AZ AZ - Susan Cassell, 35, Glendale, 3 Jan 1991

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
SCassell.jpg

Susan Carol Cassell

Missing since January 3, 1991 from Glendale, Maricopa County, Arizona.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: September 14, 1955
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7, 140 lbs
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Green eyes; brown hair. Her ears are pierced. She wears contact lenses and glasses.
•Marks, Scars: She has a birth mark on the back of her neck.
•Jewelry: At the time of her disappearance she wore a nurses pin, a jade brooch, sapphire diamond earrings, a sapphire necklace, a sapphire ring, her wedding rings and some costume jewelry.
•Medical Conditions: She was pregnant at the time of her disappearance.
•AKA: Susan S. Cassell, Susan Carol Stinnett, Susan Carol Smith

Circumstances of Disappearance
Susan's husband, James F. Cassell, told authorities that his wife returned home unexpectedly from work on January 3, 1991 in Glendale, Arizona. Susan was employed as a nurse at Boswell Memorial Hospital in Sun City, Arizona at the time. James stated that she left their young child in his care, then departed from their residence. Susan has not been seen again. She joined the United States Army prior to her marriage to James. The couple lived in Nevada for a time before returning to Arizona. James received a divorce from Susan in February 1992, over a year after she was last seen. James reportedly moved to Pennsylvania with their son afterwards. Susan's case remains unsolved. Her vehicle had not been removed from the residence and uncashed paychecks were not picked up. She had no known medical or personal problems and has not made contact with any family members. She has not been seen since. Investigators suspect that foul play was involved in her disappearance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Glendale Police Department
623-930-3314

Agency Case Number: 91-19748

NCIC Number:
M-739499123
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
NMCO
NamUs

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/584dfaz.html

It ihas been hard to find much information on this case but I'm trying. When I read the story of her disappearence the first case that popped in my head was Susan Powell, alot of similarity ...

I'll keep looking :)

Police - Cold Case Information
Susan Cassell - Case number 91-19748

On January 3, 1991, Susan Cassell went to work as a nurse for Boswell Hospital. Susan worked as a nurse for a temporary service in the medical field in the Phoenix Metro area. Susan’s husband Jim Cassell took his son on an overnight camping trip on the same day Susan last went to work. When Jim and his son returned Susan was not at the home. Jim contacted Glendale Police on January 4, and filed a report saying Susan did not return home, and he had no idea where she was. Relatives of Susan contacted Glendale Police one month later and reported her as missing. Relatives reported there were problems in Susan’s marriage, but she never spoke about any other problems in her life. Relatives report Susan would never have abandoned her child to disappear on her own. As of this time there has been no further contact with Susan, and her disappearance remains a mystery. Please complete the form below to submit a tip online.

http://www.glendaleaz.com/police/ColdCase_SusanCassell.cfm

Why are the two stories so different? One says her husband claims she returned home from work unexpectedly while the other says she didn't return at all.

Why do authorities suspect foul play?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Apparently she returned home after her shift. Then her husband and son went camping in the middle of the night. I'm sure the son knows something, but will more then likely protect his father.

Any new information on this case? Lots of unanswered questions.
I would suspect the father, who moved out of Arizona, murdered her and took his son on a “camping trip” to hide Susan’s body. If I were investigating i would’ve checked his car for evidence or mileage of last trip but authorities really dropped ball on this one.

I would suspect the father, who moved out of Arizona, murdered her and took his son on a “camping trip” to hide Susan’s body. If I were investigating i would’ve checked his car for evidence or mileage of last trip but authorities really dropped ball on this one.
Yes. If I was a detective assigned to this case I would take another run at the boy. I agree. He knows probably more than he shared at the very least what their relationship might have really been like. Its been several decades now so maybe there is some remorse?

I have the impression that she escaped... on the day of her disappearance she called her mother on the phone and told her that she was tired of working double shifts... I think she meant more than tired of double shifts... tired of her marriage. ...which I don't understand why she left her son if he is not guilty of anything...maybe the father convinced him that she was bad and that she would soon go somewhere else and that they would leave the state... Maybe she was depressed, she didn't want to continue like this...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine