FBI Considers Juggalos, Fans Of Insane Clown Posse, A Gang In Annual Report

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
I thought this was extremely interesting. Some of the cases here involve a victim with connections to someone (and maybe a POI, like SA in Hailey Dunn's case) who is a Juggalo.

Of course, I don't believe all fans of ICP participate in gang-related behaviors, but there obviously is a trend if the FBI is seeing a connection also.

FBI Considers Juggalos, Fans Of Insane Clown Posse, A Gang In Annual Report

The FBI is monitoring a growing gang with members across the country who dress in customary colors, assemble for rowdy annual meetings and control the trade of an obscure Midwestern soft drink. They are Juggalos.

In a report on emerging gang trends, federal investigators revealed that they have their eyes on the loyal fans of the horrorcore group Insane Clown Posse.

Known as Juggalos, the followers of the Detroit rap act are famous for their clownish make-up, annual "Gathering of the Juggalos" celebration and their love for the soda Faygo.

But Juggalo "subsets exhibit gang-like behavior and engage in criminal activity and violence," the FBI alleges in a document first reported by Wired.

More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/29/fbi-considers-juggalos-a-gang_n_1065110.html

These are the folks that dress up like creepy clowns, right?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggalo"]Juggalo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

There have been several incidents of criminal activity attributed to self-identified Juggalos.[10][11][12][13] Some media outlets have attributed the incidents to the music produced by Psychopathic Records. Although Juggalos have denied any connection to gang activity,[6] authorities have classified them as a gang in Utah;[14] Arizona;[6] Monroe County, Pennsylvania;[15][16] and Modesto, California.[17] Because of this, some schools have prohibited students from wearing Insane Clown Posse related paraphernalia.[18][19]

Psychopathic Records and Insane Clown Posse have repeatedly denounced violence within the fandom. Alex Abbiss, former CEO of Psychopathic Records, has suggested that many of the incidents had been committed by crazy individuals that only claim to be Juggalos as an excuse for their actions.[20]

In 2011, the FBI listed Juggalos in its National Gang Threat Assessment, stating that "many Juggalos subsets exhibit gang-like behavior and engage in criminal activity and violence".[

My nephew is a juggalo, but not of any criminal persuasion. I will have to give him a good ribbing on FB about his newly announced gang status.

If a gang is defined as an organized group of criminals, I am not seeing the connection to kids that paint their faces creepy, like a particular music band and drink a particular soda pop.

I guess they should probably call all Kiss fans a gang too.

(btw I despise the music of ICP and the culture of juggalos but I just do not understand how they can be called a gang)

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/2011-national-gang-threat-assessment

Most crimes committed by Juggalos are sporadic, disorganized, individualistic, and often involve simple assault, personal drug use and possession, petty theft, and vandalism. However, open source reporting suggests that a small number of Juggalos are forming more organized subsets and engaging in more gang-like criminal activity, such as felony assaults, thefts, robberies, and drug sales. Social networking websites are a popular conveyance for Juggalo sub-culture to communicate and expand.

Juggalos’ disorganization and lack of structure within their groups, coupled with their transient nature, makes it difficult to classify them and identify their members and migration patterns. Many criminal Juggalo sub-sets are comprised of transient or homeless individuals, according to law enforcement reporting. Most Juggalo criminal groups are not motivated to migrate based upon traditional needs of a gang. However, law enforcement reporting suggests that Juggalo criminal activity has increased over the past several years and has expanded to several other states. Transient, criminal Juggalo groups pose a threat to communities due to the potential for violence, drug use/sales, and their general destructive and violent nature.

Great, all we need is a bunch of little punk Juggalo kids running around thinking they are actually "gangsta" now because the FBI says so.

I used to listen to ICP and sometimes still do, I've been to several of their shows too and I always have a good time.. but I never considered myself a Juggalette and found the people who do, try way to hard to be one. Just my opinion..

I think they are looking at a subset of Juggalos, not all of them?

Most crimes committed by Juggalos are sporadic, disorganized, individualistic, and often involve simple assault, personal drug use and possession, petty theft, and vandalism.

So basically, sometimes juggalos indulge in criminal behavior. hmmm. Kinda like sometimes people who listen to rap music sometimes engage in criminal behavior. And people who listen to country music sometimes engage in criminal behavior. And people who listen to Cypress Hill and other "pothead" type music sometimes engage in criminal behavior.

So we have learned that no matter what style of music they prefer, people who engage in criminal behavior probably have a favorite type.

Interesting.

Sorry, not really trying to make light, but I think the FBI is reaching a bit. JMO

I think they are looking at a subset of Juggalos, not all of them?

I think you are right, which is why I think they are sort of on the wrong track by labeling Juggalos in general as a "gang"

If a gang is defined as an organized group of criminals, I am not seeing the connection to kids that paint their faces creepy, like a particular music band and drink a particular soda pop.

I guess they should probably call all Kiss fans a gang too.

(btw I despise the music of ICP and the culture of juggalos but I just do not understand how they can be called a gang)

I love Faygo. :crazy:

ETA: I just remembered that I have some ICP on my ipod. I promise, I am not a gang member.

Can i just tell you? I know they are a popular group BUT I have researched 5 disappearances lately where at least one of the key players OR the victims considered themselves a juggalo or juggalette!
This includes
Katelyn Markham (was a fan of ICP and had lots of friends that considered themselves juggheads (my word LOL)
Billy DiSilvestro (tattoo that he was a juggalo)
Carina Saunders (Cody Perez)
Lisa Irwin (Megan Wright)
Hailey Dunn!

Don't forget Ms. Alyssa Bustamente claimed to be a jugalette, killed her 9 year old neighbor/sibling's playmate because she wanted to know what it felt like to kill someone too.

But I think like with any sort of music, movie or video game. The music, game or movie is not to blame. They have warnings for a reason. Many of the fans of these items should not be having access to them as they are adult and/or violent in nature. I have to ask, in the instances where minor "jugallos" are involved "where are they parents/adult decision makers in these kids lives who are allowing them to access these materials?"

I still stand by my opinion that music doesn't make a criminal or a gang. People do that all on their own. If a "subset" or group of a particular fan base of a particular variety of music engages in organized criminal activity, to me, it doesn't warrant calling that entire fan base a "gang".

OT and apologies in advance:

Deelytful, can you fill me in on this. I had to step away from Little Lisa's case for a minute so I am unfamiliar with this person you listed or her connection to the case. TIA

I normally hate to label people for their choice of music, but some music points to a mind set that sensationalizes gore and violence, and breaking the laws. It's way different than just a little angst when hacking people becomes cool. Wearing a hatchet symbol is not a peace sign. I have no problem with the FBI calling them a gang of people who should be watched. Reading that first murder story depressed me a great deal. Too many misguided young people have become fascinated with taking someone else's life as though it's an experience they have to try. Ugh.

OT and apologies in advance:

Deelytful, can you fill me in on this. I had to step away from Little Lisa's case for a minute so I am unfamiliar with this person you listed or her connection to the case. TIA

This is the girl who received the 2:30 in the morning phone call from one of DBs phones....

I, on the other, moved on after the summer of '95. Some call the juggalo lifestyle a culture, or maybe even a community, but I think it shares more similarities with cults — though I don't think Violent J or 2 Dope imagine themselves as messiahs of any kind. They've just enjoyed getting rich off the emotionally misdirected. For awhile there, I let them take advantage of me too. Then I grew up, and that's something ICP and many of their fans have never had to do.
BBM

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2007-05-10/music/confessions-of-an-ex-juggalo/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee