GUILTY FL - James Arthur, 80, Cape Coral, 27 October 2011

From winknews link upthread:

The video shows Kern at Hustlers Bar, where police say he made disturbing comments about his grandfather, James Arthur's, well being.

On Friday morning, police say someone match Kern's description tried using Arthur's credit card in Gainesville but it was denied.

Wow...this doesn't look good for Mr. Arthur.

Family members say the missing grandfather is diabetic, has Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease and doesn't have any of his medication.
Awww...

Popping in to check on Mr. Arthur. Although it seems unlikely, I was hoping he had been found safely by now. :(

The remains were clothed consistent with garments worn by James Arthur the day he was reported missing, officials said, adding they believe the body is his.

Positive identification still is pending

Detectives will be processing the scene for several hours and will be working with the Lee County Medical Examiner's Office to determine a cause of death, police said.

The Arthur family has been notified of the discovery and has asked for privacy.

Meanwhile, CCPD detectives are in Chicago interviewing Garrett Kern, Authur's grandson, who police say is a person of interest in his grandfather's disappearance.

http://www.cape-coral-daily-breeze....-found-off-Old-Burnt-Store-Road.html?nav=5011

R.I.P. Mr. Arthur :Rose: I am so sorry!

WTH???? This guy kills his grandfather? How awful and evil. I feel so badly for the family.

WTH???? This guy kills his grandfather? How awful and evil. I feel so badly for the family.

Especially since it sounds like his grandfather was trying to help him - considering he was his foster parent. Must be an evil child!

God Bless this poor family who has been through so much pain.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Arthur. :rose: You deserved so much better.

Condolences and blessings to his family and friends. :heart:

May justice be served.

From March 2013:

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/21698789/kern-admits-to-killing-grandfather-in-plea-deal#.VYdtb4v8FWY

Garrett Kern, the Cape Coral man accused of killing his grandfather, 80-year-old James Arthur, appeared in court to enter a plea deal on Tuesday... Kern entered a plea of no contest to the second-degree murder charge and grand theft charge...

Kern told Judge Edward J. Volz Jr. that his grandfather was driving him to his probation officer's office and they stopped at Arby's, where they got into a fight over things he had done in the past. Kern says things got heated and he choked his grandfather to death. He then says he went to a wooded area and dumped the body before going to a friend's house and Hustlers in Cape Coral before leaving for Georgia and Chicago.

Kern will serve a total of 38 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back