728 users online (91 members and 637 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

new "prestigious local lawyers" secured by Joe Tacopina **John Picerno**

Statement from baby Lisa's parents: After hearing there was a press conference and listening to Mrs. Short's statement we are further convinced that we made the correct decision. One of the reasons we relieved Mrs. Short was because she was holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media, and giving tours of the home that we were finding out about after the fact. Moreover, we learned the FBI felt Mrs. Short wasn't being productive in the relationship between the family and the agency.

We want the focus to remain where it should always have been which is on the search for Lisa. Mr Tacopina has secured very prestigious local lawyers to join the team representing the family.

We will not be answering any further question at this time regarding Mrs. Short.

Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin
    by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 5:34 PM yesterday

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...#ixzz1cSkkJ0hg

thought the new lawyers need a thread

prestigious...oh, well. That'll fix it eh?
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round........

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    prestigious...oh, well. That'll fix it eh?
    I think they spelled press-tigious wrong.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

Maybe they'll also be litigious and sue JT if they too get dumped.

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Statement from baby Lisa's parents: After hearing there was a press conference and listening to Mrs. Short's statement we are further convinced that we made the correct decision. One of the reasons we relieved Mrs. Short was because she was holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media, and giving tours of the home that we were finding out about after the fact. Moreover, we learned the FBI felt Mrs. Short wasn't being productive in the relationship between the family and the agency.

We want the focus to remain where it should always have been which is on the search for Lisa. Mr Tacopina has secured very prestigious local lawyers to join the team representing the family.

We will not be answering any further question at this time regarding Mrs. Short.

Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin
    by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 5:34 PM yesterday

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_...#ixzz1cSkkJ0hg

thought the new lawyers need a thread
    Is there anyone here who thinks the parents wrote that statement? JT couldn't be more transparent. : ( He could have at least written it so it appeared the parents might have.

I don't know why he bothered to hire a "prestigious" lawyer - he should have saved bucks and hired the very very cheapest lawyer in the state. All he wants is a technical "conduit" so he can continue to represent the Irwins, and to do so he has to hire a local attorney. They won't be doing anything - maybe signing off on legal documents, etc.

I like him less and less. : (

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Maybe they'll also be litigious and sue JT if they too get dumped.

IMO that statement was almost certainly written by lawyers, lol. Neither DB nor JI have the kind of vocabulary to write something like that.

"Moreover"?? Really?
    Relieved?
    Secured?

Sorry, those are not words I would expect from the family, but absolutely would expect from the attorneys.

If they had said: "yeah, well we had to fire her because she was doing stuff without telling us, and wasn't helping the FBI enough.... But Joe T. got us a new lawyer here, but we can't tell you the name yet. And we can't talk about this anymore", I would have believed the words came from them.

(NOT that there is anything wrong with the way I wrote the second example. That is a perfectly fine way to say things. But lawyers insist on using fussy and archaic vocabulary.)
    Last edited by Karmaa; 11-01-2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: typo
    In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha~

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Is there anyone here who thinks the parents wrote that statement? (
    respectfully snipped

No!

Hey "Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin", how about a press release detailing how the search for your baby is going??

Interesting to me that DB's name is first in the signature line of the release. She da boss.

I'm sure the best of the best lawyers in the area were chomping at the bit to get on this. If there ever is a case it will be huge. Lawyers like huge cases, for some it is another intellectual challenge, for some it is free advertising, for some it is both, for some it is to help those in need. Just being part of this is a dream for many a good attorney. Free or paid.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I think I will start keeping a "head count" of the number of lawyers that will be "coming and going" in this case ...

1. CS - gone
    2. JT
    3. this "prestigious" lawyer
    4. ?

Hmmm ... this "revolving door" of lawyers is starting to remind me of someone else in Orlando ...

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    Is there anyone here who thinks the parents wrote that statement? JT couldn't be more transparent. : ( He could have at least written it so it appeared the parents might have.

I don't know why he bothered to hire a "prestigious" lawyer - he should have saved bucks and hired the very very cheapest lawyer in the state. All he wants is a technical "conduit" so he can continue to represent the Irwins, and to do so he has to hire a local attorney. They won't be doing anything - maybe signing off on legal documents, etc.

I like him less and less. : (
    I took the "prestigious" lawyer comment to be another jab at CS. (i.e., CS was incompetent, but now DB/JI have the best of the best to represent them). I know that you completely believe in their innocence, and I respect your opinion. So, why do you think it's a bad thing to have more ace lawyers representing them? JT can't be there all the time and to me, it makes sense he would try to get the best local representation he could for his clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh Sister View Post
    I took the "prestigious" lawyer comment to be another jab at CS. (i.e., CS was incompetent, but now DB/JI have the best of the best to represent them). I know that you completely believe in their innocence, and I respect your opinion. So, why do you think it's a bad thing to have more ace lawyers representing them? JT can't be there all the time and to me, it makes sense he would try to get the best local representation he could for his clients.
    Very well put, since the antonym of presigious is "rare characterized by or using deceit, cunning, or illusion; fraudulent".

I wonder if that was an underlying jab at CS, because I don't see why the PR included that word at all.

Sorry to nit-pick.

MOO

Mel

Not just prestigious, VERY prestigious. That's the darn bestest prestigious you can get!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiche View Post
    Not just prestigious, VERY prestigious. That's the darn bestest prestigious you can get!
    Cause un-prestigious lawyer just wouldn't be cool.
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast