697 users online (86 members and 611 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 229
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931

    Cyndy Short: "I will continue to search for Baby Lisa" PC tomorrow

    http://www.kmbz.com/Cyndy-Short--I-w...by-Li/11333882

    Bizarre turn of events here.
    "Cyndy Short: I will continue to search for Baby Lisa

    The local attorney, who is no longer counsel for the parents of missing Baby Lisa says in a statement released today (Sunday) that she will continue to search for the child as a concerned citizen. Cyndy Short announced Friday she was no longer the family's local attorney after reports surfaced that Short and lead attorney Joe Tacopina were butting heads after Tacopina tried to fire her. Short is holding a news conference about the search for Baby Lisa tomorrow morning. Bay Lisa has been missing nearly four weeks."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    I just have a hard time believing that after leaving a case (her choice or the family/jt's) it is ethical to start holding press conferences and saying she is going to stay involved/continue to search/work on it whatever.

    At least without the family's ok and then that should have been put in the release today

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,591
    Like I said in the other thread, I wonder what she has to say? Hope this isn't the road to another cancellation.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    76
    I would like to hear from someone, anyone with enough legal knowledge to explain how and if this is ethical?? Thanks Silk for being braver than me

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Nannn View Post
    I would like to hear from someone, anyone with enough legal knowledge to explain how and if this is ethical?? Thanks Silk for being braver than me
    Yes we need legal eagles here. Your description of "down the rabbit hole" fits perfectly. Talk about a circus

    curious...i wonder about that too but if she isn't on the case she can't cancel anything but her own press conference! I think!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    19,149
    She still has the website up http://www.findbabylisa.com/

    I'm hoping a lawyer will post about what a lawyer is and is not allowed to do when they are fired or quits a case.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Nannn View Post
    I would like to hear from someone, anyone with enough legal knowledge to explain how and if this is ethical?? Thanks Silk for being braver than me
    I'm not a lawyer, but it appears she wasn't fired by the client, she was fired by the "head" lawyer in this case. She has said that she will continue to seek Lisa "as a citizen" - so I don't think she's going to be doing more than, say, talking head lawyers on NG's show do. Or like concerned citizens who have expertise in a specific area like dog handlers.

    It sounds to me like there's zero bad feeling between her and the Irwins.

    I also think that she needs to save face here. She's been fired by Joe T and otherwise apparently has a stellar reputation in this community -she needs to come out in public and show she's not bloodied.

    IMHO.

    And I have R E A L hopes she's going to come out publicly and call out pink hair about where her phone was that she doesn't know who answered it. She shoots from the hip.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    and I thought we might have jumped the shark when we discussed what attorney's can reveal under privilege. Nah this takes the cake.

    Even if she was back working with the family wouldn't she have said so?

    Wasn't the website down after she was fired (or quit)? Could she just have put it up again?

    My head is spinning

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    76
    I can understand the talking head lawyers but she has an interest in this case, even if it has been terminated isn't she still bound by the same confidentiality agreement? To "search" for Lisa?? Huh? If she has or FINDS (in her search) one single BIT of info that can legally be turned over to the LE, I sure hope she does it pronto...And yes my head is spinning too at all this..now I do not know a thing about this woman... She may be the nicest and best of human beings, I just wonder at the legalities of it...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,591
    I certainly don't think she will reveal any evidence, especially if it points to JI and DB. How exactly will she be out there trying to help find Baby Lisa?

    Is she actually going to help find this little sweetie, or is she going to do the spin like BS is doing, even though he said he was there to help find Lisa too?

    To actually help find Lisa, is to look at the investigation and where the evidence seems to point to. If that means the parents, then I truly don't think she's going to go against them either after representing them.

    So what is she going to be doing exactly?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I'm not a lawyer, but it appears she wasn't fired by the client, she was fired by the "head" lawyer in this case. She has said that she will continue to seek Lisa "as a citizen" - so I don't think she's going to be doing more than, say, talking head lawyers on NG's show do. Or like concerned citizens who have expertise in a specific area like dog handlers.

    It sounds to me like there's zero bad feeling between her and the Irwins.

    I also think that she needs to save face here. She's been fired by Joe T and otherwise apparently has a stellar reputation in this community -she needs to come out in public and show she's not bloodied.

    IMHO.
    But Jeanna, Joe T would have needed the family to sign off if they were her clients before firing her. Not that I expect bad blood at all but i doubt it was done in a vacuum.

    Her public behavior the week she was removed from the case bloodied her more than being taken off. The tours and daily press releases and cancellations of same etc etc. made her look rather silly. She said the boys would not be reinterviewed "maybe never" and they had an appt. for re interviewing, she was totally off the map. Whether it was bad communications between the two or not, the head attorney makes the final decisions in things like that imo. You can't just go off half cocked. She bumbled around in the press completely IMO

    I liked her..but I didn't particularly think she handled the press at all well, who in the world has daily press releases in cases like these. Or house tours. More importantly, why advertise them before they are nailed down and happen.

    Right now she looks like she is hunting for publicity herself. If the focus should be Baby Lisa, she isn't helping with this move if the motive is to show she isn't "bloodied". Not all attorney's are right for all cases sometimes there are parting of ways

    all imo

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    well if she's just going to search as a concerned citizen (like you and me and the rest of the gang at WS?) I don't see anything unethical that the Irwins or Tacopina could complain about but I dunno that it was necessary to hold a press conference about it. IMO there have been too many press conferences already and not enough interviews by the police.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by curiousc View Post
    I certainly don't think she will reveal any evidence, especially if it points to JI and DB. How exactly will she be out there trying to help find Baby Lisa?

    Is she actually going to help find this little sweetie, or is she going to do the spin like BS is doing, even though he said he was there to help find Lisa too?

    To actually help find Lisa, is to look at the investigation and where the evidence seems to point to. If that means the parents, then I truly don't think she's going to go against them either after representing them.

    So what is she going to be doing exactly?
    Yes. If you fall on the parents are innocent or guilty side or on the fence, we can probably all agree that privilege is privilege and can't be broken.

    If I were DB or JI I would be concerned now. About what she might reveal regarding strategy, what she might disclose even with the best of intentions (things that don't even point to guilt but are private between the attorney and client).

    If I were Joe T. I would be in the stratosphere at the moment, the last thing the case needs is another publicity hunter (even if you think he is, he doesn't i am sure lol) ..the attorney I have shared confidential and very private information with about the case, about sightings, about the way forward etc. It also looks like she is trying to shoehorn in between he and his clients.

    None of the above may even be on her mind to do but they would be on my mind as either the parents or the other attorney. It is the perception that is important as well as the reality.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,456
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkySifaka View Post
    Yes we need legal eagles here. Your description of "down the rabbit hole" fits perfectly. Talk about a circus

    curious...i wonder about that too but if she isn't on the case she can't cancel anything but her own press conference! I think!
    As long as it's legal (so evidence would hold up in court), I have no problem with her heading up searches for Lisa and her herself looking for Lisa.

    At least somebody other than LE/FBI would be looking for Lisa then. Not dissing LE/FBI, but just tired of the family and associates, PI (BS), and JT not looking for Lisa.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,931
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    well if she's just going to search as a concerned citizen (like you and me and the rest of the gang at WS?) I don't see anything unethical that the Irwins or Tacopina could complain about but I dunno that it was necessary to hold a press conference about it. IMO there have been too many press conferences already and not enough interviews by the police.
    the press conference aspect is the whole bizarre bit. Anyone can decide to "look for" baby Lisa. If it was really just like a concerned citizen there would be no need for a presser. Its as if we all called up the stations to announce we at websleuths are searching for Lisa. strange as strange can be.

    imo

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-06-2011, 02:11 AM
  2. Stuffed animal "Taz" a.k.a. Techbay "Beanie Baby"?
    By BondJamesBond in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 05-20-2010, 12:28 PM
  3. Tom Snyder, 71, dies "Tomorrow Show" host
    By Taximom in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 10:55 AM

Tags for this Thread