anne bremner/family finally receive evidence from SDSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauriej

'wild rose country...'
Reaction score
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15919335/infamous-coronado-mansion-sold

On Monday, a Sheriff's spokesperson confirmed that all evidence from the department's death investigation has been released to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner. The Seattle-based attorney could not be reached for comment Monday evening.

Bremner's co-counsel confirmed the Seattle office has received hundreds of pages of witness statements and police reports, as well as transcripts and audio recordings.

The records are being scanned and reviewed in advance of a news conference planned later this week in Seattle.

-------finally!

Progress. Did anyone notice that family photo in this CBS story. At first glance it looks like everyone in the photo is pointing at JS. Kind of weird and subliminal. I wonder where that photo came from. I have never seen it before.

Progress. Did anyone notice that family photo in this CBS story. At first glance it looks like everyone in the photo is pointing at JS. Kind of weird and subliminal. I wonder where that photo came from. I have never seen it before.

I remember that. I think it came from his bar mitzah (sp) and that's why they are pointing.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15919335/infamous-coronado-mansion-sold

On Monday, a Sheriff's spokesperson confirmed that all evidence from the department's death investigation has been released to Zahau family attorney Anne Bremner. The Seattle-based attorney could not be reached for comment Monday evening.

Bremner's co-counsel confirmed the Seattle office has received hundreds of pages of witness statements and police reports, as well as transcripts and audio recordings.

The records are being scanned and reviewed in advance of a news conference planned later this week in Seattle.

-------finally!

Yes! About time LE handed over the files to Atty. Bremner. Curious if LE finally did so because of Atty. Bremner's mandamus action and a judge ordered LE to comply, or it was the fear of a fall-out of negative publicity from second autopsy and Dr. Phil show...

Never underestimate the power of the media or the judge's gavel.

I don't know time, but it sure doesn't sound like they checked out much of anything.

I don't know time, but it sure doesn't sound like they checked out much of anything.

Exactly!

I have always been interested in two concepts related to this case..1. someone forced Rebecca to tie herself up using a weapon, and, 2. it was a murder for hire intentionally set-up too not look like a hit/staged.

In any case, the phone records of everyone close and if anyone owned a gun would be pertinent. But since they did almost no digging in the first place, they would have no leads and no cause for those search warrants.

We don't even know if they actually ever knew where Jonah was, let alone everyone closely related to him and Dina. Surely the police knew early on about the false suspicions about Max being suffocated and the problems between Dina and Rebecca.

I hope this blows this whole investigation so wide open it won't just be considered the case that the family coudn't accept suicide concept. When we saw that search warrants for the phones didn't come through until the end of August, we all knew even without the police files that this was just a cursory investigation. I'm stumbling over my words, I didn't realize how angry I still am. Did the police not realize that this would be looked into further, they missed mentioning alot in press conference didn't they. The sheriff's office didn't have a problem mentioning that Nina had left a voicemail saying I want to come over but didn't see the need to report that she had been witnessed by someone at the front door of the mansion? Hmm no wonder it took them so long to turn the files over. I would say once they knew that Rebecca had been exhumed this was not going to go away for them and only then did they turn the file over.

IMO of course

Whoa!! Wow.

I believed the suicide theory for the longest. Until it came out nobody was where they said they were that night. How on earth did SDSO think this would stay under the rug?

RIP Rebecca and Max.

I sure had a feeling there is a lot of interesting information in those reports. Can't wait to see more coming out.

The twin sister of DS admits going by the mansion that night. Claims nobody opened the door so she left.

""I VOLUNTARILY told the detectives that I went by the mansion for a few minutes the night before at 10 p.m. but no one answered the door," Romano explained."
http://www.760kfmb.com/story/15941030/max-shacknais-aunt-at-mansion-hours-before-zahaus-death
Now she says that, she better hope that VOLUNTARILY told police she went over there shows in the files, because this is what she said about the cell phone voice mail and at that time never mentioned that she went over there

"Nina told News 8 in San Diego about the text message she sent to Rebecca, several hours before her death: "I just wanted to talk to her about the accident," Romano said. "And so I sent her a text message that said, ‘Hey are you around? I'd like to come by,' and I never heard from her. She never responded to me."

-------------and money talk$.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Shacknai-mansion-hanging-case-plans-book.html

Lawyer in Shacknai mansion hanging case plans book on tragic Rebecca Zahau's death

Ann Rule says that she spoke with Atty. Bremner about the possibility of authoring a book about the Zahau family but that "The probability of writing a book about the Zahaus, however, is about '50/50 -– if charges were brought.

It's a difficult thing because the little boy's father is very, very wealthy so for legal reasons it's kind of a mine field."

Witnesses saw Nina Romano at the mansion door the night Rebecca died.

THUD!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15928565/news ... on-mystery
-----
news8reenactment.jpg

Exclusive: News 8 reenacts the Coronado mansion mystery

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15940480/mans ... -questions
-----
reenactmentrevealsnewquestions.jpg

Mansion mystery: News 8 reenactment reveals new questions

--------SDSO response to reenactment---

News 8 informed the sheriff's department about our results. A spokesperson issued a statement saying:

Your test was invalidated from the beginning. Even if you had the exact bed frame, you don't know the exact mattress (and weight). You don't know what was on the mattress (if anything), and you don't have the same carpet, padding, and indentations made by this particular piece of furniture.

You cannot simulate the exact conditions of that particular night, and you don't know precisely how Rebecca went over the railing. While this suicide is unusual, it is not unprecedented and it would be an enigmatic homicide.

( cry cry cry....)

Witnesses saw Nina Romano at the mansion door the night Rebecca died.

THUD!
Late night text. Late night visit ( no answer ;) ). Late night witnesses.
She places herself at the scene.
Im sure she was pissed. I know I would be, esp if hospital personal said my nephew had been suffocated. Oh yeah Id be on death row. Just saying.
And no Im not saying it was justified.

Sure hope the money quits talking.

First, only three people were processed and fingerprinted; Adam Shacknai, the brother of Zahau’s millionare boyfriend Jonah and the man who found her dead, Zahau’s 13-year-old sister, and Nina Romano, the twin sister of Jonah Shacknai’s ex-wife.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ks...ails-of-police-report-20111101,0,526310.story

So let's see: AS & NR were fingerprinted (but not JS, even though his whereabouts on the night in question were not verified).

Yet, the black gloves weren't processed, according to the article, nor were the clumps of hair.

Oh - and remember, the SDCSD would have RZ's family & the public believe that no one's fingerprints or DNA besides Rebecca's were found in the guest bedroom because "science doesn't lie" or some such nonsense.

Science? What science?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member