757 users online (109 members and 648 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sale of memorabilia from murder cases is growing business

I personally think this is just wrong. The victims of crime and their families don't need to constantly confront the sensationalism of these crimes used to sell the items.

"From a serial killer's artwork to jailhouse letters from Elisa Baker, the sale of memorabilia from high-profile murder cases is a growing business."

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/29665569/detail.html
    "Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

I think it is wrong too, Reality Orlando. There is also something wrong with anyone would would want such disgusting memorabilia.

JMO
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    I've heard of this stuff before and I think it's weird. Who is buying this stuff??

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

It is distasteful, glorifies crime and I would feel cursed to have such a thing in my home
    England's dancing days are done...

One has to wonder about someone keen to acquire a signature or piece of artwork by someone who's claim to fame is victimizing and murdering another human being.
    There is quite a little market for this stuff though.
    Elmer Wayne Henley Jr. who is serving six life sentences for his very active participation in some of the most savage rape and torture murders in U.S. History of at least thirty teenagers in the early seventies has recast himself in middle age as a sensitive artiste manique his amaturish seascapes sell very well to these 'collectors' he was even able have an art gallery show featuring his work in the Montrose district of Houston a few years ago while he was behind bars.
    Almost every piece sold.

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    It is distasteful, glorifies crime and I would feel cursed to have such a thing in my home
    Absolutely!
    I remember the hoop-la about Gacy's clown paintings becoming "collectable" & some wealthy guy bought all he could find & burned them. Yea him!

Angry

Absolutely disgusting- no, SINFUL!!!!! WHY doesn't the law prohibit this??
    George Eliot: "We constantly ask for God's mercy while showing none ourselves..."