Identified! NV - Washoe Co., Body found near TMCC, Sep'11 - John Daniels

micheleonelonly

Reaction score
http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/No_ID_Yet_for_Body_Found_Near_TMCC_Saturday_129689588.html

I attend TMCC and was outside near the bus stop while authorities pulled a body off the mountain. There was a small flurry of news articles immediately afterward, but nothing current is being reported.

The UID was found during a "routine search" of the area according to one news piece I read. No word on how frequently these searches are conducted.

However, at the time this occurred, the area was still reeling from the IHOP shooting, and then again from the Air Race crash about a week later.

It seems as if everyone has forgotten about our Jane/John Doe. I attempted to contact the Washoe County Sherrif's public info officer, a man named Avila, but my calls were not returned.

I really want to help give this person a name. Since the news has remained silent on this story, I get the impression that no evidence suggests that the individual was murdered, but that doesn't matter. Someone must be missing them, somewhere.

When I was going to school at UNR I noticed a lot of homeless at the entrance to the old Walmart that was at N McCarran right off of 395 as well as other areas of Reno. I hope the identity is discovered.

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/No_ID_Yet_for_Body_Found_Near_TMCC_Saturday_129689588.html

I attend TMCC and was outside near the bus stop while authorities pulled a body off the mountain. There was a small flurry of news articles immediately afterward, but nothing current is being reported.

The UID was found during a "routine search" of the area according to one news piece I read. No word on how frequently these searches are conducted.

However, at the time this occurred, the area was still reeling from the IHOP shooting, and then again from the Air Race crash about a week later.

It seems as if everyone has forgotten about our Jane/John Doe. I attempted to contact the Washoe County Sherrif's public info officer, a man named Avila, but my calls were not returned.

I really want to help give this person a name. Since the news has remained silent on this story, I get the impression that no evidence suggests that the individual was murdered, but that doesn't matter. Someone must be missing them, somewhere.

Sure, but that was nearly 2 months ago. You would think they might at least have found the gender by then or have an idea whether or not the UID was murdered.
I'm just troubled that nothing new has come out for so long...

Perhaps they are waiting on DNA to come back before proceeding?

Sure, but that was nearly 2 months ago. You would think they might at least have found the gender by then or have an idea whether or not the UID was murdered.
I'm just troubled that nothing new has come out for so long...

I'm wondering if, given budgetary problems in Nevada, this case is put on a back burner. THAT would be sad.

Most likely it is not on a back burner, but cause it is still a fairly recent open case they might be hesitant to give out info. Especially if it is a homicide.

I went through a few hoops before they talked to me about the Sheep Flats Jane Doe. They were open abou the case once I got to know them, but then clammed up again.

Keep trying and just be honest about yourself and what you are trying to do.

I went through a few hoops before they talked to me about the Sheep Flats Jane Doe. They were open abou the case once I got to know them, but then clammed up again.

Keep trying and just be honest about yourself and what you are trying to do.

Thanks Charlie. I actually found this site after reading about Sheep Flats Doe on the County website. I really admire your work on that case.
Thank you for the encouragement. I guess I need to keep on truckin if I want to give this person their name back.

I tried to send an email to Rudy Bein, washoe county death investigator, to ask for an update in this case, but I don't have a case number, so he hasn't written back (he did reply to my questions about a different JD in the same email). Is anyone able to find a case # for this UID?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back