Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I have choosen to post missing and murdered from MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE Cold Case Squad – Homicide because I believe some of these cases are related to the killing fields. Some bodies have been recovered and some have not.

Serial Killers move around. One killing in Montgomery County probably killed in other counties surrounding Houston and Fort Worth. I believe there were several moving around in this area of Texas.

Some serial killers move the bodies to other areas so it is highly likely we could find someone missing from one county and remains located in another.

All of these cases are relevant to murders at the time. imo

I have not listed all the missing and murdered from Montgomery County. Please go out and take a look. Very frightening!

http://www.woodlandsonline.com/dbs/s...e/COLDCASE.pdf
    A parole review date is set for July 21, 2012 for Fred Howard Coffey.

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

Please write a letter on behalf of Amanda.

Suspect in the murders of:
    5 yr old Neely Smith, NC
    14 yr old Kathy Lynn Beatty, MD
    8 yr old Travis Shane King, VA

Possibly connected to the disappearances of:
    14 Yr old Tracy Anne King, PA
    11 yr old Sheila and 13 yr old Katherine Lyons, MD
    15 yr old Carolyn Majane, NJ

Write to:
    Chairman Charles L. Mann Sr.
    NC Post Release Supervision & Parole Commission
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540
    RE: Fred Howard Coffey, DOC# 0081135
    or send an email to parole@doc.state.nc.us
    http://justice4amanda.tripod.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieC View Post

1983 Case # 83-6947
    Murder of Laura Jean Donez
    April 18, 1983 – FM 149 7 miles north of Montgomery, Texas
    SYNOPSIS: At approx. 1:00 pm, an oilfield worker observed a fire
    burning in a wooded area, near a logging road, approx. 400 yards west of
    FM 149. The dead body of an unidentified white female was found in the
    fire and MCSO Deputies were called. The fire had been set with what
    appeared to be a road flare and an autopsy revealed that she had been
    strangled. The victim was soon identified as Laura Jean Donez (16 yoa),
    who had last been seen walking away from her residence in the 3500
    block of Raymond Street, Houston, Texas. Donez had reportedly left to
    buy a hamburger at a nearby restaurant. Self-professed Serial Killer
    Henry Lee Lucas subsequently confessed to the crime, along with several
    others in Montgomery County, in 1983. Lucas had confessed to approx.
    600 murders, with about 200 cleared across the United States. Lucas died
    in prison in 2001, after his death sentence was commuted to life. Lucas had recanted his confessions and it is believed that he is not responsible
    for most of the crimes he confessed too.
    Disclaimer: Since the original link is included in the quote, I do not feel the need to replicate JeannieC's work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ikoihil For This Useful Post:

1984 Case # 84-12718
    Murder of Kristine Ann Budde

June 21, 1984 – Riverbrook Drive, Forest Hills Subdivision, Conroe, Texas
    SYNOPSIS: Kristine Budde (19 yoa) was reportedly last seen on June
    21, 1984, at approx. 12:15 am, sitting on the parking lot of the Inverness
    Apartment complex located at 403 Longmire Road, Conroe, Texas. At
    approx. 2:00 am, same date, a MCSO Deputy was flagged down on I-45 at
    FM 1488 and alerted to what was thought to be a body in the roadway.
    The Deputy responded and found the dead body of Budde lying in the
    roadway. The subsequent investigation and subsequent autopsy revealed
    that she had died from being struck by a vehicle. Evidence at the scene
    indicated that the striking vehicle turned around and re-approached
    Budde’s body prior to fleeing the scene.
    Disclaimer: Since the original link is included in the quote, I do not feel the need to replicate JeannieC's work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ikoihil For This Useful Post:

Interesting stuff. It looks like there was a Serial Killer operating in Montgomery County in 1982-1984 who may have continued until the 1990's. His MO seemed to be to abduct women who were alone; often outside convenience stores. Apparently they brought the Henry Lee Lucas Road Show to town and were able to "clear the books" of a lot of their cold cases but this series of killing was never solved.

Montgomery Co is 40 miles North of Houston along I-45. Same freeway but the opposite direction of Galveston and the "killing fields". In the 1980's, it was rural (largest city Conroe) with an economy based on the fading oil and lumber industries. Now it a rapidly growing suburb of Houston.

No matter how similar or different two crimes are, LE can never be sure whether or not the same perp is involved without forensic identifying information. The sheer number of sexually motivated killing in such a small area, particularly in the years 1982-84, is pretty compelling evidence that one SK was doing most of it. What Happened? Did he die or get arrested for something else? Did he leave the area or just start operating in other parts of Metro Houston? Could he have stopped killing and still lives there today?

What is so distressing about the Killing Fields specifically and all the cases in the Houston area is not just the number of "low risk" type women who have died at the hands of sexual predators but the fact that most of these cases are unsolved and the killers are probably still out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post
    Interesting stuff. It looks like there was a Serial Killer operating in Montgomery County in 1982-1984 who may have continued until the 1990's. His MO seemed to be to abduct women who were alone; often outside convenience stores. Apparently they brought the Henry Lee Lucas Road Show to town and were able to "clear the books" of a lot of their cold cases but this series of killing was never solved.

Montgomery Co is 40 miles North of Houston along I-45. Same freeway but the opposite direction of Galveston and the "killing fields". In the 1980's, it was rural (largest city Conroe) with an economy based on the fading oil and lumber industries. Now it a rapidly growing suburb of Houston.

No matter how similar or different two crimes are, LE can never be sure whether or not the same perp is involved without forensic identifying information. The sheer number of sexually motivated killing in such a small area, particularly in the years 1982-84, is pretty compelling evidence that one SK was doing most of it. What Happened? Did he die or get arrested for something else? Did he leave the area or just start operating in other parts of Metro Houston? Could he have stopped killing and still lives there today?

What is so distressing about the Killing Fields specifically and all the cases in the Houston area is not just the number of "low risk" type women who have died at the hands of sexual predators but the fact that most of these cases are unsolved and the killers are probably still out there.
    The truth is, some of them are still out there. Some might have moved on, gone to prison, or died but all of them have not.

I think the number of murders and the different perps shows what LE is up against. They need more help with all these cases.

All these families deserve to know who murdered their loved one and where the body is buried. It is very sad!

Coffey was convicted of the murder of 10 yr old Amanda Marie Ray, NC. He admitted to molesting 300 children.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

Her picture is at the link. If anyone can figure out how to post it here I would appreciate it.
    I have choosen to post missing and murdered from MONTGOMERY COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE Cold Case Squad – Homicide because I believe some of these cases are related to the killing fields. Some bodies have been recovered and some have not.

Serial Killers move around. One killing in Montgomery County probably killed in other counties surrounding Houston and Fort Worth. I believe there were several moving around in this area of Texas.

Some serial killers move the bodies to other areas so it is highly likely we could find someone missing from one county and remains located in another.

All of these cases are relevant to murders at the time. imo

I have not listed all the missing and murdered from Montgomery County. Please go out and take a look. Very frightening!

Just from the ones you posted...
    They collected DNA PROFILE of a male on two or three of the ones you posted. Though they matched no one on record. I wonder if they tried to match them with each other? 2 or 3 killers just on the ones you supplied.

And I wonder if any of them would take a victims car and then use that vehicle in a short manor of time, to abduct and kill another before leaving it abandoned somewhere...........He may had been abandoning the vehicles where his was so he could leave the scene though just speculating.

Gloria Ann Stephan
    Brenda Maureen Hackett
    Just making a guess. But theirs a chance the person whom killed the one also killed the other.

Rita Mae Hughes......Perhaps a random abduction at the train station
    since we do not know if she got on for sure or not.

Kristine Ann Budde........not knowing the distance between where she was and where she was found, if may had been a hit and run. Or she could have been abducted from the parking area where she was scene and made an escape from the moving vehicle and he killed her for it by hitting her with the car, they said evidence indicated the vehicle went back to where she was laying, perhaps he did to see if she was dead.

Laura Jean Donez
    Laura Marie Purchase
    *(Deanna Lynn Ogg)
    *(And perhaps you could add ) her to the two.
    Besides having he same first name. I would bet 70/30 that the same person whom killed the one killed the other almost exactly 30 days apart.
    With same Mo as far as the method of death....strangulation and the setting of the fire in woods/logging area etc.

I only looked at the above for any comparisons I have not looked at any others.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART
    NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACT UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 1952–1 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by kemo View Post

Ack, I wouldn't necessarily buy Henry Lee Lucas for having killed more than about 6 people. He was a known liar. On top of that, Montgomery Co. had internal problems back then, specifically a cop that was possibly protecting a relative who might have been a serial killer there. I'm working on that angle, but don't have all my ducks in a row to bring it up for discussion just yet.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

Another possibility is that a serial killer, let's say from somewhere in or around Montgomery County owned a beach house at any of the beach or fishing locales off south I-45. If we have a person traveling back and forth between Galveston and Montgomery Co. routinely, it could lessen the number of possible suspects. it's a straight shot down I-45, and 68 miles or approx. 1 1/2 hours depending on traffic from Conroe to League City.
    It's an hour and 40 mins. depending on traffic to get from Conroe to Galveston Island. This is not an unreasonable assumption to make distance wise. Much could depend on what kind of job a person had and how much free time he had.

I haven't taken a look at any time lines or checked out all the missiing or deceased women yet, but we could very well have at least one killer familiar with both territories, enough so that he felt completely comfortable operating in either locale. Obviously, some deaths have been attributed to certain people, but for the numerous others who remain unaccounted for as to their killers, we could look for a tie in between Galveston, Alvin, League City, Seabrook etc., and Montgomery County.

Thanks for all your work, JeannieC in looking up these old, cold cases. It's something that really needed doing, and is going to be so very helpful.

I want to add a very famous Texas case out of Montgomery Co. to this list, and that is the case of
    Cheryl Dee Ferguson, a Bellville, TX volleyball player who was killed at Conroe High School August 23,1980. Clarence Brandley was framed, tried, convicted, and sentenced to death row for her murder, only to be released 10 years later. Two other names pop up as possible suspects, who like Brandley were employed at the school as janitors. I can't for the life of me understand why neither was ever charged, and one of them is possibly the killer of leisha Jackson, a Montgomery Co. girl. WTH was going on up in Montgomery County, and why haven't these men ever been charged? In the Ferguson case, the two were identified by eye witnesses as grabbing the girl who pleaded for help. In the other case, the possible perp lived a stone's throw from the victim, per info garnered from another site with similar focus as WS.

So here we have two cases with one possible perp involved in both. There are other murders that possibly fit. Wether or not this guy had any ties to the bays and beach locales, I haven't the foggiest as yet. But if not him, perhaps another possible perp might be out there who does have ties to both areas.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

This is lengthy reading, but worth it. It pertains to the Clarence Brandley case, and mentions the names of the other two POIs in the murder of Cheryl Ferguson.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=ICo...binson&f=false

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    Ack, I wouldn't necessarily buy Henry Lee Lucas for having killed more than about 6 people. He was a known liar. On top of that, Montgomery Co. had internal problems back then, specifically a cop that was possibly protecting a relative who might have been a serial killer there. I'm working on that angle, but don't have all my ducks in a row to bring it up for discussion just yet.
    Please keep working on that. His protections just might have rolled into other counties. OR, we have another county with the same "protection" going on during that time. Like you I can't post it here yet. KWIM?

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

In 1976 the population of Conroe was close to 17,000. I doubt it would be that much more in 1979.

"Two and a half hours after she was last seen at the pier deputy L.B. Robinson arrived at the home of Lesia’s parents."
    source: [PDF] PoliceNews Mont. Dec07
    thepolicenews.net/html/tpnpwdec07.pdf

20. The Following User Says Thank You to justthinkin For This Useful Post:

Another possibility is that a serial killer, let's say from somewhere in or around Montgomery County owned a beach house at any of the beach or fishing locales off south I-45. If we have a person traveling back and forth between Galveston and Montgomery Co. routinely, it could lessen the number of possible suspects. it's a straight shot down I-45, and 68 miles or approx. 1 1/2 hours depending on traffic from Conroe to League City.
    It's an hour and 40 mins. depending on traffic to get from Conroe to Galveston Island. This is not an unreasonable assumption to make distance wise. Much could depend on what kind of job a person had and how much free time he had.

I haven't taken a look at any time lines or checked out all the missiing or deceased women yet, but we could very well have at least one killer familiar with both territories, enough so that he felt completely comfortable operating in either locale. Obviously, some deaths have been attributed to certain people, but for the numerous others who remain unaccounted for as to their killers, we could look for a tie in between Galveston, Alvin, League City, Seabrook etc., and Montgomery County.

Thanks for all your work, JeannieC in looking up these old, cold cases. It's something that really needed doing, and is going to be so very helpful.

I want to add a very famous Texas case out of Montgomery Co. to this list, and that is the case of
    Cheryl Dee Ferguson, a Bellville, TX volleyball player who was killed at Conroe High School August 23,1980. Clarence Brandley was framed, tried, convicted, and sentenced to death row for her murder, only to be released 10 years later. Two other names pop up as possible suspects, who like Brandley were employed at the school as janitors. I can't for the life of me understand why neither was ever charged, and one of them is possibly the killer of leisha Jackson, a Montgomery Co. girl. WTH was going on up in Montgomery County, and why haven't these men ever been charged? In the Ferguson case, the two were identified by eye witnesses as grabbing the girl who pleaded for help. In the other case, the possible perp lived a stone's throw from the victim, per info garnered from another site with similar focus as WS.

So here we have two cases with one possible perp involved in both. There are other murders that possibly fit. Wether or not this guy had any ties to the bays and beach locales, I haven't the foggiest as yet. But if not him, perhaps another possible perp might be out there who does have ties to both areas.
    Great information! We'll have to get these girls listed here with pictures. Others might know something and can add to this. The more information we gather the better chance of solving these case.

HOPE LE IS READING! WE'RE HERE TO HELP!

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

22. The Following User Says Thank You to JeannieC For This Useful Post:

In 1976 the population of Conroe was close to 17,000. I doubt it would be that much more in 1979.

"Two and a half hours after she was last seen at the pier deputy L.B. Robinson arrived at the home of Lesia’s parents."
    source: [PDF] PoliceNews Mont. Dec07
    thepolicenews.net/html/tpnpwdec07.pdf

BBM

Justthinkin, can you post that with a link?

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

This is lengthy reading, but worth it. It pertains to the Clarence Brandley case, and mentions the names of the other two POIs in the murder of Cheryl Ferguson.
    http://books.google.com/books?id=ICo...binson&f=false
    WOW! So much information. We have Robinson who sold Amway and worked as a janitor at a school. At that time, Amway was sold door to door............

Acremen talked to Cheryl before her murder. A school janitor, taxi driver in Tx, long distance truck driver............

and of course Brandley, school janitor.

Then we have a non-responsive DA and over zealous LD tester!

Not an "innocent" one in the bunch!

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540
    Raleigh, NC 27626-0540

1980 Case # 80-2138
    Murder of Barbara Gale Whitten
    July 8, 1980 – Wooded area, south of Roman Forest Blvd, New Caney, Texas
    SYNOPSIS: At approximately 2:00 pm, a witness responded to the sight
    of smoke in the area of the scene. Upon arrival, the witness observed what
    appeared to be a log on fire and a 1976 – 1977 medium blue Chevrolet
    Nova parked nearby. The Nova had what appeared to be two navy blue
    racing stripes on the side. Two white males were observed closing the
    vehicle trunk and upon entering the car, the males fled on Roman Forest
    Blvd. MCSO Deputies responded and found that the fire involved a dead
    body of a black female. Two freshly dug shallow holes were located
    nearby. The victim was later identified by dental records as Barbara Gale
    Whitten (23 yoa) from Wipprecht Street in Houston, Texas. An autopsy
    revealed that she had been shot multiple times with a 22-caliber firearm.
    In 1983, self-professed Serial Killer Henry Lee Lucas subsequently
    confessed to several murders in Montgomery County, along with approx.
    600 murders elsewhere. Investigators in 1983 thought that Lucas might
    have been involved in Whitten’s murder. Lucas died in prison in 2001,
    after his death sentence was commuted to life. Lucas had recanted his
    confessions and it is believed that he is not responsible for most of the
    crimes he confessed too.

5 yr old Neely Smith, NC

Write to:
    P.O. Box 29540