Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr G. to do special about Caylee

Well, we do have to admit that it is so much easier to disagree with findings when we are not experts. For the ME's they are required to report what they have found and they are required to report their findings. I think Dr. G. has done an excellent job of reporting what she believes happened to Caylee based on her vast knowledge and education.

I don't think the defense team, in the end, disagreed that there was tape originally on Caylee's face and where it was specifically located because of their claim that someone else placed the body at the remains site. They really can't have it two ways but we have to admit they sure tried. lol jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
    He may have stated it on the Dr Phil show but CSI Hanson, Dr Shultz, Dr Utz, nor Dr G ever testified in court that the tape was covering her mouth and/or nose.
    Uh...maybe 'cause there wasn't a mouth or a nose left? Seeing that JA is a lay person he might have interpreted the doctor's findings as such.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pcrum12 View Post
    fwiw, no where in the autopsy report does it state that tape was "wrapped around" the face, mouth and nose. It actually states that tape was attached to the hair and overlying the mandible and maxilla, per Dr Utz (the first ME to examine the remains). Dr Shultz states that it can be INFERRED that the tape was what could have held the mandible in place. However, it is also noted that plant growth had permeated the remains. IMO, this too could have held the mandible. And that is exactly what CSI Hanson, Dr. Shultz and Dr. Utz testified to in court. No expert testified that the duct tape was responsible for holding the mandible in place during the decompositional process in court. Also, IMO, the muck could have been responsible for the position of the skull and mandible. I don't see how the duct tape could have held the mandible. The skin, hair and duct tape would have loosened before the jaw muscles decomposed. The PT theory the tape was applied to the skin, then skin loosened and fell off the face but somehow the tape held enough to keep the mandible in anatomical postion? IMO, I just can't buy it. Again, all JMOO.

ETA: As to Dr. Spitz, his theory was just a smokescreen put on by the defense.
    You should read page 14 of Dr Garavaglia's report, paragraph 3 - the part where it says colored tape was found to be covering the mouth and nasal aperture areas by Dr Schult and Dr Utz.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    You should read page 14 of Dr Garavaglia's report, paragraph 3 - the part where it says colored tape was found to be covering the mouth and nasal aperture areas by Dr Schult and Dr Utz.
    Also on Pg. 3, Paragraph 2 where it states there is duct tape over the lower facial region still attached to head hair. "This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place". So much for the theory of the the duct tape breaking down losing its' ability to remain "attached". All three doctors signed off on this report. Also, if the mandible is the medical term for the lower jaw and the maxilla is the medical term for the upper jaw, what part of her airway would have been uncovered? None....is the answer I come up with.

Who....other than Casey had the hidden 31 days, the death car, the lies, the thieving and deception, a tattoo all happening while her 2 year old daughter was allegedly "missing" yet, admittedly was "never missing" according to her own attorney. No one.......is the answer I come up with.

According to the latest news, two thirds of the country think so too. I've been sick about the verdict since it was read and I hope that Dr. G's show on the 1st of January will clear up a lot of "armchair theories" and put them to rest for the sake of this poor child's unjustified fate.
    My posts are my opinion only.....

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Baznme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Baznme View Post
    Also on Pg. 3, Paragraph 2 where it states there is duct tape over the lower facial region still attached to head hair. "This duct tape was clearly placed prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place". So much for the theory of the the duct tape breaking down losing its' ability to remain "attached". All three doctors signed off on this report. Also, if the mandible is the medical term for the lower jaw and the maxilla is the medical term for the upper jaw, what part of her airway would have been uncovered? None....is the answer I come up with.

Who....other than Casey had the hidden 31 days, the death car, the lies, the thieving and deception, a tattoo all happening while her 2 year old daughter was allegedly "missing" yet, admittedly was "never missing" according to her own attorney. No one.......is the answer I come up with.

According to the latest news, two thirds of the country think so too. I've been sick about the verdict since it was read and I hope that Dr. G's show on the 1st of January will clear up a lot of "armchair theories" and put them to rest for the sake of this poor child's unjustified fate.
    I'm still amazed that a group of 12 people would think someone would lie about a "drowning" because that's what Casey did (if you believe the DT)...she lied and made it a "kidnapping"...by her own words. She would lie and sit in jail for 3 years with her life on the line. Because her mother would be angry at her and never forgive her? It just doesn't make sense!

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I'm still amazed that a group of 12 people would think someone would lie about a "drowning" because that's what Casey did (if you believe the DT)...she lied and made it a "kidnapping"...by her own words. She would lie and sit in jail for 3 years with her life on the line. Because her mother would be angry at her and never forgive her? It just doesn't make sense!
    Jeff said that too. Who would possibly take a truly accidental death and alter the story in order to make it sound like a kidnapping and murder?
    We have heard FCA talking to her mother in such a contemptuous manner that the possibility she was afraid of her reaction to anything is laughable.

12. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Well, we do have to admit that it is so much easier to disagree with findings when we are not experts. For the ME's they are required to report what they have found and they are required to report their findings. I think Dr. G. has done an excellent job of reporting what she believes happened to Caylee based on her vast knowledge and education.

I don't think the defense team, in the end, disagreed that there was tape originally on Caylee's face and where it was specifically located because of their claim that someone else placed the body at the remains site. They really can't have it two ways but we have to admit they sure tried. lol jmo
    I also thought that one big clue the PT didn't drive home but left for the jury to figure out, was that duct tape was also found in the same grid area as some the hand bones. Neither JA nor Mr. George directly connect the two because they may have thought it was obvious enough for the jurors to grasp on their own. It was like a jigsaw puzzle with huge peices sitting along side that the 12 did not look at and come to a conclusion where they fit into the picture, although I myself thought it was a given.
    Anything worth dewing, is worth dewing well!
    Proud parent of 3 rescued schnauzers

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dewey2Me1MoThyme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I so agree w/you! Like casey's mother wouldn't be mad that Caylee was "kidnapped" and then casey failed to report it for 31 days? With both of those scenarios I could see a mother (even Cindy) being less mad about an accidental drowning than she would be about an unreported kidnapping. But, whatever. I guess the jury made up their minds and they thought it was plausible that Caylee accidentally drowned. I just wonder if any of them ever look back and realize that they did the wrong thing? Not that I am expecting any of them to admit to it.

16. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dells For This Useful Post:

Jeff said that too. Who would possibly take a truly accidental death and alter the story in order to make it sound like a kidnapping and murder?
    We have heard FCA talking to her mother in such a contemptuous manner that the possibility she was afraid of her reaction to anything is laughable.
    Bolding by me....

That was such a good point made by him, and once he made it I truly thought the state had the case in the bag. I just cannot understand how I saw things so differently from this jury.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dells For This Useful Post:

On top of the beautiful Appalachian Mountains.
    Bumping this because it's getting close.
    Don't murder in Kentucky! My thread here.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...n+lisa+tackett

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

A proud happy people, we were here long before the white man came. Stalking along meadow paths, we were used to hunting every day. The rivers gave us fish, The woods even gave us deer and other wild game. Here upon this land, we built our homes, and raised our families. Love was free and natural, as we moved swiftly among the trees. This was a country, It was here that we lived for centuries. Oh I want peace with my soul again. Oh I, I want peace with my soul again. Everyday was new love,. Our village was filled with smiling faces.

All credit from the quote above, goes to Tom Bee, and XIT! The first Rock Native American band.

Thank you Tom!!

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

YES!!!! ONE MORE WEEK!!!
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Ohhhh noo you don't! Get you hinny back up there thread!! BUMMMMMPPPPP!

Thank you Tom!!

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tulessa For This Useful Post:

Going Up!!!
    Lord~please give me a break~Love, Noreen.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nore For This Useful Post:

Dr. Jan Garavaglia, who has been in Orange County for many years now and worked on thousands of cases, testified that the answer to your question is....no one.
    The most important question, IMO, is what kind of judge, state's attorney, and defense team in a death penalty case would put such a rushed timeline on a case involving the fate of a 22 year old and the death of her daughter? I thought their timeline was rushed when they gave it to HHJS/HHJP early on. And was it ever.
    And what kind of judge would impanel a jury that would only serve if the timeline was short or a juror that refused to judge people, because to not impanel them would mean time and money finding homeless people to serve instead? Those were the first moments I felt let down by the state and HHJP, in voir dire. The US Constitution, and I am sure the Constitution of Florida, does not instruct that a person get their due process, or that a victim receive justice when their right to Life is infringed, with the caveat that those rights come with a budget or a price tag.
    Please, no need to reply about the broke-arse financial state Florida is in, don't care. Just because a great majority of our country thinks with their watch and their pocketbook instead of their moral compass is not for me to resolve. I am glad to stray from the crowd on that one.
    Maybe HHJP should have impaneled homeless people, betcha they would have served far more honorably.
    In fact, when it suited HHJP, he let the defense have plenty of time to muck around. A ton of time. Served his purpose, I write, because he did not want to be overturned on appeal for sure. So, it's okay for a judge to protect his record by allowing a defense team ample time, but if the state wants to strike a juror that cannot judge people, then the judge cannot waste time and must rush to impanel her and move on? Please.

30. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Just Jayla For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post
    Dr. Jan Garavaglia, who has been in Orange County for many years now and worked on thousands of cases, testified that the answer to your question is....no one.
    The most important question, IMO, is what kind of judge, state's attorney, and defense team in a death penalty case would put such a rushed timeline on a case involving the fate of a 22 year old and the death of her daughter? I thought their timeline was rushed when they gave it to HHJS/HHJP early on. And was it ever.
    And what kind of judge would impanel a jury that would only serve if the timeline was short or a juror that refused to judge people, because to not impanel them would mean time and money finding homeless people to serve instead? Those were the first moments I felt let down by the state and HHJP, in voir dire. The US Constitution, and I am sure the Constitution of Florida, does not instruct that a person get their due process, or that a victim receive justice when their right to Life is infringed, with the caveat that those rights come with a budget or a price tag.
    Please, no need to reply about the broke-arse financial state Florida is in, don't care. Just because a great majority of our country thinks with their watch and their pocketbook instead of their moral compass is not for me to resolve. I am glad to stray from the crowd on that one.
    Maybe HHJP should have impaneled homeless people, betcha they would have served far more honorably.
    In fact, when it suited HHJP, he let the defense have plenty of time to muck around. A ton of time. Served his purpose, I write, because he did not want to be overturned on appeal for sure. So, it's okay for a judge to protect his record by allowing a defense team ample time, but if the state wants to strike a juror that cannot judge people, then the judge cannot waste time and must rush to impanel her and move on? Please.
    Thanks for putting this into words for me - I feel like you just explained yet another aspect of the whole trial that I hadn't been able to put down in words on my own. You described exactly the same things that caught my attention during jury selection.

The first glimpse we had at the justice system's failure that was soon to follow.

I can't wait to watch Dr. G's episode about Caylee Marie...yet another stranger among millions of strangers to Caylee Marie who cried genuine tears for her.

32. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to princesspjs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jayla View Post

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

Per NBC on twitter, Dr. G. will be on the Today show this morning...

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LinTX For This Useful Post:

I missed it.
    Did anyone get to watch or tape this?
    What did Dr. G say?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:

She hasn't been on yet...just now introduced her for the upcoming segment

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LinTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by watcher9 View Post
    I missed it.
    Did anyone get to watch or tape this?
    What did Dr. G say?
    You didn't miss it. Coming up NOW

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bayouland View Post
    You didn't miss it. Coming up NOW
    Hi Bayouland... ...can you make some comments about content? Can't get the today show where I live -
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Hi Bayouland... ...can you make some comments about content? Can't get the today show where I live -
    Not on yet. They did hair and now are cooking.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to watcher9 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    My take warning No quotes, sorry.

She basically reiterated that she had very good reason for saying the death was a homicide by undetermined means. Her special coming up is to set the record straight on how she came to that conclusion and debunk the snippets and soundbytes by the defense that make it seem like her report was baseless.

It was obvious she is sick of this crap and is going on record to tell it like it is. She stopped short of blaming FCA for the murder saying it was not her job to determine who - instead to determine what happened. Sje said however that she was responsible for Caylee.

That's about it really. I taped it and will watch it back to see if I missed anything juicy.

48. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to bayouland For This Useful Post:

Today Show interview for all that missed.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/261848...14632#45814632

50. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jamiect For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast