MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 10/31/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cazzie

This is love
Reaction score
Discuss main stream media coverage here.

You guys know the drill. This is not to be a general discussion thread. Link to the MSM articles you are referencing.

(description taken from 10/29/11 thread; I'm not a mod)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :eek:

:ghost:
:dracula: :eek:ddsmiley: :devil:

GMA - talking about tension between family and LE. BS said LE needs to focus on area Lisa last seen by motorcycle witness.

LE have cleared 1000 tips

Police don't want to go on wild goose chase

JT says he will allow boys to be interviewed. Inaccurate stores out there. too much playing to media. Every necessary interview will be "had".

JT says he will allow boys to be interviewed. Inaccurate stores out there. too much playing to media. Every necessary interview will be "had".
Did he say, or did the context indicate that this statement includes DB and JI?

JT: Concerned about kids being "damaged" by interviews. Kids interviewed for 5 hours already.

Not concerned about perceptions.

Talking about sighting of man with baby.

Relationship between DB/JI and LE adversarial.

Talking about poor treatment of DB by LE

JT: talking about crime scene being trampled on

Was asked if DB/JI not submitting to interviews is preventing police from moving on from them? Blah.....didn't get his answer.

Watched again (remembered I can rewind live TV. Ha!) His answer was that perception that LE isn't moving on is based media reports and or police spokesperson. (huh?) Ask the FBI. They'll tell you how they are conducting themselves.

Did he say, or did the context indicate that this statement includes DB and JI?

I understood him to mean DB/JI too.

First time I've tried to do this. I definitely missed stuff!

I appreciate your "watching live" report, Sigh Sister! It's not that easy, if if a quick typer. :)

Please post if anyone mentions MW and the 2:30 am call.

TIA

JT: Concerned about kids being "damaged" by interviews. Kids interviewed for 5 hours already.

Not concerned about perceptions.

Talking about sighting of man with baby.

Relationship between DB/JI and LE adversarial.

Talking about poor treatment of DB by LE

BBM. What? Didn't the police spokesman say they'd been interviewed for 30-50 minutes?

Edit: yep, he did

Young said both boys were interviewed, one for about 30 minutes and the other about 50 minutes, on Oct. 4, the day Lisa was reported missing.

Read more: http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-half-brothers-to-be-questioned#ixzz1cMPFdu11

I watched interview again (remembered I can rewind live tv!). A few more details:

JT: They not going to notify media every time there is a meeting as it's not advantageous to investigation. They have a good dialogue with FBI. Has a substantial rapport with them.

Dan Abrams asked why wouldn't he want interview with boys to happen earlier rather than later because everyday that passes, memories fade, new questions arise. DA also said "I would think from your perspective the only issue would be find the child?"

JT's response to DA: Family has consented to everything, every search, every forensic swab (really?) - Their concern is that the boys aren't damaged by questions etc..

DA: I would think you would want parents in there as often as possible. (Referring to interviews with LE)

JT's answer: I'm not concerned about perceptions, don't matter.

DA: It does matter.

JT: Said LE accused DB of killing Lisa within an hour of them responding to their house about baby being missing. Did this as she was on the floor, trembling and crying.

(Sorry if this is disjointed. Just wanted to add a little more detail.)

Five hours of interviews with children? If it wasn't so sad, a comment like that would be laughable. Let's not let the facts get in the way of good lawyer spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627