1023 users online (224 members and 799 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Emjay Corn, 18 mos, beaten to death, Joplin, 29 Oct 2011

So, ladies and gentlemen, meet Eric Hicks. Eric Hicks was apparently doing well. He had a girlfriend, he was going to a methadone clinic to fight his addiction, good job, Eric. Right up until Saturday morning, when Eric was faced with a dilemma. He had an appointment to go get his methadone. He also had his girlfriends 18 month old son, Emjay Corn. For reasons that are still unknown, Eric decided not to take Emjay with him to that appointment, opting instead to leave him in the apartment by himself. Later that day, Emjay was dead. The autopsy results don't appear to be in yet, and other information is scarce. Did Emjay die of a tragic accident while he was alone in the home? Did Eric harm him before he left, or upon his return? No one seems to know.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15921900/...ing-left-alone

http://thestir.cafemom.com/toddler/1...me_alone_found

(Second link is a blog, but it sums it up nicely.)
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

oh my, the cops came to the house without a call being made? I wonder if he made some sort of comment while getting treatment and someone there called police? Poor Emjay May you rest in peace sweetheart
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Once again, you need to have a license to go fishing and to be a pet owner, but not to have a child...sigh.
    RIP precious little boy.
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

Women have to stop leaving their children with their boyfriends! Things never end up ending well for the child.

This is so sad. Too many unanswered questions to even begin figuring it out. 18 months old and left alone in a crib is certainly an accident waiting to happen.....but maybe...
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

Quote Originally Posted by Angels_Not_Forgotten View Post
    oh my, the cops came to the house without a call being made? I wonder if he made some sort of comment while getting treatment and someone there called police? Poor Emjay May you rest in peace sweetheart

It could be that or someone waiting to get dosed was used to seeing the baby with him and worried? Considering you have to go to the clinic every single day people get to know the patterns of others at the clinic.

Gotta wonder if this "person" wasn't still using and left this dear angel home because he wanted to go cop. Even drug dealers frown when someone shows up with kids when buying drugs.

RIP little Emjay. His mom had to know Hicks needed to make that appointment and was O.K. with him taking sweet Emjay to the clinic.

Scratch that theory I had. HIPPA laws prevent police from saying where Emjay's mother is. Maybe she was in rehab and little Emjay was being soley cared for by Hicks. The guy either didn't feel like being bothered bringing the little guy with him or poor lil was dead before this man went for his methadone.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/

If that is the case Emjay's mom may have burned her bridges and had nobody to care for him save for Hicks. It's not an excuse by no means, but a thought.
    Last edited by Filly; 11-03-2011 at 10:19 AM.

The October 29th death of an 18 month-old Joplin toddler has been ruled a homicide.

Lt. Brian Lewis says preliminary autopsy results reveal that little Emjay Braxton Corn died of blunt force trauma to the head.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/11/toddlers-death-in-joplin-ruled-homicide.html
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

rosepetal1065 is offline Ive got splinters..in the windmills of my mind......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathee View Post
    The October 29th death of an 18 month-old Joplin toddler has been ruled a homicide.

Lt. Brian Lewis says preliminary autopsy results reveal that little Emjay Braxton Corn died of blunt force trauma to the head.

http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2011/11/toddlers-death-in-joplin-ruled-homicide.html
    UGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have never seen so many little ones, seriously hurt or murdered by mommy's new beau. It's almost animal like....new man coming in, feeling threatened by another man's offspring. I don't mean to sound crass, I just don't understand......
    Providing domestic support and love to LE for 18.5 yrs and counting..

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    So mother is in a mental hospital because she claimed she was going to kill everyone in the house and nobody thought to check on the baby? WTH? Did she not have any friends or family this precious boy could have stayed with? JMO

WTF is going on in MO? Lisa Irwin, Tyler Dasher and now this little guy? I'm sure there are more little ones, but I'm not going to name them all off.

Ugh.....and just read it's a homicide by blunt force trauma to the head. I just don't know anymore, I'm seriously speechless. I can't believe how easy it is for these monsters to murder a baby and then try to go on and live about a regular normal day.

It seems like mom's boyfriend is the perp in a baby murder almost every week. What does it say about a woman when she will do literally ANYTHING to have a 'man'. Sheesh.

any updates on Emjay?

Another result of Kids having Kids ....
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoints View Post
    any updates on Emjay?
    I'e searched and searched purplepoints - can't find any news beyond 11/11/11 - I'd like to know if the pathology test results came back, if Hicks has appeared in court again since his initial release on $10,000 bond on child endangerment charges, and most importantly, have homicide charges been made for the death of this beloved baby!

Quote Originally Posted by CanManEh View Post
    Another result of Kids having Kids ....
    When exactly does someone stop being a kid? He is 28.
    Just my opinion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast