GUILTY IN - Daniel Goens for raping 16yo girl, Indianapolis, 2011

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-monr...thursday-20111027,0,5402590.column?hpt=ju_bn5

Daniel Goens

"I noticed that he was, you know, kind of flirty with the girls," said a student.

Goens and his wife asked her to babysit his kids at his Indianapolis home. When she showed up, though, she said she found herself alone with Goens.

Goens is charged with rape, criminal deviate conduct, criminal confinement and two counts of child seduction.

So if his wife was involved in asking her to babysit, was this the plan?

It sounds to me that either the wife knew the plan or Goens totally hoodwinked her too. This simply cannot be the first time this guy pulled this. Poor girl must have been terrified. The $20 payment just kills me. How many hours of therapy is that going to take to work out? And they did NOT have a "relationship" as the article described it. Jeesh.

From peeples' link:

"....The police report also stated Goens sent inappropriate text messages to the student and would threaten to rape her if she did not send him nude pictures of herself.

She said that one day at school, Goens came up to her and pinned her against the wall and began to kiss her.

Then this May, she told police, Goens and his wife asked her to babysit his kids at his Indianapolis home. When she showed up, though, she said she found herself alone with Goens. She said her teacher refused to take her home. Instead, he forced her clothes off and had sex with her. She said he then took her back home and paid her $20 for the babysitting...."

I'm not by any means defending this , but why would the girl argee to babysit for this man after he pinned her against the wall & kissed her and threatened her if she didn't send nude photos of herself to him?

I'm not by any means defending this , but why would the girl argee to babysit for this man after he pinned her against the wall & kissed her and threatened her if she didn't send nude photos of herself to him?

You took the words right out of my mouth.

We don't blame the victim. Please keep in mind that this is a teenager, and the dude was her teacher. He has power and authority over her.

This is not her fault - whether she went to babysit or not - this is not her fault.

This post lands at random!

Salem

I have never, nor would I ever blame a rape victim for being raped. It was simply a question to stir up more conversation as to what type of hold this teacher had on this girl and why.

I can see that my post was taken the wrong way and I'd like to clear that up as I would never want to be seen as the type of person who would blame someone for being raped.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back