PA PA - Lonene Rogers, 29, deaf, Hayfield Township, 7 Jan 1981

Lil'E

Reaction score
I ran a search here and did not find this woman in our forums, if I some how overlooked it, Mods feel free to merge to correct thread or delete if need be.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Lonene Ray Rogers Missing Deaf Woman
since January 7, 1981 from Hayfield Township, Crawford County, Pennsylvania

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: October, 18, 1951
Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 140 lbs.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1850dfpa.html

LRRogers.jpg
LRRogers1.jpg

If the husband was not involved, do you think she was hit by a car? Her coat was missing, so assuming she went for a walk to calm down after the argument, and since a snowstorm hit that night, maybe a car struck her and her body was thrown into a ravine or area where it was never found. Or the driver panicked and took the body. If the snow was coming down heavy and she wasn't very visible, she would never have heard a car coming (being deaf) and could have been struck.

Lonene Ray Rogers
Pennsylvania State Police
814-332-6911

Rogers was last seen at her Little Corners home, 10 miles northwest of Meadville, in Hayfield Township, Pennsylvania on January 7, 1981. That night there was a severe snowstorm.

Police report that on the night of Rogers’ disappearance she had an argument with her husband. Mr. Rogers told police he awoke during the night. When he didn't see his wife, he assumed she was sleeping on the couch. When he got up in the morning her boots, jeans, and coat were gone. Her purse, hearing aid, and car keys were left behind. In addition, her two children who were ages one and six years also remained at home. Mr. Rogers was not initially worried and did not contact police right away. Police further state that her husband fully cooperated with the first investigation and while he has never been ruled out, he is not a suspect either.
None of her close friends or relatives have had any contact with Rogers since the day of her disappearance. Also, there has been no activity for her Social Security number.

Lonene Ray Rogers, W/F/29, Deaf, Crawford County, 7 Jan 1981

Lonene Ray Rogers :: White / Female / Now 64 Years Old

5' 5" :: 140 Lbs.

Hayfield Township, Crawford County, is in North-Western, PA.

Day 12,892:

Doe Network:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1850dfpa.html

LRRogers.jpg
LRRogers1.jpg

National missing & Unidentified persons system:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/2662

National Crime Information Center :: NCIC # M-361503217

A Recent Age-Progression Suggestion:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209774400544856&set=o.168292179877345&type=3

A$ Alway$ :: PA Crime$topper$
Anonymou$ Reward :: 1-800-4PA-TIPS
https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

http://charleyproject.org/case/lonene-ray-rogers

Lonene Ray Rogers

• lonene_ray_rogers_1.jpg
  • lonene_ray_rogers_2.jpg
Rogers, circa 1981

• Missing Since01/07/1981
  • Missing FromHayfield Township, Pennsylvania
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth10/18/1951 (67)
  • Age29 years old
  • Height and Weight5'0 - 5'5, 140 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionPossibly a navy blue or green peacoat, blue jeans and high brown boots.
  • Medical ConditionsRogers is almost totally deaf and cannot speak fluently as a result. She wears a hearing aid, but she left it behind. She was taking medication at the time of her disappearance for unspecified reasons, and she left this behind as well
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Sandy brown hair, gray eyes. Rogers has a freckled complexion and pierced ears. She has had her tonsils removed. She is supposed to wear eyeglasses, but left those behind.
Details of Disappearance
Rogers was last seen at her home on Route 98 in the Littles Corners area of Hatfield Township, Pennsylvania, ten miles northwest of Meadville, on the evening of January 7, 1981. She got into an argument with her husband that evening.

Later that night, he woke up and realized Rogers was not in bed with him. He assumed he was asleep on the couch. When Rogers's husband woke up the following morning, however, he realized she was not in the house at all.

Rogers left behind her hearing aid, eyeglasses, medication, car, and other personal items. She also left her two young children. The evening she went missing, there was a severe snowstorm.

The couple had separated before in late 1980, and when she disappeared her husband initially did not report her as a missing person because he assumed she left of her own accord and would eventually return. She has never been heard from again, however.

Rogers's husband, who is also deaf, cooperated with the police investigation and is not considered a suspect in her case. He still lives in the local area. Their children now live out of state.

There has been no activity on Rogers's Social Security number since she disappeared. Little evidence is available in her disappearance; it remains unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Pennsylvania State Police 814-332-6911
Source Information

Thirty years later, Hayfield Township woman still missing

This is my friend's mom--she had chosen not to speak about her mother in the intervening years, but has decided to start sharing her life and is planning to write a book this year about her mother's life. I hope this is the year she finally gets some answers about what happened to her mother! 40 years is too long to wonder!

Lonene Ray Rogers – The Charley Project

Last updated August 28, 2021; five pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

• rogers_lonene4.jpg
  • rogers_lonene5.jpg
  • rogers_lonene6.jpg
  • rogers_lonene7.jpg
  • rogers_lonene8.jpg
Rogers, circa 1981

Details of Disappearance
Rogers was last seen at her home on Route 98 in the Littles Corners area of Hatfield Township, Pennsylvania, ten miles northwest of Meadville, on the evening of January 7, 1981. She got into an argument with her husband, Clinton R. Rogers, that evening.

Later that night, Clinton woke up and realized Lonene was not in bed with him. He assumed he was asleep on the couch. When he woke up the following morning, however, he realized she was not in the house at all. Lonene left behind her hearing aid, eyeglasses, medication, car, and other personal items. She also left her two young children. The evening she went missing, there was a severe snowstorm.

The couple had separated before in late 1980, and when she disappeared her husband initially did not report her as a missing person. He said he assumed she left of her own accord and would eventually return. She has never been heard from again, however.

After Lonene's disappearance, her husband, who is also deaf, placed their young daughter for adoption. She is now grown but is estranged from her biological father. Lonene and Clinton's daughter is attempting to revive the investigation into her mother's disappearance and learn Lonene's fate. She learned that Clinton has been arrested multiple times and that her parents' marriage was troubled. She believes the local deaf community may have knowledge as to what happened to Lonene.

There has been no activity on Lonene's Social Security number since she disappeared. Little evidence is available in her disappearance; it remains unsolved.

FB group linked on Charley Project for Lonene.

Pinned post contains interesting information
When questioned further, Bud Rogers claimed that it was around 2:00 a.m. on the morning of January 7th when he noticed that Lonene was not in bed with him. He assumed that she went to sleep on the couch after their argument and it was only upon realizing she wasn't home that he assumed she had left him for another man. When dropping off his children at their babysitters he was reportedly shaking and sweaty. Three hours later, at 6:00 a.m., Rogers goes to work, which was reportedly a 20 minute drive.
As for the almost three-hour discrepancy between the time Rogers dropped off his children at the babysitter's and reporting to work, Rogers' only response was that he was searching for his wife.
Rogers' alibi has never been able to be corroborated. The only thing noted as missing from the Rogers' duplex was a Queen-sized blanket, pink in color. To this day Bud Rogers has not been able to provide an explanation as to what occurred with the blanket.
It was also learned that the babysitter, when questioned, would also confirm that Lonene had spoke of leaving Bud prior to her disappearance.

It appears Lonene's mother passed away in 2014. Both parents died without knowing what happened to their daughter.

Remembering the life of Maxine Raffle 1927 - 2014

Does anyone know if Lonene's husband was also deaf? And, was she active in the hearing impaired community?

Yes, her husband was also deaf, he wasn't born deaf like Lonene he lost it in a car accident when he was a child.

Yes, her husband was also deaf, he wasn't born deaf like Lonene he lost it in a car accident when he was a child.

Thank you! I now see a previous post mentioning this.

My aunt was deaf and didn't speak (due to a childhood illness), as was her husband... both were active in their deaf community.

I do hope Lonene will be found - even with all the years that have passed.

Alison Duiker is going the extra mile and then some to find her mother Lonene Ray Rogers after she disappeared.

Duiker, Lonene Roger’s daughter, recalls her mother making plans to leave her father after constant arguing and his recurring legal troubles.

“The couple below said they heard arguing late or early in the morning; however, you want to look at that and the very next morning, my father woke us up and said she left us,” said Alison Duiker, daughter of Lonene Ray Rogers.

“Her social security number has never been used. She’s never tried to get a job, she’s never tried to get healthcare, nothing. She vanished 41 years ago that night,” added Duiker.

Duiker says the recent solving of the Helen Vogt case gives her hope that one day her mother’s case will have a similar outcome.

“I get chills just talking about it because on the justice page, there are people from all over the country and other countries on that page, and people will post more and more and more unsolved cases that are decades old. It absolutely gives me hope that one day my mother’s case will be one of them,” Duiker added

Friday, her search efforts continued with help from over 4,000 people on her Facebook page “Justice for Lonene” with people offering excavators, metal detectors and cadaver dogs.

“This overwhelming show of support, the thousands of people who are supporting and loving and encouraging, absolutely blows me away. I totally feel like my mom has a hand in all of that to show me that she’s got me,” said Duiker.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back