933 users online (160 members and 773 guests)  

Websleuths News

16-Foot-Python Killed In Florida; Deer Found In Stomach

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...8.html#s445147

There are pictures if you go to the article. Some graphic.

16-Foot-Python Killed In Florida; Deer Found In Stomach (PHOTOS)
    The Huffington Post Timothy Stenovec
    First Posted: 10/31/11 07:15 PM ET Updated: 11/1/11 12:20 PM ET

Officials in south Florida were in for a surprise last week when they cut open the belly of a 16-foot Burmese python they had captured and killed in the Everglades.

Inside the reptile they found a 76-pound, fully intact deer, the Sun-Sentinel reports.

According to the South Florida Water Management District, the snake, which was a female, weighed 215.4 pounds with the deer, and 139.1 pounds without it. The girth of the snake's stomach, stretched to accommodate the carcass, measured a whopping 44.1-inches. From head to tail, the reptile measured 15.65 feet....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL3ZIc5IL2w"]Snakes on Indy's Plane - YouTube[/ame]

Warning gross video of python and deer!!

Here's a Youtube video of the pictures. WARNING GROSS!! Also a video of a python eating a deer. WARNING GROSS!!

This video is silent;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mRMn1lcUK4"]10/29/11 GRAPHIC CONTENT: 16 foot Snake Found with Adult Deer in its Stomach .... - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPJI1qSki3E&feature=related"]Python Eating a Deer - YouTube[/ame]

That is so gross! I hate snakes! Poor deer had to die a horrible death.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferTx View Post
    That is so gross! I hate snakes! Poor deer had to die a horrible death.
    In real life I'd scream and run like a little girl if I ever saw a snake.

I do love watching them on TV or Youtube though. I know they can't get me through the TV and so it's got some sort of dangerous/safe feel to it and I find it fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    In real life I'd scream and run like a little girl if I ever saw a snake.

I do love watching them on TV or Youtube though. I know they can't get me through the TV and so it's got some sort of dangerous/safe feel to it and I find it fascinating.
    I had a co-worker that once told me that when his family moved into a new subdivision which was once a rice field that he had a close encounter one morning with a 2 foot copperhead snake on the kitchen counter. He said he screamed so loud he scared the snake and then they couldn't find it. They looked for that snake for days before they finally found it in a closet. I would have moved out of that house that day. Over the years several people had snakes in their homes in that subdivision. I guess the snakes never got the memo that their homes were going to be disturbed by a new subdivision. lol

I would freak if I found a snake that big anywhere near me!

We found two alligators in our pond recently. This was after my kids had been swimming in the pond all summer! They had been there the whole time and we just didn't know. The signs were there but we never imagined it was a dang alligator (much less two of them). Our ducks kept disappearing, no turtles, and it was getting harder to catch fish. I called wildlife and fisheries to come and catch them but they haven't come. It's illegal to shoot them. You might just be reading about me in "crimes in the news" when I'm arresting for shooting one without a license to do so.