Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 352

Thread: Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,117

    Conrad Murray Trial - Day Twenty

    Well, it looks like we'll have Dr. White back for the continuation of his direct testimony. I'm hoping Flanagan will start asking questions that are relevant to this case at hand and quit telling us all of his studies and years of research that have nothing to do with Dr. Murray and MJ.

    I know the attorney has to go through a certain amount of questions to establish for the court and jury the witnesses level of expertise to which they are going to testify. But for heavens sake, he went well beyond that, bolstering the witness and took way to long to even begin touching on anything remotely relevant to this trial. IMO

    I'm going to have a caffeine overdose before the day is out if he continues in that same vein.

    Links.


    MajicAtl.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13173872342816


    TMZ
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13184268344095


    My Fox
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...p_131738713427


    News star.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13173871808373


    Click2Houston
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...173871975894ng


    CNN
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13184269652286


    LA LOCAL TIMES.
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13179300346441


    Upstream
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13179301284242


    ABC Local channel seven
    http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13179301490783


    ITUNE link.
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/affiliat.../?id=464322481
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

  2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,376
    Thanks Talina - and g'morning fellow sleuthers!

    Just watching the recap of Dr. White's testimony from yesterday on IS. So far, the only thing he's convinced me of is that he should be played by Crispin Glover in the made-for-tv movie.

    I hope he's got more than correcting Dr. Shafer's spelling in his bag of tricks, or this is gonna be

    another

    looooong

    day...


    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    Thanks Talina - and g'morning fellow sleuthers!

    Just watching the recap of Dr. White's testimony from yesterday on IS. So far, the only thing he's convinced me of is that he should be played by Crispin Glover in the made-for-tv movie.

    I hope he's got more than correcting Dr. Shafer's spelling in his bag of tricks, or this is gonna be

    another


    looooong

    day...
    I thought that was very petty yesterday when he said that and then bursted out laughing when Walgren objected and pointed out that was not Dr. Shafer's exhibit. His little dig at Dr. Shafer went down in flames and got Flanagan all flustered trying to find the right exhibit.
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

  6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    sitting on a cornflake
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    I thought that was very petty yesterday when he said that and then bursted out laughing when Walgren objected and pointed out that was not Dr. Shafer's exhibit. His little dig at Dr. Shafer went down in flames and got Flanagan all flustered trying to find the right exhibit.
    Don't you just love it when Flanagan winds up flustered?

    There's obviously a lot of personal/professional rivalry there with Drs. Shafer and White - well, at least on Dr. White's part!



    "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
    -Martin Luther King, Jr.



  8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Velouria For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Velouria View Post
    Don't you just love it when Flanagan winds up flustered?

    There's obviously a lot of personal/professional rivalry there with Drs. Shafer and White - well, at least on Dr. White's part!

    I love it when Dr White makes a joke.... and no one laughs!

    The jurors loved Dr Shafer. Not so much with Dr White!

    IMO

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    17,101
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    I love it when Dr White makes a joke.... and no one laughs!

    The jurors loved Dr Shafer. Not so much with Dr White!

    IMO
    I began to feel sorry for Dr. White since he was called Dr. Shafer so many times yesterday. By Flanny and even Judge Pastor.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,773
    Paris Hilton is going to be in court watching the trial???? WHY? (this is no longer a circus it is a zoo)
    Justice for Caylee

    "We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,117
    Oh. My. Word. IS just said Paris Hilton is going to be in the courtroom today. She must need some new media photo ops or something.
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,046
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

    WOW... a lot of very interesting thoughts & opinions this morning.... here & the previous thread!

    If I thought the thread from yesterday was going to continue this morning, I wouldn't have posted the TMI
    last night about my son, my cosmetic procedures & my up-coming colonoscopy... LOL ... altho I do appreciate any &
    all info on how yours went. And since I feel I know some of you so well now, I like hearing about your RL, DHs & DC!

    I hate that court may end early today! I've become so engrossed in this trial, that it's become the major part of my daily routine.
    Everything else has been put on the back-burner! I'm still not prepared for doing the much needed house cleaning & much needed physical exercise!

    And so... let the show begin!

  18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    17,101
    Ok I understand the delay now.

    Now that Jean has explained it... I understand turning over the software program results late. It seems once Dr. Shafer finally got the DT outside lab to send their SOP to the state and then the state got the CORRECT results from their toxicologist then the DT had to scurry back and change their graphs since they had used those incorrect results from the outside lab before they knew it was incorrect.

    What would the DT do if they didnt have Dr. Shafer to help them. LMAO!

    From what Beth just said the DT has chunked the gastric contents results out and are now going with what was found in the urine.


    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Ok I understand the delay now.

    Now that Jean has explained it... I understand turning over the software program results late. It seems once Dr. Shafer finally got the DT outside lab to send their SOP to the state and then the state got the CORRECT results from their toxicologist then the DT had to scurry back and change their graphs since they had used those incorrect results from the outside lab before they knew it was incorrect.

    What would the DT do if they didnt have Dr. Shafer to help them. LMAO!

    From what Beth just said the DT has chunked the gastric contents results out and are now going with what was found in the urine.


    Thanx, oceanblueeyes... you're always there with the answers when I don't get something or can't figure out WTH is going on!

    (No offense to other blondes, but blonde jokes pertain to me when it comes to a lot of the legal stuff. )

  22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    17,101
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    Thanx, oceanblueeyes... you're always there with the answers when I don't get something or can't figure out WTH is going on!

    (No offense to other blondes, but blonde jokes pertain to me when it comes to a lot of the legal stuff. )
    You are quite welcome, Peace.

    I am a blonde too (wink-wink) but only my hairstylist knows for sure.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  25. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Ok I understand the delay now.

    Now that Jean has explained it... I understand turning over the software program results late. It seems once Dr. Shafer finally got the DT outside lab to send their SOP to the state and then the state got the CORRECT results from their toxicologist then the DT had to scurry back and change their graphs since they had used those incorrect results from the outside lab before they knew it was incorrect.

    What would the DT do if they didnt have Dr. Shafer to help them. LMAO!

    From what Beth just said the DT has chunked the gastric contents results out and are now going with what was found in the urine.





    Well, now ocean, if ya ain't got flexibility, ya ain't got shizzz!

    Relax, maybe in a few weeks, they'll find the right way to nail poor little MJ.... I guess they're getting warmer, as you said, with Shafer's (er, ah, I mean Dr. Shafer's help.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:


  27. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

    WOW... a lot of very interesting thoughts & opinions this morning.... here & the previous thread!

    If I thought the thread from yesterday was going to continue this morning, I wouldn't have posted the TMI
    last night about my son, my cosmetic procedures & my up-coming colonoscopy... LOL ... altho I do appreciate any &
    all info on how yours went. And since I feel I know some of you so well now, I like hearing about your RL, DHs & DC!

    I hate that court may end early today! I've become so engrossed in this trial, that it's become the major part of my daily routine.
    Everything else has been put on the back-burner! I'm still not prepared for doing the much needed house cleaning & much needed physical exercise!

    And so... let the show begin!
    BBM -- Well, peace my colon-cousin, that dirt, that dust, the little spots on the hardwoods and the gunk in the bathroom (mine, anyway) and those dirty towels will be faithfully waiting for you when this trial is over. That's the way it is in my house anyway....

    A belated Good Morning to all Sleuthers! Altho it is pm here in the Far East...


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:


  29. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by borndem View Post
    BBM -- Well, peace my colon-cousin, that dirt, that dust, the little spots on the hardwoods and the gunk in the bathroom (mine, anyway) and those dirty towels will be faithfully waiting for you when this trial is over. That's the way it is in my house anyway....

    A belated Good Morning to all Sleuthers! Altho it is pm here in the Far East...
    Hi borndem, (colon-cousin LOL)... we missed you this morning!

    I went to bed late last night & got up early, so after court ended today, I took a nap! (AKA going back to bed)

    I did think about house work, but that made me even more tired.

  30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:


  31. #16
    Oh, when I was listening to a bit of White's testimony in my vehicle yesterday, I noted that Flanagan brought up Shafer's ex-wife again. Seems to me they are trying to slip some dirt in there. It's really disgusting.

  32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to outofstatelawyer For This Useful Post:


  33. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,773
    Quote Originally Posted by outofstatelawyer View Post
    Oh, when I was listening to a bit of White's testimony in my vehicle yesterday, I noted that Flanagan brought up Shafer's ex-wife again. Seems to me they are trying to slip some dirt in there. It's really disgusting.
    That is what I was thinking too. Sleezy tactic, not gonna work imo.
    Justice for Caylee

    "We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

  34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:


  35. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,117
    Has anyone heard whether or not Dr. Shafer was in the court room yesterday watching Dr.White's testimony?
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

  36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:


  37. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    17,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    Has anyone heard whether or not Dr. Shafer was in the court room yesterday watching Dr.White's testimony?
    I dont believe he was because if he had been that would have made news, imo.

    He probably already knows what White is going to say anyway.

    IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:


  39. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    Has anyone heard whether or not Dr. Shafer was in the court room yesterday watching Dr.White's testimony?
    I can't remember who said it on the previous thread, but s/he said that while watching IS yesterday morning,
    it showed Dr Shafer going into the courthouse with ... I think ... Dr White!??!

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to peace9274 For This Useful Post:


  41. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    6,915
    Quote Originally Posted by peace9274 View Post
    I can't remember who said it on the previous thread, but s/he said that while watching IS yesterday morning,
    it showed Dr Shafer going into the courthouse with ... I think ... Dr White!??!
    .

    That was I -- I saw it on IS during the time when they are outside the courtroom watching for the Jackson family to arrive.

    This showing could have been a clip of Shafer & White when Shafer came for his original testimony -- since White had been there during those days earlier, but the IS'ers spoke as if it were yesterday, but since it hasn't been mentioned, I'm wondering if it may have been an older scene. Heyell, who knoze??
    Last edited by borndem; 10-28-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: spelling


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.
    _________________


    This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II



    The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:


  43. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,773
    What does any of this have to do with what CM is charged with? I am sure this is facinating to Dr. White, but frankly I don't see the point.
    Justice for Caylee

    "We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

  44. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:


  45. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,773
    Now on to lorazapam again. Of course we all know who gave him the lorazapam.
    Justice for Caylee

    "We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

  46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:


  47. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,773
    LOL Dr. Shafer, er, uh , Dr. White....
    Justice for Caylee

    "We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

  48. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:


  49. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,117
    I found Dr. Shafer much more easier to understand than Dr. White.


    Oh..did he just say he can't explain something on the graph because he isn't an expert on pharmocokinetics?
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

  50. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Conrad Murray trial -Day nine.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 319
    Last Post: 10-11-2011, 05:30 PM
  2. Conrad Murray trial -Day six.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 188
    Last Post: 10-05-2011, 11:56 AM
  3. Conrad Murray trial -Day four.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 285
    Last Post: 10-03-2011, 09:02 PM
  4. Conrad Murray trial -Day three.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 390
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 05:38 PM
  5. Conrad Murray trial -Day two.
    By Soulmagent in forum Conrad Murray
    Replies: 229
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 12:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •