TN TN - Karen Swift, 44, Dyersburg, 30 Oct 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatFancier

Former Member
Reaction score
Karen Johnson Swift was last seen at her home on Willie Johnson Road on Sunday, Oct. 30, at approximately 1:30 a.m.

Dyer County Sheriff Jeff Box stated Swift's white 2004 Nissan Murano was recovered on Millsfield Highway near the intersection of Harness Road. The vehicle reportedly had a flat tire when it was found.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1779590.html

This is in my area....just when you think it can't happen near you it does.

Me too! No news as of yet. Will post here when and if I hear anything.

http://www.stategazette.com/story/1779590.html

Box said Swift had arrived home late Saturday evening/early Sunday morning and dropped her children off at her house on Willie Johnson Road. He stated Swift's husband said he spoke to her in the stairwell and then went to bed and that was the last time she was seen.

She has 3 kids that she dropped off to her soon-to-be-exhusband; and that is the last time she is seen. Her car is later found with a flat tire. I wonder how old the children are and if they have been interviewed yet.

and his department is looking at other pieces of information in the investigation. ....and looking at cell phone records," said Box.

Swift's car was impounded and will be processed for clues as to what happened to Swift.

A reward may be paid for any information that may assist in this investigation.

Do we know what time she dropped the kids off at the soon to be ex husband?

Once again...last one to see her is the ex when kids are being transferred.

Please let Karen come home and not be another statistic.

Do we know what time she dropped the kids off at the soon to be ex husband?

Once again...last one to see her is the ex when kids are being transferred.

Please let Karen come home and not be another statistic.

Approximately 1:30 a.m.

I wonder why she would drop her kids off in the middle of the night?!!

Okay - it appears from the husband's FB page that they have 2 girls and 1 boy. Guess from pics - girls appear to be around 6 and 8 in 2010 Thanksgiving pictures. There is an older boy just graduated and status says college bound in the pics too. I will keep looking.

Karen's FB page refers to "both" of her boys even though they are grown up. She does have the two daughters pics on her page too. Soon-to-be-ex is not a FB friend of Karen. Her daughters are adorable. Plenty of pics and cuteness. Ready for Halloween. Where is Karen?!!

Thank you Cocomod. I just re read the articles. It just would be odd to drop kids off in the middle of the night. I hope the kids can fill in LE about the details. If mom and dad were alone at all. If they saw her when she left. Any fights.....

Her husband says he last spoke to her "in the stairwell"? Outside or inside the house? That seems like odd terminology to me if they're referring to the inside of a house.

Karen's FB page refers to "both" of her boys even though they are grown up. She does have the two daughters pics on her page too. Soon-to-be-ex is not a FB friend of Karen. Her daughters are adorable. Plenty of pics and cuteness. Ready for Halloween. Where is Karen?!!

they have two sons both in college,HTH.

Okay- I HATE it when I read that a woman is trying to get out of a relationship and she "mysteriously" disappears. Did anyone see her the day of her disappearance?

Agree!!
Now if the husband is fighting for custody of the two young children, then that's a big reg flag in my book. Seems whenever there is a divorce and custody fight where the man is fighting for custody of the kids and the wife goes missing - the husband is one who does in his wife.
Now not saying this is the case here, since I do not know if a custody fight has taken place... just something to keep in mind.

According to the sheriff's department, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has been called in to assist the Dyer County Sheriff's Department in the search for 44-year-old Karen Johnson Swift.

Deputies used a bloodhound team from Fort Pillow in the area where the car was found, with no significant results. The TBI transported her car to their forensic processing crime lab in Nashville for further testing.

Sheriff Deputies say they've searched areas of interest with the TBI helicopter and a heat sensing camera early Tuesday morning. So far no signs of Swift have been found.

Swift was last seen at her home in Dyersburg on Willie Johnson Rd. around 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 30. Police say her car, a white 2004 Nissan Murano, was found a few hours later on Millsfield Highway near Harness Rd. with a flat tire in Northern Dyer County.

Swift is described as 5 feet 5 inches tall, weighs 138 pounds and has blonde hair and green eyes.

Investigators say she's in the process of getting divorced. Her husband and close friends have already been interviewed. Foul play is not suspected at this time.

Snipped: http://www.kait8.com/story/15924675/police-continue-to-search-for-missing-tn-mother (Photo at link)

There are 4 missing women in a pretty tight area in Tennessee. Three of the women are mothers; each having difficulties with their spouse. Shelley Mook, Gail Palmgren, and now Karen Johnson Swift (Look at a map of Signal Mountain, Shelbyville, and Dyersburg). I am NOT a map person, but... I worry about these cases as they seem to grow cold with very little evidence. I hope that Karen's case does not grow cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth