Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJames View Post
    Sitting on my hands !
    Dare ya!
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post

So what was Dr. Spitz's testimony based on? He examined skeletal remains just like Dr G, what was his scientific confirmation?

What scientific confirmation did he have to hypothesize that the medical examiner or her office staged the photos of Caylee's remains?

What scientific confirmation did he have to testify that the duct tape was applied after the body fully decomposed because someone wanted to move it?

Dr Spitz accused Dr G of shoddy work because she did not open the skull on a thoroughly decomposed body even though there is no official protocol on that, not even in the book on forensic investigation that Dr Spitz has co-written

Dr Spitz testified that the dried sediment found in the skull was from Caylee BUT upon cross examination he admitted that the sediment was not chemically proven to be from Caylee's body.

Man, just reading that makes me want to throw things again...and I'm just going to stop there...

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aedrys For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Aedrys View Post
    Man, just reading that makes me want to throw things again...and I'm just going to stop there...
    I don't have that reaction at all and I still can't believe anyone took his testimony seriously because he was so....well........er..

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    I saw in the above referenced blog that JB had to stick his nose in it. How does he know the jury rejected it? And, no, it did not require medical training, just common sense.

In an email, defense attorney Jose Baez responded, “Dr. G needs a TV special to explain her science because her testimony was not based on science. All three reasons she used to give her ‘OPINION’ that it was a homicide did not require any medical training whatsoever. That is why the jury rejected it.”
    And as usual, he is way off the mark. None of the three reasons she outlined have anything to do with her opinion.

1. That no drowning in Orange that has lead to a death has gone unreported. Since she has the stats, I don't suppose that's an opinion.
    2. That no accidental drowning victim has been tossed in the woods like trash. Since she has the stats, I don't suppose that's an opinion either.
    3. That no accidental drowning victim in Orange County has been duct taped in order to make the drowning look like a murder, or suffocation, or any other form of death. Actually, no duct tape on drowning victims at all. Since she has the stats...well, you know.

The hypothetico-deductive method:
    1.Gather data (observations about something that is unknown, unexplained, or new)
    2.Hypothesize an explanation for those observations.
    3.Deduce a consequence of that explanation (a prediction). Formulate an experiment to see if the predicted consequence is observed.
    4.Wait for corroboration. If there is corroboration, go to step 3. If not, the hypothesis is falsified. Go to step 2

This is called science, JB. When Dr. G tried to work with an accident theory, and given all of the stats that she had at her discretion, she continually went back to step 2. Then she tried the homicide theory. It passed all steps.
    Assuming Dr. Spitzer-schnizel went through all of these steps, which I think he was too pompous to do, and actually used the evidence and not his OPINION/FANTASY that maybe LE or Kronk or Zenaida staged the scene, he would have deduced the same as Dr. G. But he was paid to do otherwise...

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post

So what was Dr. Spitz's testimony based on? He examined skeletal remains just like Dr G, what was his scientific confirmation?

What scientific confirmation did he have to hypothesize that the medical examiner or her office staged the photos of Caylee's remains?

What scientific confirmation did he have to testify that the duct tape was applied after the body fully decomposed because someone wanted to move it?

Dr Spitz accused Dr G of shoddy work because she did not open the skull on a thoroughly decomposed body even though there is no official protocol on that, not even in the book on forensic investigation that Dr Spitz has co-written
    Dr Spitz testified that the dried sediment found in the skull was from Caylee BUT upon cross examination he admitted that the sediment was not chemically proven to be from Caylee's body.

Nor was there any practical reason to do so, given that it would have destroyed the evidence, a skull possibly as thin as an eggshell-with no reason to use anything other than an x-ray.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
    No proof duct tape obscured any airway - if did, no proof Casey applied said duct tape

Death not reported - she was scared, young, immature, and didn't know what to do

Body hidden away by WHO

Lies don't equal murder

All JUST MY OWN OPINION
    I hear what you're saying although imo the Anthony's seem to somewhat agree with Dr. G or they would still be out there looking for the real killer - instead they started a foundation for Grandparents Rights
    Last edited by okiedokietoo; 11-21-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    ...the humble opinion of Jo Schmo...0 number of Days Jury Deliberated for Caylee

11. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to okiedokietoo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
    No proof duct tape obscured any airway - if did, no proof Casey applied said duct tape

Death not reported - she was scared, young, immature, and didn't know what to do

Body hidden away by WHO

Lies don't equal murder

All JUST MY OWN OPINION
    Hmm - are you saying the duct was applied to Caylee's face but left the nose open and the mouth not covered so she could breathe? What was the point of that do you think?

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Good for Dr. G ! She is a "class act" ... I cannot wait to watch her show !

This is the best news I have heard since Jeff Ashton's book was published !

And as to Jose Baez, he is soooooo "jealous" that Ashton and now Dr. G are getting the attention ...

Jose = "yesterday's news" -- just like his "client" ...

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

I doubt I will watch it. I don't read anything about Casey either and will always change my TV channel when there is any story about her. I still turn over th mags in the check out line if it has anything about her on the front.
    Evil has a face - that face is CA

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pollywog For This Useful Post:

Whoops!

Bumping, so this tired old soul doesn't forget....
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lisa%20tackett

The Cherokee people were by no means frontier savages. By the 1830s they developed their own written language, printed newspapers and elected leaders to representative government.

All opinions posted by me, are mine, and in no way , are they to be interpreted as FACT, unless I provide a LINK.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

I have never seen any of her shows, but will make it a point to watch this one.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuths4Me View Post
    It will premiere at 8 p.m. Jan. 1 on TLC and repeat Jan. 6 on Discovery Fit & Health.
    Snipped that for prosperity so nobody does like I did and start and page 3 and read backwards to look for the time and date

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    Bumping, so this tired old soul doesn't forget....
    Tulessa, this old soul will remind you!! I cant wait.I have it marked on my calendar in big letters..I feel Dr. G wants people to just realize the truth of forensics..Unlike other people she doesnt want pay, we know that for sure
    just for truth to come out on forensics.
    A CHRISTMAS STORY HOUSE .
    Me , Amy , Melissa .

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    I have never seen any of her shows, but will make it a point to watch this one.
    neesaki, I think you will enjoy her show. Its (IMO) not like other autopsy programs. Dr. G. is a very upbeat person. She explains things for the everyday person to understand. She is very caring about all, I must say it really hurts to see Baez make such stupid remarks about her. They say "stupid is as stupid does," really fits in his case.

P.S. one learns a lot about the live human body from her shows..
    A CHRISTMAS STORY HOUSE .
    Me , Amy , Melissa .

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast