898 users online (112 members and 786 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Brian Pardo and Darlie's Defense

Here's another article from the Dallas Observer:

Defending Darlie
    Wealthy Waco businessman Brian Pardo spends his time and money helping death-row inmates he believes are innocent. His efforts on behalf of Darlie Routier have raised suspicions about her husband--and about Pardo's motives.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues...s/feature.html

Jeana that was some very interesting reading thank you for posting it. I wonder if Brian Pardo is still helping with Darlie's defense..

I believe that he's still paying the defense costs.

Chris always thought that Pardo wanted to "Do her". I think Chris was jelous. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I believe that he's still paying the defense costs.
    I think Pardo's been out of the picture for quite some time, DP. Darin's family washed their hands of him when Darin failed the polygraph.

As far as I'm concerned, Brian Pardo is an eccentric fruitcake. If you asked him what evidence convicted Darlie, he'd probably say, "Darlie who?" I'd bet he doesn't have a clue about this case, other than the media attention he so dearly sought.

Mary, "Darin's" family doesn' have squat to say about Darlie's defense. Its Darlie Kee whose running the show and she'll not only throw Darin under the bus, but if she thought it could get Darlie out of prison, Sharilda would be under there too.

"Mary, "Darin's" family doesn' have squat to say about Darlie's defense."

That may well be true. I was simply saying that I haven't heard a word about Brian Pardo being involved in Darlie's case for several years.

Sooo, he's still funding her defense? Media hound that he is, I thought we would have heard something from the little sheister in the last three years!

What is there left to say? She's lost every appeal she's had. They keep claiming that they've got all this new evidence, but they're hanging on to it in hopes of getting a second trial that will never happen. It seems to me that the only way the higher courts are going to hear anything new is in the media. If her attorneys have a get out of jail free card in the way of solid concrete evidence, they should be shouting it from the rooftops instead of waiting until the day she's executed and then say well . . . no one would listen to us.

Exactly, Jeana.

Darlie's family seems to focus their claims for a new trial on a) mysterious evidence never introduced and b) mistakes by the court reporter. With the mistakes shown to be not worthy of a new trial, and the evidence still mysteriously hidden--I think that new trial is about as likely to happen as a blue norther in August.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the judges at the appellate level seem to reserve their verdict overturning/new trial orders for those defendants burdened by poverty, inept defense, and obvious evidence discrepancies (such as those from the Harris County crime lab problems) NOT for defendants such as Darlie...whose defense seemed to my cynical mind to imply that because she was a white surburban mother, she couldn't possibly have killed her children.

The appellate court in Texas is going to see that Darlie was defended by one of the best criminal defense attorneys in the State of Texas. Its going to read the other decisions from the lower courts to see what was considered in rendering their opinion. Its too late for new evidence. The defense will need to try and prove that the trial was some how unfair or that her rights were violated in some way. Frankly, I don't see how she could possibly stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Here's another article from the Dallas Observer:

Defending Darlie
    Wealthy Waco businessman Brian Pardo spends his time and money helping death-row inmates he believes are innocent. His efforts on behalf of Darlie Routier have raised suspicions about her husband--and about Pardo's motives.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/issues...s/feature.html
    I just read this article...frankly, this journalist did a better job defending Darlie than her own lawyer did...

I've never known quite what to think about Darlie re: guilt or innocence, but I have always believed that there is no way her guilt was proven beyond a reasonable doubt...as this article indicates, there are lots of doubts, lots of unanswered questions...
    Fritzy's Tip of the Day:

In addition to being yummy, crunchy, all-natural snacks, dead flies make excellent hockey pucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzy's Mom
    I just read this article...frankly, this journalist did a better job defending Darlie than her own lawyer did...

I've never known quite what to think about Darlie re: guilt or innocence, but I have always believed that there is no way her guilt was proven beyond a reasonable doubt...as this article indicates, there are lots of doubts, lots of unanswered questions...
    You are absolutely right about Mulder! This has to be one of the all-time worst efforts by an attorney to defend a client. Fritzy could have done better for Darlie!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by accordn2me
    Fritzy could have done better for Darlie!
    LOL...He thinks so too!
    Fritzy's Tip of the Day:

In addition to being yummy, crunchy, all-natural snacks, dead flies make excellent hockey pucks.

Read the transcript, please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritzy's Mom
    It's unfortunate that some people think so little of our judicial system that they'd base their opinion of guilt or innocence on a magazine article or a talk show.

There is only one way to approach this case: read the trial transcript (and I mean, really, really read it) and then watch the media spin on Darlie's website.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary456
    It's unfortunate that some people think so little of our judicial system that they'd base their opinion of guilt or innocence on a magazine article or a talk show.
    Actually, if you read my post, I said that I have not been able to form an opinion about Darlie's guilt or innocence. I have read many of the trial transcripts, though, and, IMO, there is reasonable doubt. The fact that there are so many people still asking so many questions seems to supprt my opinion.

There is only one way to approach this case: read the trial transcript (and I mean, really, really read it) and then watch the media spin on Darlie's website.
    Thank you. I have read many of the trial transcripts - not all of them - but enought to form an intelligent opinion about the article referenced above.

Have you read it? The article is well-written, thoughtful and factual. The author does a good job of persuading readers to look at the evidence from a defense standpoint; his arguments are clear and strong. During much of the trial, I believe, Mr. Mulder allowed prosecution witnesses to leave the stand without doing much to counter their testimony. Also, his closing argument was, IMO, weak. Of course, the prosecution could put their spin on much of what is argued in this article - that's their job - but, as I said, this author did a better job of putting forth a defense than Mr. Mulder did.
    Fritzy's Tip of the Day:

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast