new "prestigious local lawyers" secured by Joe Tacopina **John Picerno**

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Statement from baby Lisa's parents: After hearing there was a press conference and listening to Mrs. Short's statement we are further convinced that we made the correct decision. One of the reasons we relieved Mrs. Short was because she was holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media, and giving tours of the home that we were finding out about after the fact. Moreover, we learned the FBI felt Mrs. Short wasn't being productive in the relationship between the family and the agency.

We want the focus to remain where it should always have been which is on the search for Lisa. Mr Tacopina has secured very prestigious local lawyers to join the team representing the family.

We will not be answering any further question at this time regarding Mrs. Short.

Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 5:34 PM yesterday

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1cSkkJ0hg

thought the new lawyers need a thread

The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round........

Maybe they'll also be litigious and sue JT if they too get dumped.

Statement from baby Lisa's parents: After hearing there was a press conference and listening to Mrs. Short's statement we are further convinced that we made the correct decision. One of the reasons we relieved Mrs. Short was because she was holding her own press conferences, making statements to the media, and giving tours of the home that we were finding out about after the fact. Moreover, we learned the FBI felt Mrs. Short wasn't being productive in the relationship between the family and the agency.

We want the focus to remain where it should always have been which is on the search for Lisa. Mr Tacopina has secured very prestigious local lawyers to join the team representing the family.

We will not be answering any further question at this time regarding Mrs. Short.

Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin
by Brian Foster - KMBC.com 5:34 PM yesterday

Read more: http://livewire.kmbc.com/Event/Live_Blog_Amber_Alert_Issued_For_Missing_10-Month-Old#ixzz1cSkkJ0hg

thought the new lawyers need a thread

Is there anyone here who thinks the parents wrote that statement? JT couldn't be more transparent. : ( He could have at least written it so it appeared the parents might have.

I don't know why he bothered to hire a "prestigious" lawyer - he should have saved bucks and hired the very very cheapest lawyer in the state. All he wants is a technical "conduit" so he can continue to represent the Irwins, and to do so he has to hire a local attorney. They won't be doing anything - maybe signing off on legal documents, etc.

I like him less and less. : (

IMO that statement was almost certainly written by lawyers, lol. Neither DB nor JI have the kind of vocabulary to write something like that.

"Moreover"?? Really?
Relieved?
Secured?

Sorry, those are not words I would expect from the family, but absolutely would expect from the attorneys.

If they had said: "yeah, well we had to fire her because she was doing stuff without telling us, and wasn't helping the FBI enough.... But Joe T. got us a new lawyer here, but we can't tell you the name yet. And we can't talk about this anymore", I would have believed the words came from them. ;)

(NOT that there is anything wrong with the way I wrote the second example. That is a perfectly fine way to say things. But lawyers insist on using fussy and archaic vocabulary.)

Is there anyone here who thinks the parents wrote that statement? (

respectfully snipped

No!

Hey "Deborah Bradley and Jeremy Irwin", how about a press release detailing how the search for your baby is going??

Interesting to me that DB's name is first in the signature line of the release. She da boss.

I'm sure the best of the best lawyers in the area were chomping at the bit to get on this. If there ever is a case it will be huge. Lawyers like huge cases, for some it is another intellectual challenge, for some it is free advertising, for some it is both, for some it is to help those in need. Just being part of this is a dream for many a good attorney. Free or paid.

:waitasec: I think I will start keeping a "head count" of the number of lawyers that will be "coming and going" in this case ...

1. CS - gone
2. JT
3. this "prestigious" lawyer
4. ?

:waitasec: Hmmm ... this "revolving door" of lawyers is starting to remind me of someone else in Orlando ...

:cow:

Is there anyone here who thinks the parents wrote that statement? JT couldn't be more transparent. : ( He could have at least written it so it appeared the parents might have.

I don't know why he bothered to hire a "prestigious" lawyer - he should have saved bucks and hired the very very cheapest lawyer in the state. All he wants is a technical "conduit" so he can continue to represent the Irwins, and to do so he has to hire a local attorney. They won't be doing anything - maybe signing off on legal documents, etc.

I like him less and less. : (

I took the "prestigious" lawyer comment to be another jab at CS. (i.e., CS was incompetent, but now DB/JI have the best of the best to represent them). I know that you completely believe in their innocence, and I respect your opinion. So, why do you think it's a bad thing to have more ace lawyers representing them? JT can't be there all the time and to me, it makes sense he would try to get the best local representation he could for his clients.

I took the "prestigious" lawyer comment to be another jab at CS. (i.e., CS was incompetent, but now DB/JI have the best of the best to represent them). I know that you completely believe in their innocence, and I respect your opinion. So, why do you think it's a bad thing to have more ace lawyers representing them? JT can't be there all the time and to me, it makes sense he would try to get the best local representation he could for his clients.

Very well put, since the antonym of presigious is "rare characterized by or using deceit, cunning, or illusion; fraudulent".

I wonder if that was an underlying jab at CS, because I don't see why the PR included that word at all.

Sorry to nit-pick.

MOO

Mel

Not just prestigious, VERY prestigious. That's the darn bestest prestigious you can get!

Is "prestigious" a step up or down from "highpowered"?

I thought it was a dig at CS, like the whole statement.

Hopefully for the prestigious lawyers, they got the memo about local media....bad. It's been drummed in our heads, post after post, the local media is horrible. DB doesn't like them!! The queen has spoken! Off with their heads!! CS was going to accommodate them, use them to help find Lisa. DB must have been furious!

Is the wealthy benefactor still footing the bill for all this prestige? Who's picking up the tab? TIA

Very well put, since the antonym of presigious is "rare characterized by or using deceit, cunning, or illusion; fraudulent".

I wonder if that was an underlying jab at CS, because I don't see why the PR included that word at all.

Sorry to nit-pick.

MOO

Mel

I'm not sure I understand your apology about nit-picking? :waitasec:

My personal thoughts is that's exactly how DB and JI felt about Short, JT was the the writer. He used different words than they would have, but the sentiment is the same.

I couldn't disagree more with laying this press release at JT's door. JT didn't write this behind his client's backs. He wrote it, they approved it, then it went out, IMO. I don't believe for a second that JT would have sent this out without the Irwin camp reading it first and consenting to its release. And I'm uptohere with the subtle accusations that DB and JI are too ignorant, naïve whatever and don't know they're being used by JT or whoever. They may not have a Harvard educations, but they aren't stupid little sheep being tugged along. They chose JT, and after watching Short's presser, I don't blame them. She should have just kept her mouth shut and got on with representing her other clients. Instead she chose to advertise her butt-hurt.

Of course, JMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back