner shine us some light on this.

I'd like for this to be investigated also, grayjay. It all just makes me so mad!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back