1143 users online (267 members and 876 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    A thought occurs...

    What if it had been another child instead of JB killed that night?

    Imagine: What if a friend of JB's had spent the night and ended up dead instead?

    Do you think the case would've been prosecuted differently? The other family would have surely put some more pressure on the BPD for answers/a suspect.

    Do you think that in the end the DA/BPD didn't go for the jugular because the suspected perps were also relatives/'victims' and presented a low/no risk of re-offending?

    I remember reading about a case once where a mother left her baby in a car to go into a store for a moment and the baby accidentally got strangled by the automatic window. Technically, the police could have charged her with child negligence or manslaughter or whatever, but they didn't do so because of the emotional damage already done to the mother by virtue of losing her child.

    Think something like that could have played a part?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,871
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    What if it had been another child instead of JB killed that night?

    Imagine: What if a friend of JB's had spent the night and ended up dead instead?

    Do you think the case would've been prosecuted differently? The other family would have surely put some more pressure on the BPD for answers/a suspect.

    Do you think that in the end the DA/BPD didn't go for the jugular because the suspected perps were also relatives/'victims' and presented a low/no risk of re-offending?

    I remember reading about a case once where a mother left her baby in a car to go into a store for a moment and the baby accidentally got strangled by the automatic window. Technically, the police could have charged her with child negligence or manslaughter or whatever, but they didn't do so because of the emotional damage already done to the mother by virtue of losing her child.

    Think something like that could have played a part?
    horatio,
    It has been proposed as a theory that indeed one of Burke's friends was staying overnight, and that they killed JonBenet with the friend secretly returning home in the dead of the night, after he and Burke placed JonBenet into the wine-cellar, with Burke finally retiring to bed.

    Do you think that in the end the DA/BPD didn't go for the jugular because the suspected perps were also relatives/'victims' and presented a low/no risk of re-offending?
    No, there was a conspiracy to fix things so that it appeared as if a lone intruder killed JonBenet. This is why Lou Smit was hired, he lent gravitas to the psychotic pedophile theory. He was also used to characterize the Ramsey's as a family with strong Christian values. Then there are the Tracy documentaries full of add on spin, and misquoting, any compotent journalist would recognize all of this as a PR job!

    Some people think the initial BPD response was They Let It Happen, others think, They Made It Happen. Personally I reckon, allowing Auntie Pam into the Ramsey house to do her supermarket shopping spree, makes me plumb for the latter.

    I consider the death of JonBenet to be a sexually motivated homicide. Another theory proposed including the one above implicating Burke is that of EA (Erotic Asphyxiation). Now this has usually been employed with JonBenet as the recipient via the garrote.

    A case here in the UK has allowed me to reconsider this, since as a fetish it patently exists. That is the strangulation of women for erotic pleasure, apparently there are websites dedicated to this subject.

    Here is the case in point:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ty-murder.html

    Vincent Tabak's profile is interesting since he just like the Ramsey's appeared perfectly normal, and educated to PhD level, part of his thesis related to behavioural psychology. Yet he manifested a personality disorder that took the form of Erotic Asphyxiation. He viewed the porn, indulged himself with prostitutes, stateside, all whilst keeping his activities and his fetish a secret from his girlfriend, friends and family.

    So I reckon the theory that someone sexually molested JonBenet whilst concurrently strangling her thus giving the perpetrator erotic pleasure is credible.


    .
    Last edited by UKGuy; 10-29-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: bad url

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,769
    I think that in that scenario, it would have just come down to whoever had more money/power. If LHP's child had been spending the night, she wouldn't be getting justice. But if it had been the child of a couple with just as much money/connections as the Ramseys, that would've been an interesting battle.

    I think that Boulder knew that Patsy had a low risk of reoffending, so they weren't too worried about what it would do for their PR if she killed again.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I think that in that scenario, it would have just come down to whoever had more money/power. If LHP's child had been spending the night, she wouldn't be getting justice. But if it had been the child of a couple with just as much money/connections as the Ramseys, that would've been an interesting battle.

    I think that Boulder knew that Patsy had a low risk of reoffending, so they weren't too worried about what it would do for their PR if she killed again.
    I'm inclined to agree. I honestly believe that if it was another wealthy family's child that died that night at a sleepover or something, someone would be in jail for the crime right now.

    It was a bizarre scenario for the BPD and I'm sure there was a conversation between the higher ups at some point that went something like this:

    Look, we're 99% sure JR/PR did this, but they've got tons of money/high priced lawyers, etc. and if we lay charges there's gonna be a *****storm and we're gonna end up taking a lot of flak. The vic is their child and the chances of them re-offending is minimal. It might be best for everyone to not pursue this one too aggressively.

    I believe as far as the BPD is concerned, they know who the killer/killers are, but simply can't prove anything. They can't officially close the case, so they try to give the appearance that they are looking for other suspects. However, IMO, any movement on the case is just an act. This one will probably forever remain a solved-but-officially-unsolved cold case.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,871
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. I honestly believe that if it was another wealthy family's child that died that night at a sleepover or something, someone would be in jail for the crime right now.

    It was a bizarre scenario for the BPD and I'm sure there was a conversation between the higher ups at some point that went something like this:

    Look, we're 99% sure JR/PR did this, but they've got tons of money/high priced lawyers, etc. and if we lay charges there's gonna be a *****storm and we're gonna end up taking a lot of flak. The vic is their child and the chances of them re-offending is minimal. It might be best for everyone to not pursue this one too aggressively.

    I believe as far as the BPD is concerned, they know who the killer/killers are, but simply can't prove anything. They can't officially close the case, so they try to give the appearance that they are looking for other suspects. However, IMO, any movement on the case is just an act. This one will probably forever remain a solved-but-officially-unsolved cold case.
    horatio,
    The R's do not want the case closed. This is why it has cold case status. If it was closed all the evidence would become available in the public domain!


    .

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,769
    But wasn't the case closed back in the early 2000s? I remember that they reopened the case in late 2008/early 2009 so that would imply that the case had been closed for a few years.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,871
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    But wasn't the case closed back in the early 2000s? I remember that they reopened the case in late 2008/early 2009 so that would imply that the case had been closed for a few years.
    eileenhawkeye,
    All unsolved homicide cases are never closed. But in reality most go into the freezer or the back of the filing cabinet, never to return.

    Team Ramsey attempted to suggest the case had closure through the discovery of foreign touch-dna on JonBenet and the debacle over JM Karr.


    .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    Do you think that in the end the DA/BPD didn't go for the jugular because the suspected perps were also relatives/'victims' and presented a low/no risk of re-offending?
    I have OFTEN thought that. Like I said earlier, Alex Hunter came close to admitting that.

    I remember reading about a case once where a mother left her baby in a car to go into a store for a moment and the baby accidentally got strangled by the automatic window. Technically, the police could have charged her with child negligence or manslaughter or whatever, but they didn't do so because of the emotional damage already done to the mother by virtue of losing her child.

    Think something like that could have played a part?
    I do indeed, at least as far as Alex Hunter was concerned. Far as ML goes, I think it was more a case of working a political agenda and the simple fact that live "victims" give better campaign sound-bites than dead ones.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    No, there was a conspiracy to fix things so that it appeared as if a lone intruder killed JonBenet. This is why Lou Smit was hired, he lent gravitas to the psychotic pedophile theory. He was also used to characterize the Ramsey's as a family with strong Christian values.
    I hate to say it, but I've sometimes thought that. Given his behavior, and that of members of the DA's office I would not be one BIT surprised if someone like Trip DeMuth got in his ear from the very start, and that was that.

    Then there are the Tracy documentaries full of add on spin, and misquoting, any competent journalist would recognize all of this as a PR job!
    True enough! Unfortunately, when it comes to this case, trying to find a competent journalist is like trying to raise the Titanic with tweezers. (Carol McKinley is the only one I can think of!)
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio View Post
    It was a bizarre scenario for the BPD and I'm sure there was a conversation between the higher ups at some point that went something like this:

    Look, we're 99% sure JR/PR did this, but they've got tons of money/high priced lawyers, etc. and if we lay charges there's gonna be a *****storm and we're gonna end up taking a lot of flak. The vic is their child and the chances of them re-offending is minimal. It might be best for everyone to not pursue this one too aggressively.
    Truth be told, horatio, I can imagine the Rs' lawyers telling the DA that, Mafia-style. So allow me a slight rewriting:

    Look, do you really want to spend millions of taxpayer dollars on a trial you can't possibly win? You haven't got a chance. We're personal friends of the president, and you guys don't even take cases to trial. And just what good would it do you to put Patsy in prison, anyway? Every expert you get, we'll get ten more. Etc., etc.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by UKGuy View Post
    horatio,
    The R's do not want the case closed. This is why it has cold case status. If it was closed all the evidence would become available in the public domain!
    UKGuy, you just nailed it! I've been asked many times: if LE is not actively pursuing this case, why bother acting like they are? And I keep telling them the same answer: because that's the only way the evidence stays secret!

    I'm not just talking out my nether regions, either. Imagine how much differently things might have gone in the Chris Wolf suit if Hoffman had access to the police file. (Having a judge with an IQ higher than 60 would have helped too, but I'll get to THAT later!)

    Indeed, that almost happened. When the Rs sued FOX News, those guys knew the score, and they TRIED to get the police file. They filed motions in court for the DA to release it to them. Nothing ever came of it, because the judge in that case threw the suit out before anyone got up to bat. Not that I disagree with his decision--it was a ridiculous suit to begin with, and I'm personally sickened by how Lin Wood uses this dead girl's body as his own personal ATM machine--but I almost wish it HAD gone forward, because it would have been very interesting to see what legal excuse ML would have used to justify not releasing it.

    Personally, I don't think it's just the EVIDENCE that they don't want becoming public. I think it's also all of the dirty little secrets the DA's office wants to remain hush-hush. I had this conversation with someone a few years ago on another forum. This person, an IDI all full of p*** and vinegar, proudly crowed that a Grand Jury should be called to investigate the Boulder police department for misconduct in this case. My response?

    "Hey, that's a GREAT idea! But I'd go even further: let's have them investigate the DA's office, the Haddon law firm and Lou Smit while they're at it!"

    The conversation was VERY quickly dropped.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    But wasn't the case closed back in the early 2000s? I remember that they reopened the case in late 2008/early 2009 so that would imply that the case had been closed for a few years.
    Not quite, eileen. As usual, the media couldn't be bothered to get the facts right. This case was never closed, thus it could not be re-opened. You're thinking of when the case was taken away from the police department, under circumstances I'm still not sure were legal, and when the police got it back.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    No UNSOLVED murder case can ever be closed. There is no Statute of Limitations in murder cases.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,871
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    I hate to say it, but I've sometimes thought that. Given his behavior, and that of members of the DA's office I would not be one BIT surprised if someone like Trip DeMuth got in his ear from the very start, and that was that.



    True enough! Unfortunately, when it comes to this case, trying to find a competent journalist is like trying to raise the Titanic with tweezers. (Carol McKinley is the only one I can think of!)
    SuperDave,
    With hindsight I reckon something like this occurred. Remember how quickly John was legally represented, well parallel to this I'll bet you someone suggested you need a PI, someone with a good record. Then we can actively tell the media its was an IDI and we have a PI on the case. [/i]This is your optimal PR strategy John[/i]


    .

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Truth be told, horatio, I can imagine the Rs' lawyers telling the DA that, Mafia-style. So allow me a slight rewriting:

    Look, do you really want to spend millions of taxpayer dollars on a trial you can't possibly win? You haven't got a chance. We're personal friends of the president, and you guys don't even take cases to trial. And just what good would it do you to put Patsy in prison, anyway? Every expert you get, we'll get ten more. Etc., etc.
    Sounds about right to me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL - Urban legend scare actually occurs
    By wfgodot in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2015, 11:18 AM
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 12:45 PM
  3. 'Supermoon' Alert: Biggest Full Moon of 2012 Occurs This Week
    By Dark Knight in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 02:26 PM
  4. Bullying Occurs in Churches, Too
    By MacPlus512 in forum Bullies and Stalkers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 12:46 PM