GUILTY AZ - Dani Mayo, 3, beaten to death, Phoenix, 28 Oct 2011

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/3...t-her-for-not-eating-hot-dog/?intcmp=trending

PHOENIX – A three-year-old girl in Phoenix died after being brutally beaten by her stepfather when she refused to eat a hot dog, police said Sunday.

Dani Mayo was rushed to a local hospital last Thursday after her 22-year-old stepfather, Corey Daniels, reported she had stopped breathing because she had choked on a hot dog, myFOXphoenix.com reported. Police suspected foul play when doctors found Dani was suffering multiple skull fractures and swelling and bleeding in her brain.

Dani clung to life for two days at the hospital, but died on Saturday morning. :cry:

Bless her RIP little Dani.

Are there statistics on stepfathers/mothers implicated in stepchild abuse/deaths?
I hope he spends the rest of his life as a known nonce in jail

According to court paperwork, Daniels admitted to police that he disciplined Dani for “not wanting" to eat her hot dog -- punching her in the chest, arms and legs with his fists and hitting her at least 20 times.

Police said Daniels also admitted to disciplining Dani a few weeks earlier by biting her after she'd urinated on herself.

He's charged with murder and is locked up on an $850,000 bond.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/severely-beaten-3-year-old-girl-dies-10302011#.Tq3m_-nvtp4.facebook

What a man RIP baby Dani.

I'm sorry but these case's sometimes bring out the worst in me, I think he should be beat for a couple of days and then left to suffer ..........

That poor little girl.

R I P Dani

whatever possesses a person to do this?

I hope he spends a lifetime behind bars.

Looking at the booking photo, I'm thinking that several decades in prison should wipe that smirk off his face.

These cases make me so angry. I have to hold my tongue or I'll surely be banned.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/10/3...t-her-for-not-eating-hot-dog/?intcmp=trending

PHOENIX – A three-year-old girl in Phoenix died after being brutally beaten by her stepfather when she refused to eat a hot dog, police said Sunday.

Dani Mayo was rushed to a local hospital last Thursday after her 22-year-old stepfather, Corey Daniels, reported she had stopped breathing because she had choked on a hot dog, myFOXphoenix.com reported. Police suspected foul play when doctors found Dani was suffering multiple skull fractures and swelling and bleeding in her brain.

Dani clung to life for two days at the hospital, but died on Saturday morning. :cry:

My heart is with you little one.. RIP
wild

Her mom, who had just rushed home, was hysterical.

How many times? How many stories with the same circumstances? Mom leaves child with boyfriend or whatever she calls him - but a man that is not the child's father and who has no concern at all for that child.

OMG - what evil. I can only pray that someone in prison will take it upon themselves to beat the living carp out of this guy.

RIP little one, and shame on mommy for not protecting you. She had to know this creeper bit you a few weeks earlier and did nothing about it. Why she left you alone with him is beyond comprehension. Yes - I blame the mother as well!

MOO

Mel

My precious great-grandson is about to turn 3. He is innocence personified. Just today, he refused to eat his dinner. He was too excited about Halloween. NEVER, not in a million years, would we EVER think that hurting him would cause him to eat.

Y'all know me. I always want to give the benefit of the doubt. But God, who could hit a little child over and over? Doesn't everybody know that little ones will eat when they are hungry? How do you look at the perfect face of a baby and think that violence will solve the problem? Sometimes I just want this world to stop turning, and let me off.

I am so thankful that this baby's pain is over. I am so thankful that this child will never feel pain, or be afraid, nor will she ever again be left in the care of a monster.

So mom didn't notice that her daughter had previous bite marks? Really?

Why isn't Dani's mother in jail for child endangerment or neglect?

But God, who could hit a little child over and over? Doesn't everybody know that little ones will eat when they are hungry? How do you look at the perfect face of a baby and think that violence will solve the problem?

snipped by me

I was abused by my mother. The abuser does not seek to SOLVE the problem (making child eat, etc) but to control the child. The abuser is filled with anger toward everyone. Believe me it all about control and when the child does not do what the abuser tells them to or expects them to - the beating happens.

​A Phoenix woman was arrested yesterday after police determined that she knew her husband was abusing her 3-year-old daughter and did nothing to stop it.

The baby, Dani Mayo, died from her injuries after suffering months of abuse at the hands of her step-father, 22-year-old Corey Daniels. Daniels is married to the girl's mother, 23-year-old Ambreatte Daniels.

Dani's final beating came on October 27, when Daniels admittedly beat the girl because she didn't want to eat a hot dog.

While dozens of punches and belt whips might seem beyond excessive as punishment for a 3-year-old who didn't want to eat a hotdog, Daniels wasn't finished -- he punched her again in the nose and mouth before the brutal beating was over.

Daniels claims the head injuries were caused when the girl hit her head on a drawer.

As her husband continuously beat her daughter, police say the girl's mother knew of the abuse, and even documented it with photos on her cell phone.

Also on Ambreatte Daniels' cell phone, police found text messages discussing the bite mark on the girl's butt. Police also found text messages where the Daniels discussed using duct tape to bound the girl so she wouldn't be able to put her hands behind her back while she was getting spanked.

danimayo-thumb-468x237.jpg

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/11/ambreatte_daniels_--_mother_of.php

Rest In Peace Dani you were too beautiful for this world.

This story makes me want to cry and scream and beat the crap out of both of them. No excuses for the step-father but as a mom, I just can't wrap my head around knowing someone was beating and biting my baby and going about my regularly scheduled day. Anyone hurts my child, my world would stop turning until my child was safe and the abuser was punished.

Without question, the step should be punished severely but I think mama deserves the same. She chose to have a baby, chose to keep and raise her little girl, chose to allow an abuser into her home, chose to witness and enable the abuser to torment her child, chose to ignore her daughter's pain, chose to leave her in danger again and again. At the end of the day, I am quite sure she chose to crawl into bed with the man she KNEW was beating, biting and probably molesting her daughter. Each time she left her baby in that house with that man, she chose to turn her back on her responsibilities as a parent. I believe she is just as guilty and just as responsible.

I am sickened and disheartened that human beings treat one another in these terrible ways. When the victim is a baby, it just kills me.

On TV, on some of the excellent nature shows, we see male lions killing the offspring of their predecessors. I believe, in some instances, too many, we see the same psychology at work in so-called human beings.

My opinion only

Despicable.

It's interesting how so many child death cases are the result of disciplining (for lack of a better word) for not eating or potty training. Two things that are just a part of normal childhood. Those poor children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back